Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? (23472 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her / Man Puts Baby In Freezer To Stop Her From Crying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by onadana: 12:31am On Dec 01, 2014
angrySince you are not too sure send her to me....oloshi.. ..na you marry her or na she marry you.Some men dey fall our hand.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by lilmax(m): 12:41am On Dec 01, 2014
Oga you better take control
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by ManTiger(m): 12:58am On Dec 01, 2014
I can feel your pain but you have to man up, don't enter one chance o, just seek medical help and try to dig into your wife's past. There was a case of a gurl who took a family planning program and delayed her for up to 2yrs before she conceived.

I can only imagine the number of times those pastor might have bath her and other spiritual cleansing at the lower arena.
Its a pity shaar, sorry bros.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by mickel2223(m): 1:07am On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=Davidoff2000 post=28476867]I am recently married..if one year six months is recent. I dated my wife for a few years before marrying her, last year. She is not born again per se, but very churchy and religious. She always says that they (who ever they are, I don't know) have always told her that she has a calling for God....fine

She likes going to church and always likes pastors 'wey dey see road' meaning pastors who often prophesy...prophets and the like.

Now that we haven't had a child yet, she often goes to church- quite a few different churches if i might add or sees different pastors often on the recommendation of family members or friends...and all of them keep giving her prophecies, bulk of which are not good.

"Its someone in your husband's family, thats responsible, its your husband's step mother, (whom she has never met). Now only recently, by yet another pastor: "its one girl ur husband dated and didnt marry that is the cause of ur predicament...."

"Your first issue going to be a boy but that scorned girl has bewitched you and locked your womb, and untll you and your husband come for deliverance, you can't conceive.

And to the best of my knowledge there is no girl i promised marriage up to that serious level that i disappointed...yet she says two different pastors have said the same thing.

I feel all these are works of charlatans and I tell her if i was to consult prophets too...they will tell me its her own mother, her uncle or her family member that is the cause.

I feel if she keeps listening to all these so called pastors, they will develop a siege mentality in her that will make her start looking at everyone around us with suspicion.

The same pastor that told her about me disappointing a girl also said there's some one in our compound that doesnt like her(my wife) and she should start being careful how or where she (my wife) spreads her clothes...A compound of few people and 6 flats..3flats of which are empty at the moment with only 7 other grown ups, 3 other wives inclusive.

We have a problem with one of the families just a lady with a bad character, but who cant and wont go to any diabolical route to do us bad...I told my wife that so because of what that pastor told her now, she will start thinking this woman wants to harm her?

That's the sort of siege mentality these prophesies can engender in her.

So question now is- how should i handle this? Should I stop her from seeing these pastors? Or stop her from going to church? Since i always encourage her to go though am not the church type myself...Or go for deliverance to one of these her 'obviously' fake pastors or pastors with inaccurate prophecies.

My brother act now while u still can before it will be too late cos very soon d pastors will soon ask her to go get your pubic hair to test if really u are not married to a spiritual mammy water spirit. A stitch in time dey say " Saves Nine"
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Ilekokonit: 1:25am On Dec 01, 2014
Your best bet to nip this in the bud once and for all is to set a date to go together to see the charlartan.

And once there, pick someone (known to you only and not known to your wife and preferably someone who is dead) and mention this person to the charlartan stating that the person is alive and asking if this person is the root of the matter.

If the charlartan can not "see" that the person is already dead, then you have just proven in your wife's presence that charlartans are just that.

Or try any other variant just to discredit the charlartan once and for all in your wife's presence.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 01, 2014
Thesame prophesy that tore apart the people of Omuechi village, Aluu Community in Rivers State. Families turned against themselves. undecided
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 01, 2014
This happens when a man refuses to take spiritual headship of his family and marries and not too smart woman, these frauds will eat up your finances turn your wife into a paranoid creep and eventually break your home.

Take her to a qualified gynecologist not some backroom doctor, you both get checked, Also be informed of all your options and keep it in mind.

Today its baby, tomorrow if baby comes she will be running around for protection, next tomorrow it will be for wealth. She has no self confidence or esteem and constantly needs validation that things will go here way, but thats the beauty of life not knowing what tomorrow holds but knowing God holds tomorrow and come what may Gods grace is sufficient to carry you through with focus hardwork and knowledge of Gods word.

She needs to stop with this paranoia it will engulf and destroy her and you too will be consumed in it.
I have a family member who lost all she had to one of shuch frauds and even had a baby by him now even feeding is a problem while the prophet has moved on as she got sacked from work and can't pay his bills again

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by aspirebig: 5:23am On Dec 01, 2014
Op,
I hope you are reading people's reaction to your thread, as I haven't seen your comment again on any of those reactions or feedback.

Bros, to start with. You are the man of the house, you need to take FULL control of your house like never before, go on your kneels with your wife pray to God yourself, it doesn't cost you a dime to kneel down and bless your marriage, you are a child of God, have faith and believe in yourself, embark on serious fasting and prayer, I am very serious , do not joke with this, you can buy this book by Dr D.K Olukoya :Prayer Rain, find the chapter that deals with this your issue and address it, do you go church?Where do you worship? How prayerful are you? Go to the bible, use people that had closest or similar case to yours and God answered them to pray that yours wont be different, it is just a phase and it will pass.God will surely grant you victory.

Stop your wife from seeing these so called pastors NOW. Many of them capitalise on woman's inability to take in on time after getting married, to start lieing to the woman, confusing the woman, sleeping with woman, pregnanting the woman, duping these women financial if the woman us doing well and is desperately in need of a child, using charm on the woman and claim it is power of God at work, and even collect the woman from the hubby, etc.I am not joking, all these and many more had happened in Nigeria live, not only in home video.

You are not to take this matter lightly.However, if you cannot pray on your own, it wont help matters here. Most of these Pastors are " trial and error "experts. A real man of God says something and it come to past, he is so convinced of his words, not saying different things so one will click, and he will like to the glory.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by LordReed(m): 5:47am On Dec 01, 2014
@Davidoff2000

I have learnt that once there is a problem in the home the best thing for you as a man is to be the one proffering solutions or else you will be subjected to things you didn't bargain for. If you don't take the lead then you can't expect your wife to sit and do nothing.

What have YOU done to ensure you have a child? That is the first thing you should tackle instead of shouting about your wife. If your wife sees you are serious about this she will be more receptive to you being uncomfortable with her many pastor jaunts. As it is you have showed no concern at all (at least not in this your thread).

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Okeikpu(m): 6:16am On Dec 01, 2014
Tallesty1:
A pastor may father your first child if you are not careful.
U r 100% right ⊙︿⊙
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by EyeKandy(f): 6:26am On Dec 01, 2014
Threads like this make me sick! The name-calling and derogatory remarks about his wife is unnecessary. Its even more "wack" that he's blamed for marrying a "Church-eous woman" and some losers even suggests he divorces his wife. Like WTH?

OP, simply put, you need to assume the role of the spiritual head of the family. You can't ask her to stop visiting pastors if you're not willing to step up spiritually, accompany her to a living Church and restore her confidence; stating that you're in it together and you love her.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 01, 2014
The solution to your problem isn't in any of those "pastors". The solution is in GOD. If they are pastors as they claim, they are gonna pray to GOD. Why don't you pray to GOD yourself and do that SERIOUSLY. Give your life to Christ and you have full access to the same GOD who blesses every family with the fruit of the womb. Just do this and thank me later. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Okeikpu(m): 6:37am On Dec 01, 2014
Omo dem don finish ur wife o...o it's 2late to stop her. Religion don kill Africans....(╯︵╰,) my guy get ur blackazz to the hospital . which kind brain God give Africans sef (T▽T)
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Okeikpu(m): 6:48am On Dec 01, 2014
U shud've impregnated her first b4 running to the alter......na so sharp niggas lyke me dey do-am.... Una no dey use una brain atol... Lesson for the unmarried men over here... (⊙_☉)
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by felipemadero(m): 7:02am On Dec 01, 2014
Its not rocket science bro..Stop her from going to those mathematical pastor that employ permutations and probability but not the church.Make sure your cupboard is skeleton-free...Happy New Month Peeps.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by passionate88: 7:13am On Dec 01, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Dude, you have to handle this matter ASAP! Stopping her from going to church doesn't make sense sha but I really don't know what to advise you to do.

I pray she doesn't learn the hard way cause those 'pastors' aren't smiling grin
He wants to stop her from seeing "pastors", not going to church.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Mclick(m): 8:15am On Dec 01, 2014
God help you @Op once your wife start believing in any Pastor/Prophet better than you, it could cause some unnecessary rivalry in the home. Little did some women know that these Prophets will never tell them the truth so as to always have them around. If its Lagos chai na one chance. That been said, you have to be courteous and wise, with examples if you could get any, try seat her down and educate her about fake prophets, a wife like yours, you will need to be grounded in the word of God to lead. I believe there are true spiritual gifts, but most of these so called prophet are greedy, self centred confusionists in disguise. if you check too they are not grounded in the word of God, and half educated in some cases. Though as much as possible, its not good to involve a third party in your affairs, after trying your best, try talk to her parent and see what you achieve. I repeat a wife like yours, you will need to be grounded in the word of God and decisive too to lead her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by kashere: 8:21am On Dec 01, 2014
U need to buy any gud book on destiny for her. Nobody can hurt her except its in her destiny. She need to stop goin abt lukin for wats not dr. It took me 9yrs to av my 1st preg. Thruout dis period I never visit anyone for d reason y becos my fate and believes don't. Do fertility test,love and cherish each oder,av a nice time.preg comes wen don't think abt it but don't loose hope. The only stress I had was d pressure frm my mum to leave my husband dt he is d problem.our fertility test shows dt we are both fine. Anytime my mum want to take me out to see smone I wil tell her dt if dy says it frm herside I wil not talk to her again,even wen she brings anytin I wil tel her dt am not goin to take.I do talk to her a lot dt its only her prayers dt I need. She reports me a lot to d elders in d family but I always tell dm dt GOD as not creat wat HE can't control. Thou I pray a lot and we av a lot of prayer books. We don't Even belong to any islamic society but we stick to our fate,believe,love and frdship. I love my husband die becos he is d best tin dt ever happen to. Pls talk to her, The must answered prayers are d ones said by us and people we are gud too and our parents. I wish u guys all d best.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by iGeneral: 8:28am On Dec 01, 2014
When eventually your wife gets pregnant, pls make sure you do a DNA paternity test to be sure you are the father of the baby. It may be one of the pastors.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by awa(m): 8:29am On Dec 01, 2014
@Poster,

You may have a point if you choose to stop her from going to any kind of Prophet or church for that matter. I have great respect for MOGs but at the same time, we all have equal access to God once we give our lives to God. God is faithful and I think it is unnecessary for your wife to be glorifying mere mortal created by God instead of putting all her hopes in God. For crying out loud, A year and six Months is still not too long to start acting as if God has denied you guys children. Ohhh Men of little faith, where has your wife's faith gone

I am so happy for you my brother because of your faith but at the same time, I will suggest that you come much more closer to God through worshiping regularly at a living and Bible-believing Church.
The Lord will give you your children soonest but don't allow madam to pollute your mind against your people nor neighbors. I know the days are evil but the closer you come to God the better you know how life is and should be.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by BritneyStacy: 8:36am On Dec 01, 2014
I couldn't help laughing after reading the post. It reminded me of my experience with one of the so called "pastor/man of god". Before we got married, my husband and I had agreed to wait for at least one year before having a child. We wanted to use the period to bond well and enjoy ourselves. We luckily escaped a pregnancy for the first 3months as we did not register for a ny family planning of any sort. We were always anxious at the end of thE first 3months if A period delayed. To curb the anxiety, Bobo finally let me register for family planning. This was unknown to our families. Naso after 5months or so, an Aunty of mine came with this man of god UNSOLICTED telling us that he will help us with our childlessness. My husband and I decided to pretend and let's the drama unfold. That was how this man came telling us that he had a vision where God revealed to him that its the landlady of the compound I was living in before I moved to my husband's house that tied my womb......Unknown to the idiot that I was not living in a rented apartment before my marriage so he prescribed a one month regimen in the church and cleansing we were to do if we were to break free from her. Then gave the church acct, number where we would pay in our access fee and appreciation for the cleansing. I was living in my parent's house before the marriage. So I guess my mom was thE evil landladY or the family planning pills I was taking. Heheheheheeh......When he left, we laughed our ass out. This pastor am talking about is among the first 3 most popular pastors in Uyo whose members make donation in dollars. So make I cut my long story short, let her read this thread on NL and share this my story with her. These self serving Pastors are scammers..trust me!! Pastors don't give children, God gives. Visit the hospitAl and stick to medical advice. Make stop visiting these churches. They wil destroy ur home slowly..(That's if they Ђåvε̲ not already). I understand how desperate women can be though to Ђåvε̲ a child of their own. Be more supportive and involved in her activities. Know who she is visiting and why. All the best in your home!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Originalsly: 8:38am On Dec 01, 2014
You can't reason her out of her belief. Of all the pastors she listened to the two she really believes are the two that told her the same thing. My advice is to visit the two by yourself with the same problem she brought before them.....no child in the marriage. Secretly record the meeting and play it back for her. I am sure she or her family would be blamed and that should open her eyes to the deceit of these so called MOG.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by popson1st: 8:40am On Dec 01, 2014
Stop her from going to church.

Stop her from seeing pastors.

Stop her from seeing prophets.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by bobkezel(m): 8:41am On Dec 01, 2014
Your marriage is on it's road to crashing, if u think say i de lie ask my cousin.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by 100Cents: 8:41am On Dec 01, 2014
Davidoff2000:
I am recently married..if one year six months is recent. I dated my wife for a few years before marrying her, last year. She is not born again per se, but very churchy and religious. She always says that they (who ever they are, I don't know) have always told her that she has a calling for God....fine

She likes going to church and always likes pastors 'wey dey see road' meaning pastors who often prophesy...prophets and the like.

Now that we haven't had a child yet, she often goes to church- quite a few different churches if i might add or sees different pastors often on the recommendation of family members or friends...and all of them keep giving her prophecies, bulk of which are not good.

"Its someone in your husband's family, thats responsible, its your husband's step mother, (whom she has never met). Now only recently, by yet another pastor: "its one girl ur husband dated and didnt marry that is the cause of ur predicament...."

"Your first issue going to be a boy but that scorned girl has bewitched you and locked your womb, and untll you and your husband come for deliverance, you can't conceive.

And to the best of my knowledge there is no girl i promised marriage up to that serious level that i disappointed...yet she says two different pastors have said the same thing.

I feel all these are works of charlatans and I tell her if i was to consult prophets too...they will tell me its her own mother, her uncle or her family member that is the cause.

I feel if she keeps listening to all these so called pastors, they will develop a siege mentality in her that will make her start looking at everyone around us with suspicion.

The same pastor that told her about me disappointing a girl also said there's some one in our compound that doesnt like her(my wife) and she should start being careful how or where she (my wife) spreads her clothes...A compound of few people and 6 flats..3flats of which are empty at the moment with only 7 other grown ups, 3 other wives inclusive.

We have a problem with one of the families just a lady with a bad character, but who cant and wont go to any diabolical route to do us bad...I told my wife that so because of what that pastor told her now, she will start thinking this woman wants to harm her?

That's the sort of siege mentality these prophesies can engender in her.

So question now is- how should i handle this? Should I stop her from seeing these pastors? Or stop her from going to church? Since i always encourage her to go though am not the church type myself...Or go for deliverance to one of these her 'obviously' fake pastors or pastors with inaccurate prophecies.

Choose a church both of you will attend.

Tell her aside that one, she should never go to another one. Make sure you know who the pastor is in person before you hear stories that touch.

Gullible women !..
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 01, 2014
sukkot:
hey all am saying is when i read about african pastors and their female congregation members, these types of things seem common place.

on a sidenote i am loving my phone. i got 6 apps on it already
1-heart rate monitor
2-solar system
3-foreign exchange calculator
4-world clock
5-audio bible
6-fingerprint scan

tell me what apps you got and which one you think i would like. no games please. i dont like computer games
wink

Check your mail grin
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by fireforfire: 9:43am On Dec 01, 2014
Hmmm.... Dis story sounds familiar.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by amnps: 10:04am On Dec 01, 2014
Young man, I seriously feel for you cos I can tell you for free that your wife has started on a journey of no return with her pastors. With the gullibility of women when it comes to believing whatever nonsense these so-called pastors or men of God tell them, your wife is gone! Only a miracle will get her back.

My ex-wife believed all the trash her "cele" pastors fed her with to the extent that I had called her attention severally to the fact her pastors might just be sexually interested in her and will do anything and everything to get me out of the way. Well, cutting a very long story short, my pleas fell on deaf ears and after just a normal husband and wife fight (no fisticuffs), she used that as an excuse and moved out of our home. It's been 2 years now and she hasn't looked back. In as much as I miss her and the kids, I feel good cos I have my sanity in place.

In essence, if truth be told, I advice you start gearing up for a wife replacement anytime soon cos women being what they are, will continue to patronise these devils in human skin to their detriment. My 2kobo!

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Idoko619(m): 10:10am On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:
Man of God.
That. d problem affecting Africa this days, we put too much credit to pastor than God himself.
Pray by yourself, God will hear you.
Even some of first class sinner like me fit better pass pastors in God eyes.

v said it all
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by globalwaly(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2014
My daddy, My daddy, Daddy.. these have indeed destroy so many Home, if i hear my wife call one pastor DADDY? Then i need to know who born her gan gan

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Idoko619(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2014
Tallesty1:
A pastor may father your first child if you are not careful.

i can testify to dat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One man, One wife / Sleeping With Another Man's Wife. Good or bad? / My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.