Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (656850 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Roland17(m): 4:27am On Oct 20, 2016
ValerianSteel:
If there's one thing I've observed is they keep voting against their interest and if we examine the records of both candidates as it impacts the South.Hillary has done more for families in the South in her lifetime than Trump will begin to do.His business are largely in the East and West while every aspect of Hillary's life in public service has furthered a cause that benefits a Southern family but they keep going for republicans who do the same thing over and over again and never change the living conditions down South.

You have to remember the South is largely Red owing to the history of the United States, the Civil war (which was primarily hinge on slavery), and the 2nd amendment.

One prominent democrat is not going to change the ideology of the South.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 4:31am On Oct 20, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Gbam. Not only his temperament, but his undiluted racism against minorities. I remember very vividly 20 years ago about the Central Park 5. 4 young black guys in their teens and a 16 year old Latino that were wrongly accused and convicted of rape and murder of a white lady in the park. After 10 years in jail, the real offender confessed and the DNA backed it up that the young guys were falsely imprisoned. New York city paid the guys $40 million to settle the case. The Racist Tramp bought a page in all major newspapers in New York to ask for death penalty for the innocent guys. Uo till today, he still believe those guys are guilty despite the DNA absolving them of the crime. That how useless and worthless human being Tramp is. He's a hard core and unrepentant racist piece of garbage.

Wondered why the media did not bring up that case and hit it up well..Undecided Voters should know more about this racist of a Guy..

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:33am On Oct 20, 2016
Roland17:
@CFCman

What is your opinion about the interpretation of the constitution by the supreme court? Do you think the constitution should be interpreted like the founders wrote or do you believe the constitution is a living document?

I think i enjoyed that part of the debate between both.
If I may.

I answer this with a simple question;

Are the realities of the American society when the founding fathers wrote the constitution the same as it is today?

I guess No.The laws of the land must always reflect the realities of today.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:37am On Oct 20, 2016
happney65:

Wondered why the media did not bring up that case and hit it up well..Undecided Voters should know more about this racist of a Guy..
Tramp is a documented racist. That's why I hate his guts so much. Anyone that knows what racism does to young mind will loathe the trampy bigot. I grew up when Reagan was purposely flooding minority neighborhoods in America in the 80s with drugs to fund the war against the Sandanistan government of Daniel Ortega in El Salvador. The damage is still with black America up till today. That's why I take umbrage when I see the clowns on nairaland who have no knowledge of happenings in America shouting and foaming in the mouth about a Racist dog who couldn't give a damn about them.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 4:37am On Oct 20, 2016
ValerianSteel:
If I may.

Are the realities of the American society when the founding fathers wrote the constitution the same as it is today?

And that is why there should be commonsense Gun Laws not NRA Members saying the Status core should remain..Like they say,Change is the only constant thing in life..

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 4:38am On Oct 20, 2016
Roland17:

You have to remember the South is largely Red owing to the history of the United States, the Civil war (which was primarily hinge on slavery), and the 2nd amendment.

One prominent democrat is not going to change the ideology of the South.
I accept this as very true but we need to combat the fact free and ignorant culture in the South.I believe that's the main issues.They'd rather thump their Bibles first and sing first amendments before ever considering voting someone with clear agendas that can help them.

The South lives on a reality on its own which is 'We are the real Americans'.This election has clearly shown us how the minds of an average Southerner works.

I find this map humorous,it's meant to be funny but truly it's what they believe.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Roland17(m): 4:41am On Oct 20, 2016
ValerianSteel:
If I may.

I share similar sentiments,however, in moderation. If the constitution is viewed entirely as a living document that evolves then its safe to say the Republican party would gradually become extinct if they don't change some of their ideologies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 20, 2016
Roland17:
@CFCman

What is your opinion about the interpretation of the constitution by the supreme court? Do you think the constitution should be interpreted like the founders wrote or do you believe the constitution is a living document?

I think i enjoyed that part of the debate between both.
I believe the constitution is a living document that should be interpreted in a way to suit the 21st century.

I hold my strict constructionist buddies in high esteem, but I don't really think the founding fathers thought that their 18th century document would be a rigid one. For example, the likes of Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Quincy Adams or George Washington couldn't imagine that man would fly in an airplane, discover electricity, or invent nuclear weapons.

Besides, if we are to follow the constitution strictly by the letter, then only citizens who are members of a regulated militia would be eligible to own firearms.

So, I believe the constitution should be interpreted in the context of present and future circumstances.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:46am On Oct 20, 2016
happney65:

And that is why there should be commonsense Gun Laws not NRA Members saying the Status core should remain..Like they say,Change is the only constant thing in life..
I agree. I own two guns myself but I still believe there should be common sense gun laws. I remember years ago, NRA used to send me all kind of offers and discounts papers so I can join them. I called them up and ask how do they know my number. They told me they bought my phone number through the shooting range I used to go. The people at NRA led by Wayne Lapierre are bunch of racists and fools.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:48am On Oct 20, 2016
ValerianSteel:
If I may.

That's why we Liberals think of the Constitution as a living and breathing document. Don't forget that most of the founding fathers were slave owners.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 20, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I don't do war of memes or war of allegations and conspiracies.I deal with facts.

Before you waste my time typing up a rebuttal,do yourself a favor and go online,type in the talking points in your filters online and read the truth.Feel free to come back here if none of it is cleared up.

Whatever
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 4:53am On Oct 20, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I agree. I own two guns myself but I still believe there should be common sense gun laws. I remember years ago, NRA used to send me all kind of offers and discounts papers so I can join them. I called them up and ask how do they know my number. They told me they bought my phone number through the shooting range I used to go. The people at NRA led by Wayne Lapierre are bunch of racists and fools.

Racists they are indeed..No Doubt..

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 20, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Buddy, don't mind Junebug, he's our resident comic. I love the young brother though. He's just been brainwashed. The older he gets, the more he will see the light.

Your sister calls this young brother...Papi.

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Roland17(m): 4:56am On Oct 20, 2016
I think the biggest problem with the Grand Old Party is its refusal to evolve as they hold strongly to the founders view of the constitution and that is why Trump is seeking a supreme court judge who shares similar constitutional ideologies like Justice Scalia.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:10am On Oct 20, 2016
Lucasbalo:

Hardly a day goes by without you harping on things like this. This is like the 50th time you're telling us how many guns you own. grin

I equally own 2 guns in Ijebu. One, I inherited from my maternal grandfather and the other I bought with my money but you don't hear me whining about it. grin cheesy grin

Grow up Lucas! grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:14am On Oct 20, 2016
Zoharariel:

Hardly a day goes by without you harping on things like this. This is like the 50th time you're telling us how many guns you own. grin

I equally own 2 guns in Ijebu. One, I inherited from my maternal grandfather and the other I bought with my money but you don't hear me whining about it. grin cheesy grin

Grow up Lucas! grin
You that's begging for little bag of rice from Kashamu. Let the power in Nigeria hear you mouthing off about gun ownership in Nigeria and you will find yourself in Kirikiri as an armed robber.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 5:20am On Oct 20, 2016
Trump is one strange person. Why being abusive even during debate that millions of people are watching?

His saying "Nasty woman" to Hillary really turned me off. Very disrespectful man.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:25am On Oct 20, 2016
armyofone:
Trump is one strange person. Why being abusive even during debate that millions of people are watching?

His saying "Nasty woman" to Hillary really turned me off. Very disrespectful man.

That is why he's losing the support of Surbuban women he will need. This election is over God forbid something catastrophic happens.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 20, 2016
armyofone:

Hilary has called him bigot and much worse, it's justified and she really is nasty.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by kinibigdeal(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Trump responses were issue based rather than a tax-diversion talk with no values. America have never been weak in foreign policies than what we are experiencing under secretary Hilary and is godfather Obama. Vladir Putin is even more famous than Barrack Obama this days
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
Fact Check once again proves Hilary is right

The night we took down Bin Laden,he was hosting Celebrity Apprentice.
Here's' footage of NBC cutting the programme for live report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV76jeUQTXI

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cry me a river.

Republican tears when Romney lost to Obama.This is just too satisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUE7PqEVXzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iFA7mMX0MY

This beautiful comments below are just too perfect.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Cry me a river.

Republican tears when Romney lost to Obama.This is just too satisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUE7PqEVXzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iFA7mMX0MY

This beautiful comments below are just too perfect.
Faux News are in mourning already and we still have a little over two weeks to go. The crying and mourning i am waiting for is the Foreigners for Racist Tramp on November 9. That will be the icing on cake for me.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
grin grin I couldn't help myself last night. I laughed so hard most of the time and Hillary couldn't help it too, oh goodness lmao...i mean Trump was a real entertainment to watch. Did you observed how he left there in a hurry. I thought he would go chat up people who came there for him. He was gone real quick but Hilary was still there taking pictures and greeting people. She should not rest now!!!
I hope she will continue to do well and people will go out and vote for her.

Lucasbalo:
Faux News are in mourning already and we still have a little over two weeks to go. The crying and mourning i am waiting for is the Foreigners for Racist Tramp on November 9. That will be the icing on cake for me.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
armyofone:
grin grin I couldn't help myself last night. I laughed so hard most of the time and Hillary couldn't help it too, oh goodness lmao...i mean Trump was a real entertainment to watch. Did you observed how he left there in a hurry. I thought he would go chat up people who came there for him. He was gone real quick but Hilary was still there taking pictures and greeting people. She should not rest now!!!
I hope she will continue to do well and people will go out and vote for her.

You are absolutely right. Tramp is worse than deplorables in my book. I was against McCain and Romney when they ran against Obama in 08 and 12 but I know that they are honorable men that I disagree with on policies. Tramp is just a two bit professional con artist cum racist whose hatred for women is legendary. This election was over the day Mr Racist clinch the republican nomination. Hopefully, the Party of Lincoln will regroup after November 8 for the betterment of America because we deserve two strong Parties for check and balances.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by nickvanilla(m): 5:58am On Oct 21, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You are absolutely right. Tramp is worse than deplorables in my book. I was against McCain and Romney when they ran against Obama in 08 and 12 but I know that they are honorable men that I disagree with on policies. Tramp is just a two bit professional con artist cum racist whose hatred for women is legendary. This election was over the day Mr Racist clinch the republican nomination. Hopefully, the Party of Lincoln will regroup after November 8 for the betterment of America because we deserve two strong Parties for check and balances.

I'll advice you not to take that psycho serious anymore
I used to believe him before but now i just realized that the whole of America has been fooled.
Believe me, the whole world would wake up to the ugly reality that the trump campaign is one of the biggest PR stunts ever made in the history of man

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:13am On Oct 21, 2016
nickvanilla:

I'll advice you not to take that psycho serious anymore
I used to believe him before but now i just realized that the whole of America has been fooled.
Believe me, the whole world would wake up to the ugly reality that the trump campaign is one of the biggest PR stunts ever made in the history of man
The good news is that Americans are not being fooled anymore by his two bit hustling. Google Trump University and see that the Trampy One is a professional scam artist. He's going to lose badly on November 8.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 21, 2016
Trump will get rid of Child support....RIP CONDOMS cool
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 21, 2016
I'll put up my 'conspiracy' hat for a second....
In December 2016, president-elect Hilary Clinton names current First Lady Michelle Obama as her Secretary of State designate.

In February 2017, Michelle Obama is confirmed by the US Senate as Secretary of State. Sec Obama serves for 2 years, takes a 4-month sabattical before announcing her run for President in 2020. President Clinton had earlier announced that she won't seek a 2nd term in office.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:58am On Oct 21, 2016
CFCman:

I believe the constitution is a living document that should be interpreted in a way to suit the 21st century.

I hold my strict constructionist buddies in high esteem, but I don't really think the founding fathers thought that their 18th century document would be a rigid one. For example, the likes of Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Quincy Adams or George Washington couldn't imagine that man would fly in an airplane, discover electricity, or invent nuclear weapons.

Besides, if we are to follow the constitution strictly by the letter, then only citizens who are members of a regulated militia would be eligible to own firearms.

So, I believe the constitution should be interpreted in the context of present and future circumstances.

The constitution cannot and should not be a living document that politicians can manipulate as they wish. Airplanes and nuclear weapons have nothing to do with laws.

The idea that only 9 men can tell the whole nation what the constitution says is even absurd. That creates a situation where presidents fill the courts with ideologues that will defend their position instead of interpreting the document the way it was meant to.

If liberals think that the consitution is a living document then they should be in favour of calling a constitutional convention by the states and let start amending the whole thing to fit into the so called "21st century". Isnt that a better idea than making laws that have been passed election issues? The left wants to repeal citizens united, the right wants to strike down rowe v wade even thou the laws are on the books.

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected.
Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

If you read direct quotes from most of the founders, you will understand that they want normal citizens to have guns to protect themselves and that should even undercut your well regulated militia logic.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I accept this as very true but we need to combat the fact free and ignorant culture in the South.I believe that's the main issues.They'd rather thump their Bibles first and sing first amendments before ever considering voting someone with clear agendas that can help them.

The South lives on a reality on its own which is 'We are the real Americans'.This election has clearly shown us how the minds of an average Southerner works.

I find this map humorous,it's meant to be funny but truly it's what they believe.

This is just stereotypical nonsense. You probably dont live in the south but most if not all the urban cities in the south are largely progressive and blue. The mid west is even more red than the south.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2016
ValerianSteel:
If I may.

What is the reality of today that was not addressed and planned for in the consitution?

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.