Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. (1257 Views)

10 Things Muslims Don't Want 'Infidels' Knowing About Islam / Jesus Vs Mohammed / Jesus Vs The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by Alexk2(m): 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Knowing Jesus vs Knowing about Jesus.

Today so many people know about Jesus-that is, we all know some facts about Him, celeberate Christmass and Easther, attend church regularly and even commit bible verses to memory, but a good percentage of people have never allowed the facts to become their personal reality.

We now easily substitute religion for a real relationship with Jesus. We can appreciate the facts of Jesus' death and resurrection, but until we have made Him our Lord, the fact do us no good.

There is a difference between intellectual assent/head knowledge and saving faith. Knowing Jesus means; we have accepted His sacrifice on our behalf(2 cor. 5:21), We ask Him to be the Lord of our lives, we identify with Him in His death and consider our old selves to have died with Him(col. 3:3); it also means we accept His forgiveness and cleansing from sin and seek to know Him in intimate fellowship through His Holy Spirit.

Don't be caught up in religious and doctrinal knowlege, choose to know Him intimately today by accepting Him as your Lord and personal saviour and let Him pilot the affiars of your life through the working of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by podosci(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Alexk2:

Today so many people know about Jesus-that is, we all know some facts about Him, celeberate Christmass and Easther, attend church regularly and even commit bible verses to memory, but a good percentage of people have never allowed the facts to become their personal reality.

We now easily substitute religion for a real relationship with Jesus. We can appreciate the facts of Jesus' death and resurrection, but until we have made Him our Lord, the fact do us no good.

There is a difference between intellectual assent/head knowledge and saving faith. Knowing Jesus means; we have accepted His sacrifice on our behalf(2 cor. 5:21), We ask Him to be the Lord of our lives, we identify with Him in His death and consider our old selves to have died with Him(col. 3:3); it also means we accept His forgiveness and cleansing from sin and seek to know Him in intimate fellowship through His Holy Spirit.

Don't be caught up in religious and doctrinal knowlege, choose to know Him intimately today by accepting Him as your Lord and personal saviour and let Him pilot the affiars of your life through the working of the Holy Spirit.
This is Ridiculous......No man alive and born of this century can know Jesus, you can only know about him,,,,i mean no disrespect, jst pointing out the obvious

1 Like

Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by yuncka: 5:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
podosci:

This is Ridiculous......No man alive and born of this century can know Jesus, you can only know about him,,,,i mean no disrespect, jst pointing out the obvious

this is ridiculous, dat U dnt know him personally doesnt mean no one can know him,,,,i mean no disrespect. Seek him and U wil find him.
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by Jackeeh(m): 5:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Alexk2:

Good one bro.
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by Alexk2(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
podosci:
This is Ridiculous......No man alive and born of this century can know
Jesus, you can only know about him,,,,i mean no disrespect, jst pointing
out the obvious

interating with the pharisees, Jesus made this interesting statement.."You do not know me or my Father.... If you knew me, you would know my Father also..John. 8:19....they seems not to understand what He was explaining because they never 'know Him'...why do you think Jesus would say they didnt know Him while chating with them LIVE? the answer is not far fetched; knowing Jesus supass the surface level of been religious and knowing the laws like the pharisees.

Knowing Him for real mean U've given ur life over to Him and He is you Lord. it means you died(your 'self') with Him and the very life you are now living is that of Christ living in U..Col. 3:3. It also mean the Holy Spirit is your driving force and not flesh or self...it means you are carrying your cross daily and following Jesus . (Luke 9:23).

bro., you can and should know Him personally because that is the only guarantee for flight @ rapture.
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by podosci(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
yuncka:

this is ridiculous, dat U dnt know him personally doesnt mean no one can know him,,,,i mean no disrespect. Seek him and U wil find him.
hmmm....Jezuz is dead and according to christian methology, he is in heaven,,,,,,,,i dont have plans to die now,,,so mayb later when am dead,,i would seek him out
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by podosci(m): 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
Alexk2:

interating with the pharisees, Jesus made this interesting statement.."You do not know me or my Father.... If you knew me, you would know my Father also..John. 8:19....they seems not to understand what He was explaining because they never 'know Him'...why do you think Jesus would say they didnt know Him while chating with them LIVE? the answer is not far fetched; knowing Jesus supass the surface level of been religious and knowing the laws like the pharisees.

Knowing Him for real mean U've given ur life over to Him and He is you Lord. it means you died(your 'self') with Him and the very life you are now living is that of Christ living in U..Col. 3:3. It also mean the Holy Spirit is your driving force and not flesh or self...it means you are carrying your cross daily and following Jesus . (Luke 9:23).

bro., you can and should know Him personally because that is the only guarantee for flight @ rapture.

please during the rapture that would happn on earth,,,,,what woulf happen to those on the international space station in outer space,, since the are not on earth would they also be affected?
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by yuncka: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
podosci:

hmmm....Jezuz is dead and according to christian methology, he is in heaven,,,,,,,,i dont have plans to die now,,,so mayb later when am dead,,i would seek him out

now I know why U r sounding lyk dis. U ar nt a christian. Pls d question is for christians. Thanks.
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by Alexk2(m): 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
hope you now knw the difference btw knowing Him and just playing around?

podosci:
please during the rapture that would happn on earth,,,,,what woulf
happen to those on the international space station in outer space,,
since the are not on earth would they also be affected?

who said the rapture will happen on earth?.....btw., the rapture will certainly affect all humans, both death and living.
there will be no hiding place for anyone.
pls., stop derailing the thread.
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by Alexk2(m): 7:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
if you don't know something, ask....there is Christian that'll tell you that.

podosci:
hmmm....Jezuz is dead and according to christian methology, he is in
heaven,,,,,,,,i dont have plans to die now,,,so mayb later when am
dead,,i would seek him out
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by podosci(m): 9:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
Alexk2:

who said the rapture will happen on earth?.....btw., the rapture will certainly affect all humans, both death and living.
The bible said the rapture would happen on earth.....and the rapture didnt mention anything like galaxies or mars or venus
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by Boss13: 8:20am On Dec 07, 2014
yuncka:

I like this - seek him and you shall find him. You are correct OP. But you maybe shocked that Jesus will condemn this born again philosophy being preached today
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by Boss13: 8:22am On Dec 07, 2014
podosci:

Such a funny guy
Re: Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus. by Boss13: 8:24am On Dec 07, 2014
Alexk2:

Are you trying to say that the souls of the dead are still intact in their dead bodies waiting for rapture

Boy what have you been drinking?

(1) (Reply)

14-days Prayer Session For Nigeria : People, We Need To Pray-day 2 / Photos Of Nigerian Soldiers Praying Before Taking On Boko Haram. / Read How Christianity Has Changed Adewale Ayuba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.