Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? (2003 Views)

Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by bongolistik(m): 1:35am On Dec 01, 2014
As I went to collect my Permanent Voters Card, and as I was searching through for my name on the pasted lists, I saw a lady's own that filled 'House wife' as occupation and the thing now kept me wondering if being a house wife is truly an occupation of its own.

Please, is being a house wife an occupation? If yes, what category of job can we classify it as?
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by VantagePoint: 2:03am On Dec 01, 2014
Do you get any remuneration/salary for being a housewife?
Is there any career advancement as a housewife?
Is there a union/association of housewives?
But then what do I know, I school in France.
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 01, 2014
VantagePoint:
Do you get any remuneration/salary for being a housewife?
Is there any career advancement as a housewife?
Is there a union/association of housewives?
But then what do I know, I school in France.

When exactly would you and your crew grow up

2 Likes

Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Texykool: 2:07am On Dec 01, 2014
I have to ask IFA
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 01, 2014
bongolistik:
As I went to collect my Permanent Voters Card, and as I was searching through for my name on the pasted lists, I saw a lady's own that filled 'House wife' as occupation and the thing now kept me wondering if being a house wife is truly an occupation of its own.

Please, is being a house wife an occupation? If yes, what category of job can we classify it as?
[s]Be patient,the elders are still sleeping..In about 4hours time,answers would be given[/s]

Being a wife is accompanied with handbags of taking care of the home,children and the husband....

Being a full-time stay-home wife,depends on the agreement between spouses (who knows,she might be learned)......If she is being paid in cash or kind(by her husband),then it's an occupation to her

2 Likes

Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Olarewajub: 2:10am On Dec 01, 2014
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 01, 2014
No being an house wife is simply a responsibility to the children and husband at all time of the day
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 01, 2014
This also gets me wondering.
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Nobody: 2:51am On Dec 01, 2014
Veralaw:

Be patient,the elders are still sleeping..In about 4hours time,answers would be given
nice concept

Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Mprex(f): 4:02am On Dec 01, 2014
Thats not an occupation pls.
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by pyyxxaro: 4:22am On Dec 01, 2014
Depends on the way you look at it cry

Wait lemme ask Aunty Patience Jonathan cos am suspecting her Hubby to be a House Husband tongue
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Nobody: 6:39am On Dec 01, 2014
bongolistik:

Yes and No...
Yes in the sense that some employers(husbands) often pay their employees(wives), monetary wise...
No in that, payments ain't done in cash but kind.

Btw, I think you should concentrate more on making the right choice in the forth coming elections. That woman who filled in "housewife" as an occupation might be earning 2wice your salary.

3 Likes

Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 01, 2014
LyndaRoyce:

Yes and No...
Yes in the sense that some employers(husbands) often pay their employees(wives), monetary wise...
No in that, payments ain't done in cash but kind.

Btw, I think you should concentrate more on making the right choice in the forth coming elections. That woman who filled in "housewife" as an occupation might be earning 2wice your salary.
Permit me to call the boldened an epic irony grin
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by soonest(f): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
It is a full time occupation
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by KanwuliaJara: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
No, it is a hobby.
No skills needed! cheesy
Re: Is Being A Housewife An Occupation? by mutter(f): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
When filling a form like that, there are a whole range of other things apart from workers - Housewife, students or Pensioners .
A house wife could be very educated and experienced but just currently not employed because she is taking care of the family. This data is needed for statistics too.
Why should you be wondering if Housewife is an occupation? Do you realize that it is a great responsibility to raise and train children and take care of the home. The payment is seeing your kid`s growing up and doing well and to see your husband happy. Quite honestly being a housewife is something every woman ought to do at some period. To just work all through is also not okay.
Many women I know today would love to be housewive`s but can`t because their husbands don`t grant them that luxury. So they go out to work, come home tired, still struggle with the housework and kids and at the end are burnt out and tired. The sad part is the cannot give 100% at home or a work.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dike Husband Says Different Between WIFE And BABYMAMA / Married Men And Women, Can A Mother Of Five Children Still Enjoy Sex? / Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.