Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. (1038 Views)

17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria / Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. by kilokeys(m): 8:42am On Nov 29, 2014
A 54 year old Chinese businessman Xiong Shuihua did something amazing for the community where he grew up in Xinyu, Southern China. He paid to bulldoze all the wooden huts in the area then spent millions replacing them with an estate of luxury flats for the residents.

In total, he housed 72 families to repay them for their kindness towards him while he was growing up. He's also giving villas costing about £4m pounds to another 18 families who were particularly kind to him. In addition, elderly and low paid residents will also be given three meals a day for free.

in naija.. when u become rich.. ur sweet uncles and aunties become wizards and witches

then former friends in d hood turn haterz..

am i wrong? cry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. by chineloSA(f): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2014
shocked God bless this man.

4 Likes

Re: Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. by Wendy80(f): 9:57am On Nov 29, 2014
^^
Real good
Re: Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. by EfemenaXY: 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
kilokeys:
A 54 year old Chinese businessman Xiong Shuihua did something amazing for the community where he grew up in Xinyu, Southern China. He paid to bulldoze all the wooden huts in the area then spent millions replacing them with an estate of luxury flats for the residents.

In total, he housed 72 families to repay them for their kindness towards him while he was growing up. He's also giving villas costing about £4m pounds to another 18 families who were particularly kind to him. In addition, elderly and low paid residents will also be given three meals a day for free.

in naija.. when u become rich.. ur sweet uncles and aunties become wizards and witches

then former friends in d hood turn haterz..

am i wrong? cry

Yes, you're wrong. You assumptions are way too generalistic and do not apply to everyone.

The story says the people he's helped and still plans to help are those who showed him particular acts of kindness. Note the keyword there, "Particular". What ever they did for him way back during his growing up years must have struck a chord somewhere deep within him to the extent that he never forgot them.

Humans respond to kindness. No matter who you are or where you come from, if you touch someone's life with an act of kindness that they never forget you even after decades, there's no way they'll see you as a hell-bent, soul-destroying witch or wizard.

Just because a person is one's aunt or uncle doesn't automatically transform them to an angel of goodness. Kindness is not reserved for only family members. In the same vein, wickedness is not the exclusive preserve of strangers. It's common knowledge that family members can be more wicked than the devil himself.

1 Like

Re: Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. by corisande: 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
wow!
I'm so touched
Re: Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. by miredia(m): 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
A good heart indeed.
Re: Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. by phabulous88(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2014
Kai! This man stole this idea from me. Anyways I'm not deterred, let my village in Anambra State be ready because I'm coming to demolish all their houses and put up new magnificent structures. Hopefully, they'll make me their Igwe and give me their daughters grin grin
Re: Rich Man Builds Free Luxury Flats For Poor In Town Where He Grew Up. by tpiah2: 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
so what are you saying @ op.

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read For Every Husband Or Intending Husband...... / What Were The Funny Names You Gave To Things While Growing Up? / Ikedi Ohakim Celebrates First Grandson One Year Birthday In Monaco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.