Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

What's Christianity Turning To In Nigeria, Particularly In The South East - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Christianity Turning To In Nigeria, Particularly In The South East (597 Views)

What Christianity Teaches! God Hate Religion. / What Christianity Does. / Can someone please explain what christianity is all about? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Christianity Turning To In Nigeria, Particularly In The South East by emmasege: 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
Recent trends in the Christendom particularly in south east Nigeria call for a great concern. The intent of this post is not to attack any tribe, but to wake up observers of time in d south east. Traversing the south east, it's common to see all sort of folks parading themselves as men of God, putting up beautiful bill boards with themes that lack biblical basis. I was recently passing through Anambra/Enugu states, where I saw a very fascinating bill board with pretty faces but with this theme "The label is not the same as the content". And the conveners of this programme would expect people to come and be blessed out of his own spiritual shallowness. How did we get to this point in Nigeria that babes who should still be feeding on the milk of God's world through intensive discipleship training now masquerade as spiritual giants. It seems "Christian business" now thrives better than secular business, as is being proven by the so called pentecostals. I know such practices abound in other regions too, but the rate is just too high in the south east. Yes, those who minister at the altar must also partake of the altar but this is not for every Tom, Dick & Harry who lack spiritual depth.
Pseudochristianity is worse off than infidelity. A wake up to Nigeria in general and d south east in particular!
Re: What's Christianity Turning To In Nigeria, Particularly In The South East by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
did God complain?
Re: What's Christianity Turning To In Nigeria, Particularly In The South East by eyeview: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
I though I was the only one who has noticed it. Any time I travel down to the cities of d east,I see a lot of young men(and women) of about late 20's and mid 30's who should naturally be under a spiritual mentor developing their God given gift and calling, parading very big titles such as DR Bishop,ArchBishop, Chief Seer, High Prophet etc.
Naturally,it tells me the mentality and values of such men. They have placed human glory over their assignment and thus lost it.

1 Like

Re: What's Christianity Turning To In Nigeria, Particularly In The South East by mmsen: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
Religion has always been about business.

How can you be so naive?

You think the Catholic Church simply stumbled across the billions of dollars that it now has control over?
Re: What's Christianity Turning To In Nigeria, Particularly In The South East by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
"Christendom has left christianity long ago without noticing.."
There are just few christians out there..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Daily Scripture Reading And Prayers (devotion) / Most Ugly Song Ever! / Some Ladies Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.