Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,063 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Can One Become A Director On Any Govt Ministry Without Academic Qualifications? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can One Become A Director On Any Govt Ministry Without Academic Qualifications? (511 Views)

Police To Promote Junior Officers With Higher Qualifications – IG / ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications / Show Off Your Qualifications Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can One Become A Director On Any Govt Ministry Without Academic Qualifications? by Justice629(m): 7:23am On Dec 01, 2014
Director South African Airways Is A Boss With No Academic Qualifications.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-dDtZbthVm-4/VHuTYNPWxqI/AAAAAAAAHxA/UrocJPI7P20/s1600/0001.jpg[/img]
In this part of the world, academic qualification is almost a do or die affair. and every individual do everything possible to succeed in that perspective.

The reason why many people flock to the universities to study any available course, not because they want to be there, but because without it they are practically doomed.

But in neighboring South Africa, Nico Bezuidenhout has risen to the top of a multinational company, the South African Airways (SAA), without a single academic qualification.

And he claims he has never lied about it as he rose through the ranks.
"My staff, the shareholder [SAA], my board, everybody that I'm involved with, has always known that I do not have a degree and have always given me support," SABC radio quoted Bezuidenhout as saying.
"I do not believe the fact I did not have a academic qualification when appointed at Mango in 2006 has had any effect."
Amidst allegations that Bezuidenhout lied about his qualification is in the past, the SAA board has come out to defend their CEO whom they said they employed based on "proven experience, capability and track record."
"In the opinion of the board, the tertiary studies that Mr Bezuidenhout has completed, although incomplete, provides sufficient grounding while his performance track record certainly exceed that of a number of previous, and highly qualified, airline CEOs," the board state in a statement published by Times Live.
Though Bezuidenhout is still being accused of falsifying information about his qualification, his success once again brings to fore the debate about the overt emphasis on paper qualification.

If people were employed for skills, rather than certificates, things may look different.
Re: Can One Become A Director On Any Govt Ministry Without Academic Qualifications? by asalimpo(m): 6:03am On Dec 19, 2014
Again, proving that Ability not paper credentials is your highest certification

(1) (Reply)

Information Systems Career Development Program / For Every Job Seeker / Flow Station Production Operation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.