Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out (3340 Views)

Nigerian US Green Card Holder Visting Nigeria, And Returning To US From Nigeria / Canadian Visa(visting Or Study Permit) / Visting Lagos - What You Would Advise Me To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by MrLoverMAn(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2006
Will be visiting Lagos in December for Christmas after nearly 10 years

Hoping to stay about 3 weeks

I would like to know

a) Clubs to hangs out- with a decent crowd ( i.e professionals)
b) Places to hang out
c) What to do
d) The Dos and Don'ts

Any other useful information would be very helpful
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by OldGlory1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2006
Hang out on the Island, that is your best bet. Place like Soul Lounge,La Casa, Saipan, are all good places.
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by GNature(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2006
@Mrloverman

Nice to see you are going home

Check out this website. It should be useful
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by MrLoverMAn(m): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2006
@Gmature

Thanks for the link,I will def check it out
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by Oracle(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2006
I believe you are visiting from outside the country, even those in the country may not know where to hang out.
but one good place i've spent a December is CALABAR, Cross Rivers State.
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by MrLoverMAn(m): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2006
@ Oracle
Thanks for that.

Yes I will be visiting from UK.
Actually my cousin is planning on taking me to the Carnival in Calabar for Christmas.
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by katherinae(f): 1:31am On Sep 12, 2007
mrloverman

carnival in calabar, like in teh carribbean, do they dress like the girls,a dn are the guys as sexy?
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by ssRhino: 1:41am On Sep 12, 2007
Hang out and have fun while in nigeria, some of the donts are:
Dont argue with the nigerian cops, they are trigger happy
Never stop for no one on da highway as a Mr. Nice guy.
Never eat what you not sure of.
Drink only Eva water
Never sleep with a babe without double jacket, especially in abuja.
Dont expect a change when u buy anything.
Dont act too big to the local people.
some of the do(s) are:
Have fun, make friends, make good connections, dont expect too much, but see nigeria as a land of opportunity.
Safe trip my guy smiley
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by katherinae(f): 2:12am On Sep 12, 2007
YEAH me myself im goin in october, and im not even excited.
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by ssRhino: 2:24am On Sep 12, 2007
katherine, how cld you be going to nija and not be excited, the best nation in da world, my friend, get a lil excitement into you, biko
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by katherinae(f): 3:39am On Sep 12, 2007
i dont know bro, maybe when inm at the airport i wont have a choice but to get excited.
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by bigspif(m): 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2007
MrLoverMAn:

Will be visiting Lagos in December for Christmas after nearly 10 years

Hoping to stay about 3 weeks

I would like to know

a) Clubs to hangs out- with a decent crowd ( i.e professionals)
b) Places to hang out
c) What to do
d) The Dos and Don'ts

Any other useful information would be very helpful

Mr man if you carry dollars come and hangout with me jare, i go show you trip, my granpapa was one of the Lagos town planners grin grin grin
Safe journey ko !!
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by ssRhino: 2:53am On Sep 13, 2007
katherine, u will be fine, now i am so tempted to wanna go home too.
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by sfdaram(f): 9:39pm On Oct 12, 2007
@poster,

u can visit a place called FUN CITY in ikorodu, is new and you will like the place.
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2007
I am visiting naija too this Dec.Naija is a nice place to visit.
I don,t want to stay in Lagos just want to stay in Abuja but I don,t know nobody there.Is there any pretty girls in Abuja?
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by ifyalways(f): 5:17pm On Oct 14, 2007
I love the cattle ranch
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by ultimos: 7:38am On Oct 17, 2007
Welcome back home,i personally wish you a safe trip back home,here in lagos is nice in jesus name.Always move with your identification card,never move at odd times(at night without it) ,drive with your safety beltand your car particulars don't argue with the police or prove to know your rights. Get yourself busy in the work of God by going to church , a place really strong for God, so as to pray to Him to guide and protect you daily becos some envious poeple even if you choose to respect them might want to be blasphemous,strange things happen in this world ,so you need a lot of prayers,hang out with cool pple just has you said in friends&family gatherings etc.in holdups don't wind down the glass for too much space but if you want switch on the car airconditioner.
Pls do not offer lifts untill you are sure and if you choose to take public transport pray,take a little patience and wisdom they are generally rough,but take the one that is almost full never empty or "one chance" to make it complete. Onceagain welcome back.
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by babycool(f): 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2007
Mr lover lover, if u want to fufill ur name, come to abuja and visit Zone 4 OR ibiza at Gimbiya street, then u will get the loving of your life!!!! tongue wink
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by folahann(m): 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2007
Stylee tells it all
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by ultimos: 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2007
angry I am very serious that,as my name implies.
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by ifyalways(f): 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2007
come and watch the "ekpo festival and masquerade in my village"

grin wink grin wink grin cheesy
Re: Visting Nigeria In Dec - Where To Hang Out by Kc0022000(m): 7:07am On Nov 01, 2007
Get ready for stress each day of your three weeks there. Get ready for porthole, polluted air and malaria on your return to the UK. Hang out and have fun while in nigeria, some of the donts are:
Dont argue with the nigerian cops, they are trigger happy
Never stop for no one on da highway as a Mr. Nice guy.
Never eat what you not sure of.
Drink only Eva water
Never sleep with a babe without double jacket, especially in abuja.
Dont expect a change when u buy anything.
Dont act too big to the local people.
some of the do(s) are:
Have fun, make friends, make good connections, don't expect too much, but see nigeria as a land of opportunity.

Expect to stand on the line not less than 60min before you get your passport stamped at the arrival. Do thanks giving when you return

Avoid traveling around (Calabar,ABJ or Jos) cos there is no good road and no safe flight.Catch your fun however.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Good Hotels In Lagos Or Akure Ondo State / Migrating To Chile From Nigeria / Any Naija In Kuwait'abt 2 Fly 2 D Almighty Dinar World Strongest Money Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.