Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,984 members, 7,821,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? (2275 Views)

23 Reasons Why Leo Messi Should Win The Ballon D'or / Nairaland Sports Poll: Who Should Win The Fifa Ballon D'or? / Who Do You Think Should Win The Next World Best Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2014
FIFA and France Football have released their three man shortlist for january's upcoming ballon d'or award., namely..
1) Cristiano Ronaldo
2) Lionel Messi
3) Manuel Neuer.

Poll: Which of the following people in your opinion should be the worthy winner of that prestigious prize..

Ronaldo helped his team to the long awaited decima in may, while scoring a stunning 17 goals in the process, although he could do little to help his below par portugal team qualify from the group stage of the world cup; also winning the copa del ray during that period..

Messi, however failed to claim any silverware in 2014, though he did play a pivotal role in argentina's run into the world cup before falling at the last hurdle to germany. He also scored four goals in the process and was voted the tournaments best player: something Sepp Blatter thinks he didn't deserve.... Moreover he has broken several records by becoming the all time record scorer in the LIGA BBVA and the champions league, though the voting had been closed before these feats were achieved...(Unfortunately for him)..

Neuer went one better than messi by winning the world cup, cementing his reputation as the worlds best goalkeeper. He was instrumental in bayern winning 4 titles under pep guardiola in 2013-2014(including the bundesliga, club world cup,and supercup..) Only once has a goalkeeper won this award, and it was Lev Yashin in 1963,..

Me I think ronaldo or neuer should be given the award in all fairness,, messi should come third,,. I wouldn't be happy if messi wins that award or even takes second place.. Goalkeepers are not recognized these days.. But ronaldo has also been wonderful... So I go for ronaldo or neuer.. (Ronaldo 50.1%, neuer 49.9%) drop ur thoughts below let's see who wins...

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by DesChyko: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
CR7 all the way!!

He has retained his sublime form in front of goal since his return from the injury which hampered his performance at the World Cup.
His solo performances for Real Madrid is unrivalled.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
CR7! shikenah.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Lumyboi(m): 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Neuer imo. Wont v a better yr individually and in a team. Extremely brilliant
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by nickz(m): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
cristiano GOALnado......any other opinion is sentiment
if messi did what he did this year,believe me all this goons shouting neur would be saying messi deserves it.....
if neur deserves it based on world cup performance,why didn't fifa give him player of the tournament

1.cristiano ronaldo
2.manuel neur
3.lionel messi

ps:i'm not a madrid fan..........but you've gotta appreciate hardworksmiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
nickz:
if messi did what he did this year,believe me all this goons shouting neur would be saying messi deserves it.....
if neur deserves it based on world cup performance,why didn't fifa give him player of the tournament

1.cristiano ronaldo
2.manuel neur
3.lionel messi

read d op's post again, not only world cup. he won other trophies.

@op, since voting closed before messi's records, in all fairness

1) Neuer

2) Ronaldo

3) Messi

but I know it probably won't go this way, even if it did, trust FIFA to do what they're known for. so it'll probably end as...

1) Ronaldo

2) Messi

3) Neuer
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
Baddestguyp:
read d op's post again, not only world cup. he won other trophies.

@op, since voting closed before messi's records, in all fairness

1) Neuer

2) Ronaldo

3) Messi

but I know it probably won't go this way, even if it did, trust FIFA to do what they're known for. so it'll probably end as...

1) Ronaldo

2) Messi

3) Neuer
I really don't know y dey overlook goalies,, d@'s y enyeama lost out to brahimi for the BBC african player of the year..
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Lumyboi(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
nickz:

1.cristiano ronaldoiii
2.manuel neur
3.lionel messi

So gks are not working? Lol
It's just unfortunate that past glory contributes a lot. If not messi shld nt b in top 3. Neuer is definitely ahead of anyoda person this yr. These votings are all bias. What is pique and casillas doin in fifpro11. Casillas was not even the first keeper at Madrid. Smh. Fifa bn doin wuruwuru since ....
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by obi4eze(m): 8:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
Cristiano Ronaldo Aveiro dos Santos deserves the award.
NO CONTROVERSY
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
What facts do you have to back cr7?
2014 statistics says that Messi has 52 goals and 23 assists.
Cr7 has 55 goals and 16 assists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 7:10am On Dec 02, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:
Cristiano Ronaldo has without doubt had his best ever professional year individually, and has claimed the Champions League, the Golden Shoe and the record for the highest goalscorer in an edition of the Champions League, as well as the Copa del Rey and the top-scorer award in La Liga.

In the current season, he has won the European Super Cup, scoring both goals in the match, and is achieving spectacular figures such as his 20 goals in the first 12 matchdays of La Liga, which confirm his great moment of form and ensure that, more than ever, he is deserving of the Ballon d'Or.

There is no debate. CR7 is the World Best Player for 2014.

5 Likes

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:52am On Dec 02, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Cristiano Ronaldo has without doubt had his best ever professional year individually, and has claimed the Champions League, the Golden Shoe and the record for the highest goalscorer in an edition of the Champions League, as well as the Copa del Rey and the top-scorer award in La Liga.

In the current season, he has won the European Super Cup, scoring both goals in the match, and is achieving spectacular figures such as his 20 goals in the first 12 matchdays of La Liga, which confirm his great moment of form and ensure that, more than ever, he is deserving of the Ballon d'Or.

then i think u are insinuating that ribery should have won it last year.
Since he too won awards and trophies.
Lets be sincere, The award is not for ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by akinsadeez(m): 11:08am On Dec 02, 2014
Why isn't anyone talking about arjen Robben. For me he deserves to be the third person on that list instead of messi. Mess did nothing thruout last season except the world cup. Robben was fantastic last season for Bayern winning the bundesliga and the Dfb cup. He also got to the semi final of the champions league last season and almost single handedly dragged Netherlands into the world cup final. To me he has criminally overlooked.

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by omar22(m): 11:36am On Dec 02, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

If CR7 is measured by goals how will you measure Neuer.

The Ballon D'or is not base on who won the CL
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 02, 2014
Firstly, Messi has blown hot and cold over the last 12months.

Until recently, his performance level really dropped. Therefore, I don not see the reason why Messi should win this. At best he should come as Third.

That leaves the duo of C. Ronaldo and M. Neuer.

Both have been superb for club and country. Neuer really helped Germany to lift the WC for the first time in a long time. And altho C. Ronaldo's performance at the WC was way below par. It shouldn't however be forgotten that he was the sole reason Portugal even had an opportunity of participating in the quaterly mundial. (Remember how he single-handedly dismantled Ibra and his Sweedish boys?).

Having said that though, I think the fate of who wins it lies on the people who cast their votes.

Messi might just go ahead to nick more votes than his counterparts, underminig the fact that he was not as consistent as the other two. In that case, FIFA has no choice but to crown him the winner.

So the voting system is twisted in my opinion.

On a personal note, I would prefer a M. Neuer winning the award. The guy has been fantastic. Really superb goalie. These days people even forget there was a German goal-saving-wizard called Oliver Kahn; such has been the prowess of Neuer.

He has every thing counting for him - He won major trophies for club and country in 2014 (especially the biggest of 'em all). He was an integral part of the teams he represented. He may not have scored the goals to win games, but he sure did his part in ensuring the opposition didn't outscore his team.

The game against Algeria, in the round of 16 springs to mind. When he played an orthodox keeper-sweeper role to devastating effect to help German limp JUST past Algeria.

And countless number of superb performances for B. Munich.

They all deserve to win though. It's not easy been separated for distinction ahead of a million other colleauges and opponents. But me thinks for his heroics, Neuer deserves to be recognised with this year's award.
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Ayobami97(m): 11:48am On Dec 02, 2014
For me, C.ronaldo deserves it.

4 Likes

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Krasid(m): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
It is obvious who the winner will be.
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by DesChyko: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

Whatever statistics you're taking note of must start from Nov 30, 2013 and end on Nov 21st, 2014.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
YNeme3E:
I really don't know y dey overlook goalies,, d@'s y enyeama lost out to brahimi for the BBC african player of the year..
like seriously its really hard for a keeper to even get to top 3 no matter his performance. most of the people shouting cr7 and messi haven't even seen Neuer in action
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by D9ty7(m): 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
Abeg, what is the criteria used when it comes to individual award such as the Ballon 'd' or? Is it all about goals? Is it all about trophies won? Is it all about performance with the team? Let me make a few points here.
1. GOALS: If the Ballon d or is based on goals scored, then I think Manuel Neuer shouldn't be on that list. Goalkeepers don't score goals. Then I think the award should be between either Ronaldo or Messi. And Ronaldo has the upper hand here, but Ronaldo is a few goals ahead of Messi this calendar year.
2. TROPHIES: If it is all about trophies won, then Messi shouldn't be on that list. But hey! Ronaldo won eleven months ago even though he had a trophyless season. If it is all about tophies then I'll give it to Manuel Neuer. He was instrumental to Germany's world cup triumph in Brazil.
3. INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE: From my own perspective as a football fan and an analyst in my room and from my little experience as an amateur footballer. I'll give the award to either Manuel Neuer or Lionel Messi. I don't see Ronaldo as a team player, he seems to play for his own personal record. I am not saying his performances doesn't help his team but when he is unfit, the whole team would be unfit too.
His performances helped Real madrid win the UCL, he won the copa del rey, he won the uefa super cup. But I think this thing shouldn't be about goals and trophies alone, Messi is an overall team player, he scores goals as well as assists. Neuer doesn't do either of the two, but hey! He keep the scoreline in favour of his team.
Suprisingly, I am not a fan of any othe these players but I love Messi's personality on and off the pitch. I love Ronaldo for his ego on the pitch. I don't know much abt Neuer but I love him for what he does.
Just like Frank Ribery said, giving Ronaldo this award is all politics. I don't agree with that, Ronaldo deserves it.
Messi is often referred to as FIFA's boy. I equally believed he deserves to win this award too.
Neuer the world cup winner deserves too.
I'll love to see Neuer win the football most prestigious individual award come January 12 in Zurich. No hard feeling if either of Ronaldo or Messi wins.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Krasid(m): 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:
Wrong stats.
Messi has 52 goals and 21 assist in 62 games
Ronaldo has 55 goals and 19 assist in 55 games.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:04am On Dec 03, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

then i think u are insinuating that ribery should have won it last year.
Since he too won awards and trophies.
Lets be sincere, The award is not for ronaldo.
Did Ribery win the European Golden Boot? Was Ribery the highest Goal scorer in the Bundesliga? Did Ribery score two goals in the European Super Cup finals. So how can you relate the points I gave to CR7 to Ribery?

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:20am On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Did Ribery win the European Golden Boot? Was Ribery the highest Goal scorer in the Bundesliga? Did Ribery score two goals in the European Super Cup finals. So how can you relate the points I gave to CR7 to Ribery?
Ribery won every possible trophy last year and was the stand out star in bayern.
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:27am On Dec 03, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

Ribery won every possible trophy last year and was the stand out star in bayern.
Is that the same criteria I put for CR7? CR7's performance is beyond every trophy. He was the man who put the goals that landed Real Madrid the LA Decima. His goals won them the European Super Cup. His goal won them the Copa Del Rey. That is more than just winning everything.

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:21am On Dec 03, 2014
Cr7 all d way

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by buskie13(m): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3 is making so much sense so far....

Ronaldo for Balon Do'r or nothing else...

team#Cronaldo7.....

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:19am On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Is that the same criteria I put for CR7? CR7's performance is beyond every trophy. He was the man who put the goals that landed Real Madrid the LA Decima. His goals won them the European Super Cup. His goal won them the Copa Del Rey. That is more than just winning everything.
Ronaldo didnt decide any of the trophies u mentioned at all.

His goal at UCL final was just a penalty and didnt decide the outcome of the match.
And his goals is nowhere near winning everything.
The only diffrence between Messi and Cr7 this year is silverware and nothing individually because of statistics.
And i can also beat my chest to say Messi will finish as top scorer of 2014 and an assist lord.
I want to know the Criteria on which you Cr7 supporters want to give the award to him.
If you tell me trophies, i will say Cr7 won last years own out of politics, If you say goals, i will say the year isnt over yet as Ronaldo's scoring rate is reducing mathematically by 0.1 every match since november, and Messi has a slight increase from 0.5 to 1.2 per game now.
If you say World cup, I will remove cr7 from the top 3 and put Robben and rate Musa or Asamoah Gyan over Cr7.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Icon4s(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
This is Fifa award and not Laliga or Uefa award.
World Cup performance counts for more than club performance.
So Performance at The just concluded Fifa world cup is key.

Ronaldo had a very poor WC outing while Messi won the Golden boot.

At Laliga ånd Uefa level i will score Ronaldo 85 while Messi follows closely with 80. However, for the Fifa WC i will score Messi 70 while Ronaldo gets a 50. And that would make d différence.

Emmanuel Nuer is in top 3 bc of his WC performance.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
Icon4s:
This is Fifa award and not Laliga or Uefa award.
World Cup performance counts for more than club performance.
So Performance at The just concluded Fifa world cup is key.

Ronaldo had a very poor WC outing while Messi won the Golden boot.

At Laliga ånd Uefa level i will score Ronaldo 85 while Messi follows closely with 80. However, for the Fifa WC i will score Messi 70 while Ronaldo gets a 50. And that would make d différence.

Emmanuel Nuer is in top 3 bc of his WC performance.
emmanuel neuer,, lol, I lyk d@

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

His goal at UCL final was just a penalty and didnt decide the outcome of the match.
The only diffrence between Messi and Cr7 this year is silverware and nothing individually because of statistics.
And i can also beat my chest to say Messi will finish as top scorer of 2014 and an assist lord.
I want to know the Criteria on which you Cr7 supporters want to give the award to him.
If you tell me trophies, i will say Cr7 won last years own out of politics, If you say goals, i will say the year isnt over yet as Ronaldo's scoring rate is reducing mathematically by 0.1 every match since november, and Messi has a slight increase from 0.5 to 1.2 per game now.
If you say World cup, I will remove cr7 from the top 3 and put Robben and rate Musa or Asamoah Gyan over Cr7.
Read my statement again. I said his goals (ie. Being the highest goal scorer at the Champions league was the main reason Real Madrid won the champions league. Not just the goal in true final.
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

If Messi scores 100 goals from now until the awards, he would not land Barca the league or Champions league or European Super Cup.
Re: Ballon D'opinion: Who Should Win The Ballon D'or?? by omar22(m): 7:07am On Dec 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

I thought Gareth Bale's landed Copa Del Rey, actually hardly played in that competition. And he was poor in the semi's and Final of the CL, Thanks to Sergio Ramos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Pool Game Week 7 / What You Need To Know About Samuel Chukwueze,a School(mouau)drop Out.. / Faiq Bolkiah: The Leicester City Man Who Is The World Richest Footballer (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.