Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank (13198 Views)

Alibaba’s Wife Appointed MD Of Enterprise Bank / Heritage Bank To Acquire Enterprise Bank / Qatar National Bank Acquires $200 Million Stake In Ecobank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by tosyne2much(m): 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
donmalcolm21:
please do the needful asap, Vivacious your guy has come to pick you up.

Don't tell me you have bin watching every of our moves wink
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by ijbeauty(f): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
vivaciousvivi:
Wow, Heritage bank is just about a year old no be so?
And this Enterprise bank, were they not the former Skye?
Our banking industry is still definitely in a state of evolution but I guess its for good as better consolidations brings about more stability especially with the continued impact of globalization in the financial services industry.

Nope dearie, it use to be SPRING bank not Skye bank......
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by DaimlerBen(m): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
My papa money just follow that SGBN vanish. Ngwanu, Heritage, give my papa him money, for wia? Come to Asaba, we did, money no comot. "Go to Lagos! Go to PH! Go to Benin ..." Which kain "turning-around" be this?
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by chucs: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
Thank God for this wonderful development because currently the bank is crap..rare alert massages,no monthly account statement not even to talk of new moth messages...They don't send birthday massages, no Easter,xmas and new year massages..I was thinking of changing it as my salary account before I stumbled on this wonderful news..I hope the takeover will bring the needed changes!

1 Like

Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by Isk(f): 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
iv4fb:
An Ant swallows a rat.... Wish that makes sense, but it don't. A few months ago, Access acquired Intercontinental that was much bigger than itself.
The difference between heritage and enterprise isn't so much that Heritage won't be able to handle it. Can't say I'm surprised that Enterprise was acquired. It's been a long time coming.

Kudos to Heritage.
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by davide470(m): 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
iv4fb:
An Ant swallows a rat.... Wish that makes sense, but it don't. A few months ago, Access acquired Intercontinental that was much bigger than itself.
I really don't know how you measure your size of "Ant" and "Rat", but based on present capitalization, Heritage Bank is way higher than Enterprise.. Note, also, HB offers Zero COT!!
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by davide470(m): 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
vivaciousvivi:
Wow, Heritage bank is just about a year old no be so?
And this Enterprise bank, were they not the former Skye?
No, Ma'am, they were the former Spring Bank. Skye is very much around, they even bought Mainstreet Bank
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by Jason2014(m): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
A good step in the right direction.

Few more banks to be acquired or better yet will merge come 2015. There's a lot of internal bleeding being experienced currently by the banks
and it is just right one begins to put his/her ears to the ground for inside scoop.

Was discussing with a banker friend of mine sometime back who comprehensively analysed what is going on in the banking sector and thus hinted at the likely things to happen next year 2015 ( won't disclose that now).

The bottomline is that few are going to give way and the "last men" will be standing. I'm hearing that Union Bank is to be taken over soon (i don't know how far it is true).

Banks that keep reporting interests on non-performing loans after 120days are signs of banks that might go under.
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
davide470:
I really don't know how you measure your size of "Ant" and "Rat", but based on present capitalization, Heritage Bank is way higher than Enterprise.. Note, also, HB offers Zero COT!!

So zero COT has any contribution to capitalization? You are not privy to the details of the transaction so forget it. There was more to the deal than available to the press.
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Isk:
The difference between heritage and enterprise isn't so much that Heritage won't be able to handle it. Can't say I'm surprised that Enterprise was acquired. It's been a long time coming.

Kudos to Heritage.

Of course they'll handle it, but that was not my point
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by davide470(m): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
iv4fb:

So zero COT has any contribution to capitalization? You are not privy to the details if the transaction so forget it. There was more to the deal than available to the press.
Really.. You don't say. undecided
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by Ijaya123: 5:32am On Nov 30, 2014
overboard:

Toh! You sef know say there's more to it than meets the 'ears' as we no 'see'.

Also as at the time of acquisition, Access Bank was indebted to Intercintinental Bank to the tune of N15 billion. You can see that there is more more to it than meet the eyes.
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:41am On Nov 30, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Enterprise bank is formerly Skye bank? Tosyne2much one of your girls has escaped from romance section to give false information in Business section, Mods plss move her back to romance and sexuality section asap

Ur snail brain obviously missed my question mark in that sentence. That is assuming u know what a question mark is! undecided
False info my behind
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by tosyne2much(m): 8:43am On Nov 30, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

Ur snail brain obviously missed my question mark in that sentence. That is assuming u know what a question mark is! undecided
False info my behind

Pls take it easy Vivi
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by overboard(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
arsetalks:
Thanks.

The name has nothing to do with what you have in mind. It is Arsenal and I own a site arsetalks.com

Shoot! My bad about the name. Now I understand.
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by overboard(m): 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ijaya123:

Also as at the time of acquisition, Access Bank was indebted to Intercintinental Bank to the tune of N15 billion. You can see that there is more more to it than meet the eyes.

Your head dey dere. Didn't want those words to come out of my own mouth. Guess it's basically public yet non-admitted, knowledge that part of the same crew that brought about HB are heavily complicit in the transaction of a tilapia swallowing white whale? God dey.
Re: Heritage Bank Acquires Enterprise Bank by nkemzzy: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
Heritage taking over Enterprise bank is a good for the both heritage will now be national bank while staff of EBL will automatically retain their position unlike what happened during de take over if intercontinental bank. Also I think they will also pay off the staff of EBL too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Business Can Someone Start With #100,000 / Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves / I Want To Give 100k To Those Who Are Really Hungry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.