Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Start A Food Blog - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Start A Food Blog (921 Views)

Content Writer For A Food Blog / Pics From An Accident Involving A Wheel Barrow Pusher & A Food Seller / Something Awesome To Throw In A Food Fight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Start A Food Blog by kentornic: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
I'm not an expert when it comes to food but i'm sure an expert in helping people turn their knowledge, passion and interest into a business. My name is Kenneth and i am the expert blogger behind http://www.gainfulproject.com

In the past i have helped some of my coaching clients who are into food and recipes to start a successful blog that turned their knowledge of foods into full time business, generating income that they never had to work for anyone again. When they were starting out with me there is one question that several of them posed and it is, “Why start a food blog?”

They wanted to know what the point was. Who would care what they had to say? What could they bring to the table that hadn’t already been done? These same folks wanted to know everything they could about food blogging before they were ready to start a food blog.

Incase you have such question, I want to give you a hug (as i did in for them) and tell you to just start. So, here it goes:

[size=13pt]Top 10 Reasons You Should Start a Food Blog[/size]

[10] You will experiment more in the kitchen. Having a food blog and committing to posting at least twice a week will force you into your kitchen to try new things. You can’t write about that same soup recipe every week – even if they are your absolute favorite soup.

[9] Someone you don’t know will leave a comment on your blog and tell you that they a) love your writing, b) love your photo, or c) love your recipe. Do you enjoy it when you get “Likes” on Facebook? Getting praise from strangers is even more exciting.

[8] You are the boss! This one is huge. Your blog may be the one place in your life where you get to call ALL of the shots.

[7] A company may offer you something for free. When that happens, you will feel like you’ve won the lottery. We all like free stuff. Food bloggers have access to lots of it. As you get further into food blogging, you’ll step back and take a long, hard look at the ethics of giveaways and product placement. But, when you get that first offer for something free, it’s OK to do a happy dance.

[6] Another blogger will write about your recipe. You will be completely flattered – and you should be. It’s a huge source of pride to create a dish in your kitchen that someone else thinks is newsworthy.

[5] You will never again say, “I’m bored.” A food blog is the ultimate hobby. You can put as much or as little time as you want into it. There is always something you could be doing to improve your blog. And, and some point, all of that effort might pay off in dollars.

[4] You will make online friends. At first glance, you might think being a blogger is a lonely activity. But, you will soon get to know others with similarly-themed blogs and you will learn and grow together.

[3] You will make offline friends. There are real people behind the online usernames, so your online friends will translate to offline contacts such that you will have great friends in almost every major city in the world. No matter where you travel to, there will be great people to hook up with and talk about what matters to you. These people may end up being your new BFFs.

[2] You can use your blog as a platform to talk about things important to you. If you are passionate about a charity, you now have readers who may be able to help. You could give your son a free sidebar ad to promote his new business. Maybe you think eating three times a day is wrong, that people should rather eat 6 times; it’s your blog and you can preach.

[1] I saved the best for the last. You can use your blog as a springboard for lots of income. Some food bloggers receive cookbook deals, others have an opportunity to write for local newspapers and magazines, some get online freelance writing work, and still others are offered jobs teaching cooking classes. Advertisement deals, Affiliate marketing and all. Bottomline, your food blog can make you rich if you will just start and commit to it.

A quick example, the couple who run www.pinchofyum.com makes over $30,000 monthly food blogging. They post their income report on their blog monthly.

This month I will help 30 people to start a successful blogging career free of charge as a giveaway by building a blog for them loaded with over $2,000 worth of tools and resources. If you want to start a food blog visit http://www.gainfulproject.com/blogging and take advantage of this offer

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Start A Food Blog by LajaLaba: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Is the offer still stand boss?
Re: Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Start A Food Blog by kunkuliuke: 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Here Is Whytomato Sauce Splatter And How To Avoid It / What NOT To Eat At Lagos Airports / Food Poisoning: What To Do For Relief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.