Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? (23530 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / My Friend Is Getting Married To A Cheat; How Do I Stop Her / Man Puts Baby In Freezer To Stop Her From Crying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Idoko619(m): 10:28am On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=asodeboyede post=28481386]You must understand that there are many wolfs in sheeps clothing!
There was a particular brother that was given a false prophecy that he would be the first to travel abroad in his family!
In view of this he began to sow in a fake land! Within 18months his younger brother broke the record, and he later realised the pastor was not even a pastor but a choir master in a far away church!
There are many psychological prophets out there; this is Africa, where someone that refuses your greetings would automatically fit-in to your watch list! Then hearing a prophecy about enemy, she immediately comes to mind!
Many a home has been destroyed cause of fake prophecies; and ladies are quick to hobnob with such wolves in the regalia of prophets!
My dear, warn your wife to desist, before you father a bastard or she becomes a third wife to DADDY!
WE STILL HAVE GENUINE PROPHETS AROUND!
Moreover this is END TIME
So expect shocking things that would spark your spine!

Do you even have any relationship with God?
ARE YOU A BEER HUSBAND OR BIBLE HUSBAND?
Man-up bro! Lead and let your wife follow

wnted to comment bt afta readn urs...i realise dere is ntin 2 say anymore

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nmeri17: 10:30am On Dec 01, 2014
see-road pastors be like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by seggs101(m): 10:45am On Dec 01, 2014
Tallesty1:
A pastor may father your first child if you are not careful.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Idoko619(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2014
I tot i was alone in ds situation....dere is dis gal i luv very much i mean very much...marriage ws evrytin dat comes to my mind first each time i tink of her. .den as d relationship procedes i came to notice dat my thinking, decision, opinions, advice , infact Evrytin were jst 2nd choice..... if nt frm her pastors , brothers in d lord den it cant b frm nobody.... i tried xo had to tell her d implications of her actions bt didn't seem to change anytin until i lost her to one of dos brothers...to tell u hw bad ds Church tin culd b....she culd folo dos brothers to a birthday party in a pool bt can not attend a birthday in our neighborhood dat is nt frm one of ds brothers.... Bro u c d prblm ds pastors can cause ur relationship is far more wat child lessness will cause u if u truly luv ur wife bro as u r gettin ds msg get to action bf my testimony becomes urs...tnks nd may God save us frm ds acclaimed MOG's.. hoping fr d day u wil invite us fr chid dedication... God bless ur marriage
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:
Man of God.
That. d problem affecting Africa this days, we put too much credit to pastor than God himself.
Pray by yourself, God will hear you.
Even some of first class sinner like me fit better pass pastors in God eyes.

I'm telling you,we 're too religious.We give so much respect to this so called pastor and most of them are hypocrites.And their prey 're on women because they 're soft hearted and easily manipulated,and if this lady is not well expose or uneducated ,you can be educated and unexpose.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by sukkot: 11:48am On Dec 01, 2014
sandijey:

Check your mail grin
no doubt wink
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by stephenponti(m): 11:52am On Dec 01, 2014
Stop her as soon as possible but subtly, otherwise you ll have your self to blame.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Applaner: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
op, that is how she ran after pastors and prophets and you married her. why do you want her to stop now?

Allow her.

on a serious note, only a year and six months of marriage, she is running after prophets. why can't we (ladies) ve patience
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Applaner: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
op, that is how she ran after pastors and prophets and you married her. why do you want her to stop now?

Allow her.

on a serious note, only a year and six months of marriage, she is running after prophets. why can't we (ladies) ve patience

Are u sure she doesn't ve any skeleton in her cupboard?
did both of you carry out a comprehensive test b/4 marriage?
just thinking aloud
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by holatin(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
BiggyB242:

I'm telling you,we 're too religious.We give so much respect to this so called pastor and most of them are hypocrites.And their prey 're on women because they 're soft hearted and easily manipulated,and if this lady is not well expose or uneducated ,you can be educated and unexpose.
what do u mean I can be educated and unexpose
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Wisegeek01(m): 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
Do you two pray at all ?
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Wisegeek01(m): 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
Davidoff2000

You shouldn't stop her, before she assumes you are the cause of her predicament"

But she ought to reduce the visits tho*

That u are not the church type is not an excuse, u ought to be there with her at least once in while on those visits to pastors, dats how u know wats up"

I bet you those pastors won't say someone in ur family is the cause, right in your presence"

Like I asked earlier do you two pray together at all, cos there's no issue that can't be solved with prayer"

Also try once in a while to sit and talk with her just to reassure her to have faith tho*

All is well *
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by naijaex: 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
Well, you are the cause,when u said u are not the churchy type, am married for going to seven yrs now without issue,. every woman always show concern once there is no issue withing a year plus after marriage but as a husband you have a lot of work to do,if your wife knows that you are not spiritually sound,then she will prefer to seek for prophecy somewhere but when your wife knew that you are spiritually sound husband she dare not come with fake prophecy, my advice again is to caution her seeking for help where there is no help. i pray she quickly conceive but later she will stop running to pastors. thks
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by SpencerLewis(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
pweetixandy:
She is running up and down becos she wants a baby yea? Why aren't u running up and down with her? If u tell her to stop going to see pastors,she will not find it funny cos she might think u dnt take her thoughts and feelings seriously. U sir,shld not let her go alone,women are very religious. #okbye
Why should he run up and down with her? women are just much more gullible than men and not religious. I despise organized religion a lot esp Christianity, Judaism and Islam b/c of the ignorance of their practitioners. Just look at the fallacies they are telling the ignorant woman and she is believing them. May be their small size of brain (anatomically) compared to men may be responsible for that.
They shd go for medical check/fertility investigations and don't be surprised the problem as in most cases may be from her. Yes, from her runing from pillar to post, may from an abortion done years ago or hormonal imbalance. And the more she is anxious the more the hormonal imbalance via the same limbic system and hypothalamus. Let her not develop amenorrhoea nervosa like princess Diana of blessed memory or develop stress ulcer. Those 'pastors' or 'prophets' are just looking for gullible people like her to milk dry with their guess prophecies.
Tufiakwa with religion and their ignorance/gullibility.
Don't SpencerLewis (aka Lucifer Son of The Morning) @ ur own peril. Hmm! Beware of my identical twin brother planet VENUS where we reside if u quote me.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by SpencerLewis(m): 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
flipboss:
.if she must visit any where first... it should be a hospital. Why not encourage her, and both of you go see a doctor. Infertility is inability to concieve after one year of regular sexual intercourse.
Perhaps she's got some very 'ugly' past with medical implications and she's just trying to cover it up and play 'smart'
The most sensible post here on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Prophets are God's gift to men, revealing the inner thoughts of God. There are fake ones. Don't stop ur wife because of mere accusations of people. I assure you, if the problem is spiritual, it will linger till your death, unless you adhere to what God is saying through the prophet. Look at the situation, analyze it (the prophesies) and pray to God for solutions.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by SpencerLewis(m): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
kennynelcon:
She is just frustrated, and you are the best person to lighten her burden. Stopping her from seeing pastors won't help.
Frustrated after just 18 months of marriage and without any medical check. She must be hiding something as the post below yours pointed out.
May be her womb have have been affected who knows in a previous D&C badly done by possibly quacks and knowing medically nothing can't be done and she becomes desperate and put the hubby on the defence.
Another thing is how old is she? Is she above 35yrs old and knowing that fertility in women (esp yet to conceive 4 the 1st time) declines more after that age(elderly primi..... stuffs)
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by SpencerLewis(m): 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
OnyeIbo:
Prophets are God's gift to men, revealing the inner thoughts of God. There are fake ones. Don't stop ur wife because of mere accusations of people. I assure you, if the problem is spiritual, it will linger till your death, unless you adhere to what God is saying through the prophet. Look at the situation, analyze it (the prophesies) and pray to God for solutions.
Yaba left gul on the loose. Prophet my foot. Those your biblical fairytale are confusing u. Am sure u also believe the fairytale of Adam & Eve if u believe all those fake prophecies of Naija con artists called pastors.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by flipboss(m): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
smiley
SpencerLewis:

The most sensible post here on this thread.
Thanks
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by pweetixandy: 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
SpencerLewis:

Why should he run up and down with her? women are just much more gullible than men and not religious. I despise organized religion a lot esp Christianity, Judaism and Islam b/c of the ignorance of their practitioners. Just look at the fallacies they are telling the ignorant woman and she is believing them. May be their small size of brain (anatomically) compared to men may be responsible for that.
They shd go for medical check/fertility investigations and don't be surprised the problem as in most cases may be from her. Yes, from her runing from pillar to post, may from an abortion done years ago or hormonal imbalance. And the more she is anxious the more the hormonal imbalance via the same limbic system and hypothalamus. Let her not develop amenorrhoea nervosa like princess Diana of blessed memory or develop stress ulcer. Those 'pastors' or 'prophets' are just looking for gullible people like her to milk dry with their guess prophecies.
Tufiakwa with religion and their ignorance/gullibility.
Don't SpencerLewis (aka Lucifer Son of The Morning) @ ur own peril. Hmm! Beware of my identical twin brother planet VENUS where we reside if u quote me.
k
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
SpencerLewis:

Yaba left gul on the loose. Prophet my foot. Those your biblical fairytale are confusing u. Am sure u also believe the fairytale of Adam & Eve if u believe all those fake prophecies of Naija con artists called pastors.
I only tell one thing to people like you. 'God is the one you are talking to. Let him prove Himself to you like He did to me.' Let Him grant you the mercy of revealing Himself to you.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Evanscoth(f): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
Tallesty1:

Bad ass nigga commenting.......................................

Poster which is your denomination. You have to start with being the church type before you can regulate the kind of church or "gods of men" your wife visit. You are the head/breadwinner of this very young marriage, please be so in everything including spiritual modelling of your family least you stand the risk of what you wife is already nuturing. Even your extended family and your kids won't be left out of the damage. Fake pastors are home breakers shitt! Please stop her ASAP and save her psyche
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by christemmbassey(m): 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
Davidoff2000:
I am recently married..if one year six months is recent. I dated my wife for a few years before marrying her, last year. She is not born again per se, but very churchy and religious. She always says that they (who ever they are, I don't know) have always told her that she has a calling for God....fine

She likes going to church and always likes pastors 'wey dey see road' meaning pastors who often prophesy...prophets and the like.

Now that we haven't had a child yet, she often goes to church- quite a few different churches if i might add or sees different pastors often on the recommendation of family members or friends...and all of them keep giving her prophecies, bulk of which are not good.

"Its someone in your husband's family, thats responsible, its your husband's step mother, (whom she has never met). Now only recently, by yet another pastor: "its one girl ur husband dated and didnt marry that is the cause of ur predicament...."

"Your first issue going to be a boy but that scorned girl has bewitched you and locked your womb, and untll you and your husband come for deliverance, you can't conceive.

And to the best of my knowledge there is no girl i promised marriage up to that serious level that i disappointed...yet she says two different pastors have said the same thing.

I feel all these are works of charlatans and I tell her if i was to consult prophets too...they will tell me its her own mother, her uncle or her family member that is the cause.

I feel if she keeps listening to all these so called pastors, they will develop a siege mentality in her that will make her start looking at everyone around us with suspicion.

The same pastor that told her about me disappointing a girl also said there's some one in our compound that doesnt like her(my wife) and she should start being careful how or where she (my wife) spreads her clothes...A compound of few people and 6 flats..3flats of which are empty at the moment with only 7 other grown ups, 3 other wives inclusive.

We have a problem with one of the families just a lady with a bad character, but who cant and wont go to any diabolical route to do us bad...I told my wife that so because of what that pastor told her now, she will start thinking this woman wants to harm her?

That's the sort of siege mentality these prophesies can engender in her.

So question now is- how should i handle this? Should I stop her from seeing these pastors? Or stop her from going to church? Since i always encourage her to go though am not the church type myself...Or go for deliverance to one of these her 'obviously' fake pastors or pastors with inaccurate prophecies.

my advice is that, you should accept Jesus ,srtart studying d bible with ur wife. '' An you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free'' -Jesus Christ jn32:8. Pastors, especially the mischievous lots called prophets are satan?s hirelings and according to jn10:10 their work is to steal, kill and destroy. Only Jesus can save. God bless u, ur life is in ur hands.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by hmnnn: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
@ OP, i'm impressed at the level of sense you have with religious matters even when you are not so inclined (maybe God will use you one day wink ), trust me, you are well able to sniff trouble from far.

I am born again but can tell you, you are judging the matter very correctly. You may not stop her from going to church all together but you should stop her from doing private consultations with prophets and all....it can bring more confusion and problems and like someone here had opined, the unthinkable might just happen. Nothing wrong in seeking spiritual intervention but it also has to be controlled or it may go out of hand.

I know women usually fret when they are yet to have children (mine took me to go do test just after 3months of marriage even though i was a virgin till wedding night) but you are the one in-charge, rule your home. You guys should pray together on the matter and she can be attending church normally and special programmes in your church but should stop private consultations for now. When you notice she can have a hold on herself, then she can see a pastor with you being present, not privately again for now
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Sunshinelady(f): 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
nnaemeka38:
Let her go and meet Jesus face to face in the blessed sacrament. She has the right to enter any Catholic chapel and pray before the blessed sacrament. She has the power in her tongue, and it is advisable to communicate it to God directly.
. Tank u
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by mutter(f): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
You can`t stop her from seeing a pastor. As long as she believes she will keep going.
The sad thing is that even when she has a baby, it will be something else.
This kind of situation can tear families apart. IT can also bring lifelong enemity. Mothers being branded as witches and so on.
I personally will have nothing to do with anyone who is on this kind of trip.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:

what do u mean I can be educated and unexpose
I should rephrase the statement,you can be educated and "still " be unexposed.Is like comparing two persons someone been locked up at home and not allowed to mix up with people around and the other person doing the contrary,in which both are educated.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by holatin(m): 6:31am On Dec 02, 2014
BiggyB242:

I should rephrase the statement,you can be educated and "still " be unexposed.Is like comparing two persons someone been locked up at home and not allowed to mix up with people around and the other person doing the contrary,in which both are educated.
I understand what you mean, am only trying to understand the context (YOU).
ANYWAY TANX
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Tvegas(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2014
Tallesty1:

Classic, Epic .......... grin. Poster don't joke with this comment.
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
holatin:

I understand what you mean, am only trying to understand the context (YOU).
ANYWAY TANX
Oh sorry I wasn't referring you .
Re: Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? by holatin(m): 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
BiggyB242:

Oh sorry I wasn't referring you .
k sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Travelling Without Consent ? / My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? / Are You Enjoying Your Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.