Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria (13319 Views)

Quack Doctors At an Health Centre in Ijoko. / My Experience With A Quack Doctor / Quack Indian Doctors Allegedly Exploiting Nigeria In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 01, 2014
delishpot:
There is a quack midwife in PH at Agip area. She goes by tge name grandma. She poses as a midwife or should I say a trado medical practitioner who help women get pregnant fraudulently. I believe she has stollen a lot of babies to give to women who she decieve that they are pregnant and in the nineth month she will lie that they are in labour( when she gets news from her gang that babies are available) and addmits them to the clinic. she gives them meds to contract their wombs making them think they are in labour then she knocks them out with meds and by the time they wake up, whala, there is a baby beside them. A stollen baby cos the women were never pregnant . Any CID person should please follow up on this tip and rescue all the stollen babies from the women she handed them to

Send a mail to Naptip. Google their email address it's available online its more effective than writing here and hoping security will find it.

1 Like

Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 01, 2014
thorpido:
Interestingly,a lot of healthy foods are not expensive.People just have a wrong impression of what 'rich food' is.

When I cook sometimes I get questions like " why you too like suffer when you get money" suffer here means I don't go for frozen chicken which is " easier" but local.chicken which takes more time. I dont fill up my pot with all sorts of meats and fish which connotes being rich rather will feast more on healthy vegetables.
I dont drink juices which is a sign of arriving drinking processed juice with every meal rather will squeeze out ugu, carrots or water melon or drink plain water. That to a lot of people is unnecessary big man suffer when God don bless you.

Then the same bunch will fill you with stories of how their relative died from " strange illness " which when you hear the symptoms is neglected infection or unmanaged high blood pressure

3 Likes

Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by SpencerLewis(m): 10:24am On Dec 01, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
After the long write up no one was arrested? shocked
Are u blind or daft? U didn't see that two so-called 'Doctors' were arrested and the a 3rd escaped.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by redcliff: 10:29am On Dec 01, 2014
One of the quark doctors got his certificate in bulgaria. How do i know this? Because he said he left his certificate in Bulgaria where i school..

But for real thats what he said. He left his certificate in Bulgaria. SMH
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by SpencerLewis(m): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2014
Abiolainfo:
I will blame it on the Government, Nigeria hospitals are so expensive per standard of living of the masses under minimum wage in which some state are still finding it hard to pay. If our hospitals are standard and affordable, no one will run after quack doctor and our president will stop flying to Germany for health check up cheesy grin
U are right. Hospitals are expensive for them to access healthcare, but when the quacks kill them or incapacitate them, they will sell or pledges their property or borrowed money to give him or her a befitting burial. What an irony. 10 days ago, a couple brought their 2yr old daughter (unknown to them that the child was dead already) for treatment and resuscitation when i was on call. This child was sick according to the father for about a week and still goes to school with it. The mother claimed the the child's illness started that same day contrary to the husbands history. The child even went to school on that fateful day. After I confirmed the child dead, the father opened up to me that the child even had convulsion 4 days earlier and was taken to a pharmacy where an injection was given to abort the seizure and was asked to go home. That they thought she was ok and will later eat well like b/4.
The child's conjunctiva was paper white. that means the child may have died probably from anaemic heart failure as she has been having fever which subsides on intake of paracetamol. They claimed that they don't have money and expects me to do magic. I told them it was too late and they should try their 'pastor'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Kasieze(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2014
A Gorvernor was in the church
for Thanksgiving. The topic of
the sermon was "repentance".
After the sermon, Pastor #Praise
asked the congregation "is there
anybody here that want to
give his/her life to christ? Lift
your hand let me pray for you".
But Nobody responded.
After about three calls, The
Governor mounted the alter and
made a statement. "IF YOU
WANT TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO
CHRIST, PLEASE LIFT YOUR HAND
LET THE PASTOR PRAY FOR YOU.
COS WE WANT GOOD CITIZENS IN
THIS STATE."
A young boy lifted up his hand
reluctantly and the Governor
asked his personal assistant to
give the boy $50,000. .
The Governor repeated thesame
statement again, And this time
around................. http://www..com/
view_joke.php?id=424 continue
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by thorpido(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2014
aisha2:

When I cook sometimes I get questions like " why you too like suffer when you get money" suffer here means I don't go for frozen chicken which is " easier" but local.chicken which takes more time. I dont fill up my pot with all sorts of meats and fish which connotes being rich rather will feast more on healthy vegetables.
I dont drink juices which is a sign of arriving drinking processed juice with every meal rather will squeeze out ugu, carrots or water melon or drink plain water. That to a lot of people is unnecessary big man suffer when God don bless you.

Then the same bunch will fill you with stories of how their relative died from " strange illness " which when you hear the symptoms is neglected infection or unmanaged high blood pressure
Exactly.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 11:50am On Dec 01, 2014
raayah:
Nigerian general hospitals are also in a mess too!

The government should work on its healthcare, by providing free healthcare and also by legalizing abortion.

Health care can never be free. It can be subsidized as govt is doing and even at that its still expensive for mist people. The subsidized health care system is why the govt hospitals are in their current state.

In a situation whereby healthcare is left to market forces you would have adequate care at unaffordable costs but then you would know you are getting the best.

Rock and hard place dilemma.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2014
thepathologist:
doctor of pharmacy,doctor of nursing,doctor of medical lab science,doctor of physiotherapy.

grin grin grin

I see what you did there. Many wouldn't understand.

1 Like

Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
heykims:
In my Fatherland, anything goes. Even asides these seeming illiterate quacks, u see certified pharmacists in famous pharmacy shops offering consultations to 'patients'. They re even bold enough to openly dedicate a room inscribed as "consultation room" in their stores despite d fact that it is illegitimate.
Yet, no one cares to challenge or prosecute them coz we all know dt we re in a country where everything goes..
Did you notice that it was the woman that termed him a Pharmacist?
When he was asked if he was a Medical doctor, did you notice his reply?

Well, I guess you should make your research on consultant Pharmacist.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
delishpot:
There is a quack midwife in PH at Agip area. She goes by tge name grandma. She poses as a midwife or should I say a trado medical practitioner who help women get pregnant fraudulently. I believe she has stollen a lot of babies to give to women who she decieve that they are pregnant and in the nineth month she will lie that they are in labour( when she gets news from her gang that babies are available) and addmits them to the clinic. she gives them meds to contract their wombs making them think they are in labour then she knocks them out with meds and by the time they wake up, whala, there is a baby beside them. A stollen baby cos the women were never pregnant . Any CID person should please follow up on this tip and rescue all the stollen babies from the women she handed them to

Whoever falls for this should have stupidity added to the charges.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
Samgreguc:

Educate us.

1 Like

Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
armadeo:

Educate us.
Educate you? I thought you were the only one that understood Doctor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Physio. etc?

Take time to read and unde

2 Likes

Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by anasglobal: 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
Samgreguc:

Educate you? I thought you were the only one that understood Doctor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Physio. etc?

Take time to read and unde

Maybe I misunderstood grin grin
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by delishpot: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
armadeo:

Whoever falls for this should have stupidity added to the charges.

Lol. My sister actually told me about it. Then I remembrred how one woman went for DNA test and till the end believed that the child she had was hers. My sister said she gives the women some meds which causes their tummies to swell as is the case with pregnancy. She (Grandma) is in colabo with a nurse who does scan and tell the women baby is fine. Grand ma then tops the meds for big bely and sends the women home warning them not to go somewhere else( you know how women love pikin reach they just do as told so as not to spoil the meds grandma says can be spoilt by oyinbo medicines) she gives them time for visitations. Then when it is almost time for baby to be born, only God knows how mama does it( gets new babies) she calls her due patient to come for checkup. Then after check she will say the woman is on labour. She will then give meds to cause uterine contractions( labour pain) the unsuspecting woman will think she is in labour and then she will pass out( due to meds she was given cos grandma knows no baby will ever come out and she doesnt want the mothers to know this) when they wake up, she will say the mom was lucky o, she nearly died o but congrats here is baby. If mama couldnt find any baby she will say it was a still birth.
All those women carrying pregnancies for 11,12,13 months and later give birth to babies should be checked. Most times it happens cos their cheating deceptive midwives could not get newborns for the mission early, so they keep decieving the women that dontvworry, labour will start soon. Baby is fine, dont govto oyinbo doctors o, they will tell you there is no baby o not all sickbess is cured in oyinbos way o.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by heykims(m): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Samgreguc:

I didn't refer d quack as a pharmacist, I only cited another example to express the sorry state of the health sector in Nigeria..
Well u could be of help if u lecture me about consultant pharmacists in Nigeria as at this moment nd d hospitals/schools that confer the honour. Ignorance sha...
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
heykims:

I didn't refer d quack as a pharmacist, I only cited another example to express the sorry state of the health sector in Nigeria..
Well u could be of help if u lecture me about consultant pharmacists in Nigeria as at this moment nd d hospitals/schools that confer the honour. Ignorance sha...

Samgruc!! Seconded!!
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
delishpot:

Lol. My sister actually told me about it. Then I remembrred how one woman went for DNA test and till the end believed that the child she had was hers. My sister said she gives the women some meds which causes their tummies to swell as is the case with pregnancy. She (Grandma) is in colabo with a nurse who does scan and tell the women baby is fine. Grand ma then tops the meds for big bely and sends the women home warning them not to go somewhere else( you know how women love pikin reach they just do as told so as not to spoil the meds grandma says can be spoilt by oyinbo medicines) she gives them time for visitations. Then when it is almost time for baby to be born, only God knows how mama does it( gets new babies) she calls her due patient to come for checkup. Then after check she will say the woman is on labour. She will then give meds to cause uterine contractions( labour pain) the unsuspecting woman will think she is in labour and then she will pass out( due to meds she was given cos grandma knows no baby will ever come out and she doesnt want the mothers to know this) when they wake up, she will say the mom was lucky o, she nearly died o but congrats here is baby. If mama couldnt find any baby she will say it was a still birth.
All those women carrying pregnancies for 11,12,13 months and later give birth to babies should be checked. Most times it happens cos their cheating deceptive midwives could not get newborns for the mission early, so they keep decieving the women that dontvworry, labour will start soon. Baby is fine, dont govto oyinbo doctors o, they will tell you there is no baby o not all sickbess is cured in oyinbos way o.

As I said . stupidity should be added to the charges. When everybody is pregnant they go about with it and your own is " special". Even highly literate peeps fall for this.

It is well.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nigerian journalists... now they are referring to drug retailers or what we popularly call chemist as pharmacist....educated illiterates.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Mbediogu(m): 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=Ishilove post=28488436]I stumbled on this very interesting article on Premium Times. It is a very fine piece of investigative journalism, as well as an eye opener to the lengths humans go to make dirty money and cover up 'sins'.

But the Johesu pharmacist is now a consult qualified to play the doctor in all respect. They have support of the Federal government, so onward with the Johesu modified form of health delivery. Those who are complaining are simply jealous. We asked for it.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by ooshinibos: 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nigeria is a fourth world country
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
heykims:

Yes, ignorance is a disease if not you woulD have known that a Community Pharmacist is a consultant Pharmacist.
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
delishpot:

Lol. My sister actually told me about it. Then I remembrred how one woman went for DNA test and till the end believed that the child she had was hers. My sister said she gives the women some meds which causes their tummies to swell as is the case with pregnancy. She (Grandma) is in colabo with a nurse who does scan and tell the women baby is fine. Grand ma then tops the meds for big bely and sends the women home warning them not to go somewhere else( you know how women love pikin reach they just do
as told so as not to spoil the meds grandma says can be spoilt by oyinbo medicines) she gives them time for visitations. Then when it is almost time for baby to be born, only God knows how mama does it( gets new babies) she calls her due patient to come for checkup. Then after check she will say the woman is on labour. She will then give meds to cause uterine contractions( labour pain) the unsuspecting woman will think she is in labour and then she will pass out( due to meds she was given cos grandma knows no baby will ever come out and she doesnt want the mothers to know this) when they wake up, she will say the mom was lucky o, she nearly died o but congrats here is baby. If mama couldnt find any baby she will say it was a still birth.
Hmmmmm
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
saxywale:
Nigerian journalists... now they are referring to drug retailers or what we popularly call chemist as pharmacist....educated illiterates.
E tire me o bro. The Journalist ma na O.L.O.D.O
Re: How Quack Doctors Exploit Poor People In Nigeria by shilees(f): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Me: kaffy how are you,we don't see you around anymore,
Kaffy: am fine, am learning work now
Me: that's good which work are u learning
Kaffy: Nurse work
Me: you mean you are in a nursing school, congrats, that's good.
Kaffy: no o am learning in one hospital down the road,
Me: shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna confirms 20 Coronavirus Cases, including 4-Month-Old Girl / Court Stops Implementation of FG/JOHESU Agreement / Health Benefits Of Mackerel Fish (titus Fish)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.