Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle (21639 Views)

Ladies Can You Rock This Hairstyle?????????????? / Ladies Checkout This Latest Cute And Sexy Hairstyle / Can Someone Explain This Hairstyle To Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by duduspace(m): 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2008
mohawkchic:

[color=#550000]Want to grow a Fro?- Your questions answered !!

How do I start to grow an Afro– do I need my haircut in a certain style beforehand?

If your are starting to grow your Afro from a short haircut you must make sure you have a defined hair line – this can be done with clippers, you will need to continue to keep this up until your hair starts to grow and take shape. As your hair grows and the style takes shape you may notice some hairs appear to be growing longer than others particularly on top. You need to try to get the hair on the side of your head to be an even length with the hair on top. In order to do this you will need to make sure the top is trimmed to match the slower growth of sides. This is a great style for summer.

http://www.itzcaribbean.com/Afro_hair_style.php

mohawkchick, I know that is not you in the picture cos that chic's hairdo is definitely no mohawk grin grin
but that is some good and precise instruction though, you might have actually convinced some folks to grow a fro at the least you had me convinced until I remembered I was in a profession where such an exhuberant hair style would not be appreciated.
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by mohawkchic(f): 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2008
duduspace:

[b]mohawkchick, I know that is not you in the picture because that chic's hairdo is definitely no mohawk grin grin[/b]but that is some good and precise instruction though, you might have actually convinced some folks to grow a fro at the least you had me convinced until I remembered I was in a profession where such an exhuberant hair style would not be appreciated.

~You had me LOL here on that jibe tongue I know you know wink

~If it was an hairstyle that could be achieved within a couple of weeks,i wouldnt mind trying it at all but i cant be asked to pay that much attension to my hair,but i'll wig it anytime!! grin i have been looking for a brown colour afro wig tho,havent been lucky finding the right type yet!!
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2008
I like my hair bushy sha. . . tongue Lots of shampoo makes it shiny and i cream it regularly. . . just love being me. . . tongue
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by Suntemi(m): 1:06pm On Dec 09, 2008
bintab:

@sun temi, na wa for you sha. I bet you know how marijuana works . i mean the real gbana.if this guy try this remedy i bet he will be high as oke and it will take some tranquilliser to bring him down.na so his eye go dilate and probably start to pee on himself.That advise is very ridiculous and should never be embrace. @ poster--- Mohawk chick advise is the best as it is reasonable and logistic.If you can, you can check with cosmetologist, they will be able to help you.

Bintab, na wa for u too o. How something wey person want put for head go make am high? I didn't ask him to smoke the stuff abi u no read my post wellaly?
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by bintab(f): 11:52am On Dec 10, 2008
@sun temi.Sorry for the direct response .i know that the skin is also semi permeable and definitely this gbana will be absorbed,I am just a bit worry about what effect it will cause after it produced the desired effect of probably grown the afro.i am scare about gbana.it is just me.
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by okiyi: 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
This is one secret I dont want you to share with anyone but just yourself.Apply two tablespoon-fulls of jik every morning and the job is done.It aint a joke man.Its for real.Just try it out and youlld see what im talking about.
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by BigFreeze: 3:49am On Dec 16, 2008
since reading this thread i can't stop lol, how nigerian
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by Oats: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2008
my hair is afro right now too

and i dont think you should put an of the dyes suggested into it
as it makes your hair dry and thin

i recommend using henna- in indigo colour

search other hair boards too, im new and i would post a link but id dint read the rules embarassed
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by angelina08(f): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2008
If the colour of your hair is not OK for you, you can barb it Gorimakpa.
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by WesleyanA(f): 3:15am On Dec 18, 2008
shave whatever you currently have off, stay indoors and let your hair grow.
the sun and chemicals can alter your hair color, although not significantly.
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by mrD: 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2008
stop using locally made relaxer,buy DOCTOR MIRACLE RALAXER WITH his GrOW OIL it very effective, better still i av some suppliments shampoo and conditioner i can sell 2 u call me +2348027053273 or mail mrd_demmy@yahoo.com
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by nature262(m): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2008
How can i turn my afro to dreads ?
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by dplo(m): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2008
dude,find your way to any supermaket or chemist,and buy poly colour hair dye,colours 2 black
my afro is more than two years,and its black and shining.i apply poly colour every two months and believe me,i never have any regret for keeping afro or using poly colour hair dye,give it a try ok
Re: How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle by bosunjohns(m): 4:57pm On May 26, 2015
mohawkchic:
~I couldnt find any names for hair dye for Black men to recommend except  "Just For Men" which is for grey coverage!! Soori

~I can advice You do however look on the box of the product you do buy to make sure whatever dye/colour you buy states there is  Non-toxic Coloring Agents,this means the hair dye/colour doesnt not contain peroxide & some other chemicals . . . .otherwise your hair will end up with more brownish tones than you first had!!

~There are Semi-permanent,Demi-permanent and Permanent hair colours available!!

~Have a look around your local hair store,Henna was recommended on some of the pages i browsed thro,you should check it out!Drinking lots of water helps moisturize your hair growth too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Color Are Yur Nails? / Fade Ogunro- Before & After Make-up Look / Style File: Karisma Kapoor (class + Style)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.