Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

How Well Do You Know An Ignition Switch? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Well Do You Know An Ignition Switch? (1011 Views)

Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) / My Car Key Won't Enter Ignition / Help: My Alarm Works Intermittently: Something With The Ignition Switch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know An Ignition Switch? by automedicsnig: 8:24am On Nov 30, 2014
The ignition switch, located on the steering column or in the dashboard, takes the power from the battery and directs it to all the accessories and electrical components of your car. It also transfers the power to the starter when you turn the ignition key.
An ignition switch has four positions which transforms into making a car to move:
OFF Or LOCK position; Turns off power to the engine and electrical accessories

ACC - Accessory position that provides power to electrical accessories only, not the engine.

RUN - The "ON" position that provides power to the engine and electrical accessories. The switch must be in this position for the engine to run and for the vehicle to be driven.

START - Used only to start the engine.....
http://automedicsafrica.com/well-know-ignition-switch/
Before you click the link please share with your friends.

Re: How Well Do You Know An Ignition Switch? by row2ray(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2014
What's the possibility of converting a regular key ignition to a button ignition

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Wrongly Inflated Tyres Can Severely Reduce Your Fuel Economy / As Seen On Lagos/ibadan Express-way / How Can I Get Back My 4 Years Old Moniker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.