Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Prometheus Vs Lucy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prometheus Vs Lucy (1826 Views)

Prometheus Has Probably Converted Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
For those who's watched the two movies,which one gave a better insight?
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
insight into?

1 Like

Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 8:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
goofyone:
insight into?
Origin of man!!
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
philfearon:

Origin of man!!
Lucy didn't really discuss the Origin of Man, did it?

The Prometheus story though, that's something a lot of people have put forward over the past decades. But really don't sound very likely to me. Else we should have continued to hear from "these masters". Or why else would they create a civilization and then make a run for it?
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Sanchez01: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
I respect Lucy more as it shows the cognitive power of the human system. I believe the movie explains why using beyond 10% of the brain could be disastrous.

1 Like

Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
goofyone:

Lucy didn't really discuss the Origin of Man, did it?

The Prometheus story though, that's something a lot of people have put forward over the past decades. But really don't sound very likely to me. Else we should have continued to hear from "these masters". Or why else would they create a civilization and then make a run for it?
Both of them stated that life as we know it started as a single cell.......
But the Prometheus story has a lot of under meanings than meet the eye..Don't you think so?
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sanchez01:
I respect Lucy more as it shows the cognitive power of the human system. I believe the movie explains why using beyond 10% of the brain could be disastrous.
But,this is myth....There is no scientific proof for it...So,why were they making it obvious in the movie?
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Sanchez01: 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
philfearon:

But,this is myth....There is no scientific proof for it...So,why were they making it obvious in the movie?
True, the protagonist's act was a bit unbelievable but I believe the whole idea of the movie is to demostrate how powerful the human brain is.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sanchez01:

True, the protagonist's act was a bit unbelievable but I believe the whole idea of the movie is to demostrate how powerful the human brain is.
Exactly,Which is also what the name "Prometheus" stands for......Attaining such height as Lucy did is equal to Performing the Magnum Opus(Becoming a God)..So did the life of our supposed creators start as a single cell too?
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
philfearon:

Exactly,Which is also what the name "Prometheus" stands for......Attaining such height as Lucy did is equal to Performing the Magnum Opus(Becoming a God)..So did the life of our supposed creators start as a single cell too?

Life could only have started as a single cell. Nothing complex comes into being by itself. It can only have come from simple leaps which culminate into a complex being.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by acenazt: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Prometheus Just rubbished religion. it showed how that Engineer Sacrificed Him self to create new life the same concept other religions like Christianity Have talked about.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
philfearon:

Both of them stated that life as we know it started as a single cell.......
But the Prometheus story has a lot of under meanings than meet the eye..Don't you think so?
Under meanings such as?

I think the Prometheus story sounds better reasonable. Whatever the case, even the Lucy story is advancing a life-form far superior to humans (aliens?), which in some way brings both stories to the same focal point.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Sanchez01: 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
philfearon:

You're on point. However, I have no answer as to the origin and the life of our supposed creators starting as a single cell. Lucy is really insightive.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
goofyone:

Life could only have started as a single cell. Nothing complex comes into being by itself. It can only have come from simple leaps which culminate into a complex being.
Care about explaining that?
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
acenazt:
Prometheus Just rubbished religion. it showed how that Engineer Sacrificed Him self to create new life the same concept other religions like Christianity Have talked about.
True...It sh*ts on Christianity and other like religion...But do you believe the "engineer stuff?"
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
goofyone:

Under meanings such as?

I think the Prometheus story sounds better reasonable. Whatever the case, even the Lucy story is advancing a life-form far superior to humans (aliens?), which in some way brings both stories to the same focal point.
That something begets something for instance..(The Engineers death begets human creation)......
For all that I can reason out,The single cell could have formed anything..Are the implying that everything on earth today came from a particular single cell?
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sanchez01:
You're on point. However, I have no answer as to the origin and the life of our supposed creators starting as a single cell. Lucy is really insightive.
Truth bro....
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by acenazt: 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
philfearon:

True...It sh*ts on Christianity and other like religion...But do you believe the "engineer stuff?"
not the alien stuff but I now belief no religion is Genuine. before the bible talked about the great flood,The Babylonians, had a similar Story in the Epic of Gilgamesh. the Chaldeans,Akkadeans,Ancient Greeks,Sanskrit religion in the Indus valley thousands of years before Bhudhism,all had similar stories of a great flood that cleared the world and all these religions and civilizations predates CHRISTIANITY and JEWS.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
acenazt:
not the alien stuff but I now belief no religion is Genuine. before the bible talked about the great flood,The Babylonians, had a similar Story in the Epic of Gilgamesh. the Chaldeans,Akkadeans,Ancient Greeks,Sanskrit religion in the Indus valley thousands of years before Bhudhism,all had similar stories of a great flood that cleared the world and all these religions and civilizations predates CHRISTIANITY and JEWS.
A million likes for you bro....Religion is pure farce,and nothing but an impediment to the two great questions:
1)Where do we come from?
2)Why are we here...
Religion is just there to make people not reason and be dumb logically!!
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by acenazt: 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
philfearon:

A million likes for you bro....Religion is pure farce,and nothing but an impediment to the two great questions:
1)Where do we come from?
2)Why are we here...
Religion is just there to make people not reason and be dumb logically!!
On Spot. I try to live my life the best I can,being good and all. I believe ur world ends the day u cease to breathe and after that,I don't want to know.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by tpiah2: 12:32am On Nov 30, 2014
nairaland should start some kind of streaming or download business so people can watch movies directly on/from the site.

just thinking out loud, i feel its an untapped area.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 30, 2014
philfearon:

Care about explaining that?

What I mean here is very reasonable. Just claiming that nothing complex arrives complex. A Dell Latitude didn't happen as a Dell latitude. Instead, it started as Babbage's computer and then Turing's, IBM's, Apple's, developing all along from a gigantic mass of vaccum tubes to an assemblage of large semiconductors, and then finally into tiny microchips. This is how things happen, usually.

So, life can only have come from a cell. A cell which eventually developed into the "complex" homo sapien we see today; and who, expectedly, will metamorphose into an even more complex being.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Gudiza(m): 2:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2014
goofyone:

What I mean here is very reasonable. Just claiming that nothing complex arrives complex. A Dell Latitude didn't happen as a Dell latitude. Instead, it started as Babbage's computer and then Turing's, IBM's, Apple's, developing all along from a gigantic mass of vaccum tubes to an assemblage of large semiconductors, and then finally into tiny microchips. This is how things happen, usually.

So, life can only have come from a cell. A cell which eventually developed into the "complex" homo sapien we see today; and who, expectedly, will metamorphose into an even more complex being.
You are not acknowledging the fact that The single Cell couldn't have just transformed orexisted in its present form without help(Just like your Dell Latitude)..
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 7:59am On Nov 30, 2014
acenazt:
On Spot. I try to live my life the best I can,being good and all. I believe ur world ends the day u cease to breathe and after that,I don't want to know.
Lol.....I could have said same of me,but not any longer!!
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:02am On Nov 30, 2014
One word.

INTERSTELLAR cool
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 10:11am On Nov 30, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:
One word.

INTERSTELLAR cool
?
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
philfearon:

?

Go and watch the movie; interstellar.

Then come back and thank me for showing you a superior movie (compared to Lucy and Prometheus)
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by philfearon(m): 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

Go and watch the movie; interstellar.

Then come back and thank me for showing you a superior movie (compared to Lucy and Prometheus)
That's kul....Have seen it,but not watched it though....
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by davien(m): 10:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lucy is good...but the amount of myth posed as "fact" in the movie is just ridiculous...from the 10% brain myth...to morgan freeman and his comment "if the environment isn't favourable, the cell would choose immortality"
Prometheus isn't far fetched....although in reality it just shifts the question to where the engineers came from.
Re: Prometheus Vs Lucy by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 02, 2014
davien:
Lucy is good...but the amount of myth posed as "fact" in the movie is just ridiculous...from the 10% brain myth...to morgan freeman and his comment "if the environment isn't favourable, the cell would choose immortality"
Prometheus isn't far fetched....although in reality it just shifts the question to where the engineers came from.

I thought I was the only one who found that comment escapist. The guy just filled in the sentence because of lack of something to add.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It Is An Abomination For Divorcees To Remarry. / Islam Is Dying / Suffer Suffer For World, Enjoy For Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.