Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,624 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. (2049 Views)

When You Annoy Your Mum On Christmas Day / 5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by tchiwinnie: 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Its dat tym of the yr again. I wld love suggestions on nigerian recipe for breakfast to dinner, for christmas(and mayb to 1wk after)
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by Merlissa(f): 2:01pm On Dec 01, 2014

Breakfast - Ogi and Akara
Bread and moi moi
Bread and stew
Nigerian made pancakes
Eko and moi moi
Bread and Beans

Lunch - White/jollof/fried rice with stew (beef, chicken, fish, turkey, roundabout etc)
Yam porridge
Pounded yam/eba/amala/semo and any soup (efo, ewedu, white soup, gbegiri etc)
Moi moi
Beans and Plantain

Dinner Fruit salad
pepper soup
indomie
Home made shawama
Fruits
Water
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by tchiwinnie: 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
wow, thanks @ merlissa. ur menu does make sense. pls cld u teach me ow to prepare home made akara?
more suggestions pls!
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by tchiwinnie: 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2014
@merlissa or any1 else, pls help me wt directions to make home made akara
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by Merlissa(f): 6:50am On Dec 07, 2014
Sorry am replying late.. Pm me and I'd help you out..
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by SAMBARRY: 11:37am On Dec 07, 2014
tchiwinnie:
wow, thanks @ merlissa. ur menu does make sense. pls cld u teach me ow to prepare home made akara?
more suggestions pls!
when you soak bens inside water leave it like an or or more depending on the quantity. As soon as it is soft, start peeling it inside water. Put the beans in the middle of your two palms and start peeling off all the beans shell till it turns white. As soon ass it turns white take it to the market for them to grind it.add tatase inside so they will grind both tatase and beans . tell the grinder that he or she shouldn't put too much water because it is akara you want to do so they will make it thick.

When they grind it add slice onions into the paste , maggi and salt then mix it all together using a long serving spoon . bleach the hot oil.as soon as it's hot. Take scooping spoon and start scooping the paste into the hot oil.turn it
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by SAMBARRY: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2014
To the other side when ome part has fully fried . meanwhile make sure the oil is much so that the oil will push it out to float and it will be easy to take it out. Also ensure that
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by SAMBARRY: 11:40am On Dec 07, 2014
When you put maggi inside the paste you stirr it very well so that one side won't be tasting of excessive maggi or salt and another side won't.
Good luck
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by SAMBARRY: 11:41am On Dec 07, 2014
After doing it let me know how it went wink
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by tchiwinnie: 3:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
SAMBARRY:
when you soak bens inside water leave it like an or or more depending on the quantity. As soon as it is soft, start peeling it inside water. Put the beans in the middle of your two palms and start peeling off all the beans shell till it turns white. As soon ass it turns white take it to the market for them to grind it.add tatase inside so they will grind both tatase and beans . tell the grinder that he or she shouldn't put too much water because it is akara you want to do so they will make it thick.
Thannks so much. i ll try it out. i just hope i ll get d correct consistency as i want to blend wt my blender.

When they grind it add slice onions into the paste , maggi and salt then mix it all together using a long serving spoon . bleach the hot oil.as soon as it's hot. Take scooping spoon and start scooping the paste into the hot oil.turn it
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by tchiwinnie: 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
SAMBARRY:
After doing it let me know how it went wink
i will. thanks plenty
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by veave(f): 6:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
smiley
cake
cake
cake...
oh how I love cake! embarassed
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by tchiwinnie: 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
veave:
smiley
cake
cake
cake...
oh how I love cake! embarassed
lol, just cake all day? dats for desert nau grin
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by tchiwinnie: 3:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
Merlissa:
Sorry am replying late.. Pm me and I'd help you out..
sorry, bt pls if u dont mind cld u pls share it here? so dat odas cld benefit. thanks plenty.
Re: Typical Nigerian Recipe For Christmas Day. by veave(f): 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2014
tchiwinnie:
lol, just cake all day? dats for desert nau grin

No, I'm just fantasizing on the amount of cake i'll eat this period grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Will You Eat This Cake? ( Viewers Discretion) / Man Makes N20k daily selling Frog Barbecue (photos) / Naija Free Beginners Online Tutorial On Cake Making/de

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.