Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,767 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? (9972 Views)

I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? / Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). / Effect of Eggs on Our Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 12, 2014
3kay945:

You're right, I was there last week. I nearly turn black before I run back to Lagos. Lagos is a learner beside Ondo sun.

I bought paracetamol because whenever I come back from work, I find out that I have headache. This sun is really dangerous
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 12, 2014
Its almost dry season so y are people complaining? Shey make sun no shine again ni
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by guyX(m): 5:44am On Dec 12, 2014
Well, it doesn't seem like anybody's bothered about the end of the world.
It's quite good 'cause we'll die in total ignorance.
This month only there have been solar flares of incredibly high magnitude (correct me if I'm wrong).
Can't get the exact date but between this week and next week, there will be even higher magnitude of solar flares.
Still don't understand what solar flares mean?
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/spaceweather/index.html#q3
Don't be afraid or anything 'cause God in His infinite wisdom gave us protection against this flares but if the magnitude were overwhelmingly high, we will all die!
As in ASHES!
We will return to the precambrian era.
So forgive if I'm pissed not much people are this serious.
Anyhu, not that I'm afraid of dying or anything, but...
Effect from this solar flare are
1. A possible destruction of every electromagnetic device(pls correct me if I'm wrong).
which means phones, transformers, TV, laptops etc will be destroyed.
God help us NASA is write and it's not too bad but if they are lying or just trying to pacify billions of ignoramuses like you and me?
My advice, if this two weeks were your last, how would you spend it?
This is not a HOAX.
This is not a DRILL.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by iamord(m): 6:05am On Dec 12, 2014
Its plainly 3 things- the effect of global warming. Poor urban and housing planning PHCN. But I tell you if the streets housing were better planned and built In line. With ecological factors. You won't feel this heat . Sometimes you won't even need to turn on a cooling system cos of the cool breeze coming in
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by holysaint1(m): 6:06am On Dec 12, 2014
ichidodo:
The south westerlies (rain wind) have been swept down past the equator by the harmattan thereby leaving the sky bereft of thick cumulonimbus clouds which has a cooling effect via deflection of solar insolation or sun rays...luckily enough for us,we are at the winter solstice (early day/early night) where the path of the sun across our skies is very short thereby sparing us extended period of heatwave even though the harmattan season is here...

so therefore sad
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by iamord(m): 6:09am On Dec 12, 2014
guyX:
Well, it doesn't seem like anybody's bothered about the end of the world.
It's quite good 'cause we'll die in total ignorance.
This month only there have been solar flares of incredibly high magnitude (correct me if I'm wrong).
Can't get the exact date but between this week and next week, there will be even higher magnitude of solar flares.
Still don't understand what solar flares mean?
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/spaceweather/index.html#q3
Don't be afraid or anything 'cause God in His infinite wisdom gave us protection against this flares but if the magnitude were overwhelmingly high, we will all die!
As in ASHES!
We will return to the precambrian era.
So forgive if I'm pissed not much people are this serious.
Anyhu, not that I'm afraid of dying or anything, but...
Effect from this solar flare are
1. A possible destruction of every electromagnetic device(pls correct me if I'm wrong).
which means phones, transformers, TV, laptops etc will be destroyed.
God help us NASA is write and it's not too bad but if they are lying or just trying to pacify billions of ignoramuses like you and me?
My advice, if this two weeks were your last, how would you spend it?
This is not a HOAX.
This is not a DRILL.
oga ..!! Dubai built a city in a desert that has been hotter than any zone in nigeria and barren land and yet they are doing very well... And lot of people are now running to the desert for a drink .. You on the other hand are living in a lush vegetation and can say this That's actually enough to be the end of the world.. The death of your reasoning.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by haibe(m): 6:12am On Dec 12, 2014
I thought I was the only one that noticed the heat. Well it's not just a Lagos thing as I read a scientific article saying this year may be the hottest after 1998.

http://climatecrocks.com/2014/09/22/2014-on-track-for-warmest-year-ever/

Well I don't feel much of the heat now since am usually at home 24/7, mostly in an air conditioned room. But back then in school, I just avoided wearing thick clothes, I had no choice about going out as I had lectures and exams.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Deiok(m): 6:27am On Dec 12, 2014
Lagos state state ke.. Come edo state come see sun fire. The heat over here can suck up the sweat in ur body within an hour.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by iamord(m): 6:30am On Dec 12, 2014
I just have a few questions. How many low to middle income houses have gardens and trees in their houses even high income?? When last did you see trees for shade on road pavement?? What's the proximity of your house building to that of your neighbor? What street lining system is your street using. Are structures in your area created as the need be or follow a purposeful plan? Is there an urban plan for the area. Particularly the mainland?? When you answer that you will know if you will have a hot future or not. I see people celebrating eko atlantic city. People that might never step their foot into that place. We need to start building. Sustainable eco friendly cities. Go green.. The likes of innoson and other indigenous car makers should work on hybrid cars and government should implement policies. To get the carbon Emissions To be reduced to the minimal.. To all those talking about sign of end of the world and heaven .. You are so narrow minded.. You have spoilt earth and your inferior minds can't work on how to repair it and make it a better place. Instead you want to run to heaven. The same way u care for earth Is the same way you will care for heaven. If I were God I will bounce you out.. we also need to stop this behavior of always being the consuming party and corrupt attitude . You see nasa and co exploring deep space .. They ain't playing!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 12, 2014
It has always been like this, or worse.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by wiloy2k8(m): 6:42am On Dec 12, 2014
i don get heat rash already .
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Olaone1: 7:02am On Dec 12, 2014
undecided
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 12, 2014
ichidodo:
The south westerlies (rain wind) have been swept down past the equator by the harmattan thereby leaving the sky bereft of thick cumulonimbus clouds which has a cooling effect via deflection of solar insolation or sun rays...luckily enough for us,we are at the winter solstice (early day/early night) where the path of the sun across our skies is very short thereby sparing us extended period of heatwave even though the harmattan season is here...

This used to be harmattan season in those late 80s & early 90s, where is there no more harmattan in Lagos? This is Christmas season!
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Horlufemi(m): 7:24am On Dec 12, 2014
ichidodo:

True

This happens twice yearly when we are moving into harmattan season from rainy season or vice versa. The reach of the rain wind moist and cool stays near the equator snd it carries rain. Since we have moved from the equator to the north we will enter a region that I call (static region) btw the rain winds and harmattan winds. There's not much wind flow in that region hence the heat wave. The heat wave will soon pass but it will cone again before the rainy season starts again. Haven't you noticed that the people from the north are not complaining because the harmattan winds are reaching them a bit. We will soon enter the region of the harmattan winds. Avoid the direct sun if u can. Calm down y'all. I've been following this trend for 11years now. I hope u all get it now. You just have to be observant.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ichidodo: 7:35am On Dec 12, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

This used to be harmattan season in those late 80s & early 90s, where is there no more harmattan in Lagos? This is Christmas season!
I believe climate change has a hand in that...
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by anukulapo: 8:04am On Dec 12, 2014
...But there is "global harmattan" here in abuja. LOL

Lagosians,change your way.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by FATBAYO(m): 8:30am On Dec 12, 2014
ITS YEARLY OCCURENCE ,HAMMATHAN N SOM PARTS OF D COUNTRY.
SHOWER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ND APPLY BODY SPRAY
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by topearos(m): 9:05am On Dec 12, 2014
The heat is not much in my area in France though.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by omololu2020(m): 9:25am On Dec 12, 2014
Harmatan no dey lagos again.nah so so heat all d tym
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by shafanik: 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
EFFECTS OF BOMBINGS IN THE NORTH. SIMPLE angry
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by shafanik: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2014
Too much bombings in the North has transferred heat to Lagos. grin
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by shafanik: 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2014
It is called the FIRST PRINCIPLE OF THERMO DYNAMICS.

which states that:
Heat caused by bombings will move from a region of Higher concentration (in the Northern Region) to lower concentration (the South-west region) while the Boko Haram factor remains constant.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by thrizzle(m): 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Drsheddy:
Port Harcourt own na die
I dey tell you, the sun in PH is killing remain small I go soon turn black
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
heat ke? Harmattan don start 4 here o.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
The sun is just 3much,I av headache everyday it goes directly into my skull,wearing cloth makes it worse

It rained heavily in sagam yesterday but I was told no rain in december,harmattan should av started now still nothing...only this scorching sun

End time things cool
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by cupidhero(m): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2014
shokky24:
The sun is just 3much,I av headache everyday it goes directly into my skull,wearing cloth makes it worse

It rained heavily in sagam yesterday but I was told no rain in december,harmattan should av started now still nothing...only this scorching sun

End time things cool

End time things? would you have preffered a heavy rainfall leading to flood? Thank God for the sun while praying. cool
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by 4q: 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hell is leaking heat seriously.

1 Like

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by promise2020(m): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
no oo Ozone layer depletion explains it more, its as a result of mans activity on his environment..
nothing like end time. our children will suffer more if nothing is done to conserve our environment. if one man can plant a tree that can be a 1st step to correct what have being done, and discourage indiscriminate cutting cut of trees, before we start talking of our heavy industries that stil uses fusel fuel as their major source of power thereby boring excess carbon into our environment
ikeno:
With the intensity of the heat now,its like the earth is getting closer to the sun.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ikeno(m): 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
promise2020:
no oo Ozone layer depletion explains it more, its as a result of mans activity on his environment..
nothing like end time. our children will suffer more if nothing is done to conserve our environment. if one man can plant a tree that can be a 1st step to correct what have being done, and discourage indiscriminate cutting cut of trees, before we start talking of our heavy industries that stil uses fusel fuel as their major source of power thereby boring excess carbon into our environment
Planting of trees and stopping pollution by industries will really go a long way in helping the ozone layer to replenish itself.trees are fallen by the thousands in the amazon,industries are getting bigger and numerous.just hope the world leaders will found a solution before we destroy our the world ourself.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by martin92(m): 11:05pm On Dec 14, 2014
ya

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Migrate To The UK As A Nurse. / Gas Cylinders Should Be Checked Every 14 Months - Safety Professionals / Don't Buy Veet Gold Face Cream Until You Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.