Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students (18912 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Into 200L In Foreign Universities With NCE Result / Foreign Universities In Affiliation With Nigerian Institutions. / Nigerian Students Are Record Setters And Breakers In Foreign Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by LordMecuzy(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2014
I don miss front page by whiskers Chai
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by BonaVIta(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2014
But at the end looking @ it from the other angle, some of the most influential icons on earth didn't go the best schools on earth i.e if they even went. More of ur mind.
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by paul288yahoo(m): 8:05am On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by vision2050: 8:06am On Nov 29, 2014
so.?
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 29, 2014
SuperModerator:

shocked

Seun, na them be this, I catch them
See who they catch somebody.dey don catch you too.
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 29, 2014
asodeboyede:
If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built
up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy
tabernacles.
Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold
of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.
Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou
shalt have plenty of silver.
For then shalt thou have thy delight in the
Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.
Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he
shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be
established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon
thy ways.
When men are cast down, then thou shalt say,
There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble
person.
He shall deliver the island of the innocent: and it
is delivered by the pureness of thine hands.

Oh shattap! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Moiking(m): 8:22am On Nov 29, 2014
cheesy Simple proofs u don mad
1. U dey apply perfume because u wan snap pic
2. U no get money 4 hand, nd u dey sing "chop
my money" instead of "mercies of d Lord"
3. At 31, u say Davido and wizkid na ur role
model 4 music.......lol
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by ednut1(m): 8:29am On Nov 29, 2014
after dey chop ur money. they will nt give u job. dem go push u back to nigeria hahahah
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2014
Nobody is feasting on anything, when the nigerian government colludes with its universities to make the lives of its student miserable, what do you expect?

Many parents who send their children out of nigeria for their education are simply doing it out of compulsion because, the expedient infrastructures required for smooth and quality learning are just not available in most nigerian colleges and the few that might have been a viable alternative charge exorbitant fees almost at par with their foreign counterparts who's got a better global recognition and rating.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by henryblaze25(m): 8:34am On Nov 29, 2014
When I Call Nigerian Lecturers rebels, they say am wrong.but if it is time to rebel FG for salary increment they have strength.

Imagine a Nigerian Lecturer telling u, "u should be happy we are suffering u,u just want to take our certificate without suffering" they tend to derive joy in frustrating students.

One Professor in my school, u dare not call her on phone and ask if she will coming to school. According to her come to the office, if am not around wait 4 me and should incase u didn't see me go home and come the next day. Just keep trying till u meet me in d office.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by watchindelta(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2014
I like Nigerians because they no get who to hold responsible since 00000000BC. they only know how to Mourns silently or fighting their selves because of APC n PDP for social network invisible. pretending to form blind from the things that caused them the mourning. fela kute I missssss.... u badly, the only man that making me happy anytime am seeing the evildoers in this country.

Suffer suffer suffer suffer
Suffer for World
Na your fault be that
Me I say na your fault be that
Suffer suffer for World
Them go start to yab themselves
Every day – for house
Every day – for road
Every day – for bus
Every day – for work
My people my people my people
Every day my people inside bus
CHORUS: Suffering and smiling
Forty-nine sitting forty-nine standing
Them go pack themselves in like sardine
Them dey faint, them dey wake like cock
Them go reach house water no dey
Them go reach bed power no dey
Them go reach road go-slow go come
Them go reach road police go slap
Them go reach road army go whip
Them go look pocket money no dey
Every day na the same thing
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by chuksjoe007: 8:36am On Nov 29, 2014
Make them go abeg!! Uni for Naija never do us.. Its a shame a lot of money is being wasted though.
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by chuksjoe007: 8:38am On Nov 29, 2014
ednut1:
after dey chop ur money. they will nt give u job. dem go push u back to nigeria hahahah
na for d school U wan see job??
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by lonelydora: 8:39am On Nov 29, 2014
I am schooling in Otuoke so they no go see my money abroad.
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by bigtt76(f): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2014
From brain drain to head drain..... Naira Don suffer shaaa undecided

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2014
Yea...and majority of them never return to the country when they're done. Why should they return when they have better opportunities out there. The few that comes back are children of politicians and business moguls who are assured of a place in the corrupt corridor of power and comfortable position in their family business. Most times those are naturally the spoilt brats! That's why we have imbec:les running the country.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Appswheel(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2014
One of my lecturers during my university days will say, if you think education is expensive try ignorance. In my own opinion there is nothing like self realization and education so long you know what you want from life go for it no matter how expensive it seem. For those who cannot afford the fees try scholarships for Nigerian students there are a number of scholarships for this purpose.

I have put up and educational portal to provide scholarship opportunities to all Nigerian students and connect them with top abroad study placement agencies. It unfortunate that some bad belle Nairaland administrators are witch hunting my account and educational portal. They will not allow me post the web address here, yet they allow others post links to less valuable content.

The only way to post my web address here is if I do so vertically, and my fears is that the guys witch hunting my acct may be plotting to stop me posting it vertically as well. And they have not given me any reason for this bad belle.

For scholarship, internship information, connect with abroad study agencies visit my eduportal. Type the address to your browser
W
W
W
K
N
O
W
B
A
S
E
C
O
N
S
U
L
T
C
O
M
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by AcidosisMega: 8:50am On Nov 29, 2014
80% of Nigerians are du .mb.

Goodluck is not to be blamed because Nigerians take their ill-gotten & legal wealth abroad to spend on Education, delivery, birthdays and parties.

If you say our universities and hospitals (including reddington, Abuja) are bad; what do you say about those who spend millions on wedding and engagement in Dubai?

Lots of Nigerians travel to Dubai just to engage their girlfriends; the question is - don't we have good and nice places in Nigeria?

Money makes Nigerians go m. ad. Pesin wey dey make less than N20K is already thinking about how to illegally acquire a 2014 Range Rover.

Only the du. mb ones will also blame it on strike (make I hear say Covenant, American University of Nig & Pan African Uni also embark on strike..)

Thunder fire whoever blames Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for this.

Do not blame your President; his kids school in Abuja!

Blame it on your Deteriorating brains and inferiority complex that has depleted and still depleting the brains of your employers who prefer a Togolese Bachelors degree to OAU-Bsc.

Blame it on your idi. otic lecturers who curse their students; blame it on your parents who feel other Nigerian students are dirty, smelly and bad.

Foreign Unis will keep feasting on you all till black people with black brains fade away from this earth

#Goodluck till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Rolandonyi: 8:55am On Nov 29, 2014
Why would they not when their parents have stolen our collective wealth such that our universities are now glorified secondary schools if at all they can measure up to the standards of some secondary schools so no option than to send them abroad where their humane leaders have used their collective wealth for the well being of everybody.
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by yaskarahyelhope(f): 8:55am On Nov 29, 2014
Its d lazy Nigerian students who wants to be feasted upon. Pray for Naija and obtain even if its ya 1st degree. Then U can proceed to further. Oyibo lectures Na lazy ones. Na just d technological bruohaha dem dey use, dey deceive Naija fikinses. If I catch myself for oyibo land. By then I for don tire to crack my brain for book. I go just go sidon dey took komfuta!
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by ttmacoy: 9:00am On Nov 29, 2014
One of my main concerns with this trend is the fact that the universities coming to Nigeria to advertise and chase students are NOT high ranking universities with good reputations.

As I tell people who come to me for advice on picking universities in the UK, if the university has to advertise and chase students, or if they cannot fill their places locally and have to go through clearing even for British students then as an international you will find it hard to get into good companies in the UK post graduation especially now where there is no post study worker visa and you need a company to sponsor you.

I find it interesting that you look at top universities in the UK and the nigerian population is small from say 1 admit a year at the likes of Oxford to a few more at the tier 2 universities, but nigerian make up nearly half of the population at schools like London met, East London uni, South bank etc.

Look at China, they use foreign universities to train their best and brightest that's why you will see high population of Chinese students at the likes of lse etc, for Nigeria it's more our of desperation and maybe a fad. Shame cus you go to uk or us student visa forums here on nairaland and everyone is asking which school is cheap, which doesn't ask for toefl or gmat etc. Looking for the cheapest and easiest to get into. Well if it's cheap and easy to get into them expect nothing special.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 29, 2014
harrwix:
Even with our oil wealth we still do not have a university that is marketable to the world....smh for this country where absolutely nothing works

Soon our brothers will be going to Niger Republic for "quality" education
A country of 170million exporting 3million barrels per day at peak levels,while saudi-arabia a country of 8million exports 10milion barrels of oil per day.
Oil wealth indeed.
Nigeria's oil should be left for the niger-delta states just like what obtains in the US.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Dammysmart: 9:26am On Nov 29, 2014
all I knw is my first degree must be from this country. then I may consider UK. Nigeria I hail.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Babysho(m): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2014
harrwix:
Even with our oil wealth we still do not have a university that is marketable to the world....smh for this country where absolutely nothing works

"Soon"?...my cousin is studying there
Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nihilist: 9:37am On Nov 29, 2014
Sorry, what is University?

I school in Abule-Egba, and we don't have such things here

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 29, 2014
Babysho:

"Soon"?...my cousin is studying there
Your cousin must be a world class dunce to study in Niger-republic.
Which school is worth going there.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by anonimi: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2014
harrwix:

Perhaps that is why Arewa People's Congress, APC presidential candidate, Kwankwanso used N 1 billion to build a school in Niger Republic shocked

Money from Niger Delta oil revenue abi na from groundnut pyramids ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by Mbediogu(m): 10:19am On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=ozo13 post=28436199] grin am there.thank u Mr seun.thank u etisalat ultraspeed browsing network.back to d mata, if I have my chance I will put in for a diploma or a master program in any of the reputable university in Europe.preferably d John Hopkins grin.thank u Mr seun.morning fellow nairalanders.one love.

John Hopkins in Europe? Ok. Baltimore, Maryland, also in Europe. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by MsNas(f): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2014
yaskarahyelhope:
Its d lazy Nigerian students who wants to be feasted upon. Pray for Naija and obtain even if its ya 1st degree. Then U can proceed to further. Oyibo lectures Na lazy ones. Na just d technological bruohaha dem dey use dey deceive Naija fikinses. If I catch myself for oyibo land. By then I for don tire to crack my brain for book. I go just go sidon dey took komfuta!
Lol, Says who?

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Universities Feast On Nigerian Students by eduxerxes: 11:27am On Nov 29, 2014
phantonce:
What do you expect?
This is just like a case of man who can't satisfy his wife.
Na brother ogbonna,his landlord son go dey help am service him wife.

If you don't put your house in order,someone go to do it for you.

by the way,is it that we don't have enough university or we just dnt like studying in our country cos the last time I checked,private university plenty for naija.
Yes my brother. The uni where I currently work as an admissions liaison officer (PAUL university Awka) is direly in need of students. So do many other private universities...I keep wondering, whats the reason for the apathy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Wins Queen Of Africa Students In Russia / OAU: 10 Reasons It Is The Best Nigerian University / Teachers Without Professional Certificates To Go By Dec — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.