Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria (2769 Views)

Moving To Stream 2 / Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. / Are You Interested In Moderating This Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Adanne09: 12:21am On Dec 02, 2014
Hello all,

I am thinking about moving to Nigeria within the next few years. I have never lived in Nigeria so I do not know how anything works. Can people pm with information on how to:

Be able to choose Lagos State to do NYSC.
How to get a company like telecommunications, a bank, or other to hire you before your NYSC year.

Also please pm with any more info into what you feel is necessary for NYSC preparation into Nigeria
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by spartoo: 12:27am On Dec 02, 2014
u r really seeking for the best
u need connection
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa ...hope I spelt it right. Someone needs your help here.
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 02, 2014
Adanne09:
Hello all,

I am thinking about moving to Nigeria within thee next few years. I have never lived in Nigeria so I do not know how anything works. Can people pm with information on how to:

Be able to choose Lagos State to do NYSC.
How to get a company like telecommunications, a bank, or other to hire you before your NYSC year.

Also please pm with any more info into what you feel is necessary for NYSC preparation into Nigeria

You need to really ask yourself if you are indeed ready to move. Do you have relations here that can help you settle once you come in?
Do you know anyone who can offer you a job or are you going to go about applying? What's your degree like? Might be a good idea apply from where you are first, so you can get a feel of exactly how they regard your qualification.
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Adanne09: 2:52am On Dec 02, 2014
goofyone:

You need to really ask yourself if you are indeed ready to move. Do you have relations here that can help you settle once you come in?
Do you know anyone who can offer you a job or are you going to go about applying? What's your degree like? Might be a good idea apply from where you are first, so you can get a feel of exactly how they regard your qualification.

Thanks for your response.
Yes I have relatives in Nigeria to live with when I move. I want to go into the human resources field degree in the social sciences. How do I start applying to these jobs.

I'm looking into Flour Mills, Etisalat, banks, and any other corporation with a human resources department.
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Adanne09: 2:52am On Dec 02, 2014
@merlissa no tagging capability?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 6:00am On Dec 02, 2014
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 6:01am On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:
Merlissa ...hope I spelt it right. Someone needs your help here.

Yes you did... Am here
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Adanne09: 6:15am On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

Yes you did... Am here

I do not know how to send a pm. Where did you serve? How do you choose which organization to serve as well as city?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 7:01am On Dec 02, 2014
Adanne09:

I do not know how to send a pm. Where did you serve? How do you choose which organization to serve as well as city?

Foreign students don't get to choose where to serve anymore. You will have to do some under g runs to get posted to any state of your choice. I was posted to Ibadan and I served in a school. They send corpers to school only if you can work your PPA (Place of primary assignment) to the organization of your choice.

As a foreign student, you have to go Abuja to apply for the next batch. Any more questions?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

Foreign students don't get to choose where to serve anymore. You will have to do some under g runs to get posted to any state of your choice. I was posted to Ibadan and I served in a school. They send corpers to school only if you can work your PPA (Place of primary assignment) to the organization of your choice.

As a foreign student, you have to go Abuja to apply for the next batch. Any more questions?
Thanks for showing up. I hope he/she'll understand what you meant by "under G". Wow! You served in Ibadan? Served there too: 12C here...You?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 8:52am On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Thanks for showing up. I hope he/she'll understand what you meant by "under G". Wow! You served in Ibadan? Served there too: 12C here...You?

Cool... i was 12b.. LG was Ibadan south-west
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

Cool... i was 12b.. LG was Ibadan south-west
Served in the government house...guess that should be Ibadan North. Are you slim? Trying to see if you fit the profile of someone I saw at the secretariat then.
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 10:45am On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Served in the government house...guess that should be Ibadan North. Are you slim? Trying to see if you fit the profile of someone I saw at the secretariat then.

Am average.. I do come to LG.. I was part of the Skills Acquisition Facilitators at Iseyin camp.. I was one of them doing Ankara accessories in camp.
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

Am average.. I do come to LG.. I was part of the Skills Acquisition Facilitators at Iseyin camp.. I was one of them doing Ankara accessories in camp.
Aiite...didn't go to the Iseyin camp though. And I meant the main secretariat; not the LG. Did you go to the main secretariat often, especially the accounts dept. area? And the person I had in mind is light-skinned, are you?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 11:02am On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Aiite...didn't go to the Iseyin camp though. And I meant the main secretariat; not the LG. Did you go to the main secretariat often, especially the accounts dept. area? And the person I had in mind is light-skinned, are you?

wink wink wink wink

I never went to the accounts dept. But i do frequent secretariat..
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

wink wink wink wink

I never went to the accounts dept. But i do frequent secretariat..
Must've seen you then...how was it serving in the SouthWest area of IB? I practically had nothing to do at my PPA. So I stayed away. And where was your PPA?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 11:11am On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Must've seen you then...how was it serving in the SouthWest area of IB? I practically had nothing to do at my PPA. So I stayed away. And where was your PPA?

I was posted to Oke-Bola comprehensive school. And after CDs on thursday i'd go to Lagos. I enjoyed it. I made new friends and money too.. I started selling my works at CDs.. and people started following my steps cheesy cheesy wink wink
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

I was posted to Oke-Bola comprehensive school. And after CDs on thursday i'd go to Lagos. I enjoyed it. I made new friends and money too.. I started selling my works at CDs.. and people started following my steps cheesy cheesy wink wink
Haha...cool...Oke-Bola you say? From the name alone, I would never have accepted such a posting...lol...
I see...you're the business-minded type, huh?
Well, I worked on some projects too...and made some money for doing next to nothing. What was it you sold, your ankara products?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Haha...cool...Oke-Bola you say? From the name alone, I would never have accepted such a posting...lol...
I see...you're the business-minded type, huh?
Well, I worked on some projects too...and made some money for doing next to nothing. What was it you sold, your ankara products?

yes i sold my ankara crafts.. i even taught some students for free at my school. I was a stubborn corper with angelic face so nobody would ever suspect me of anything.. It was a year of fun eventually and also a successful year too.
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

yes i sold my ankara crafts.. i even taught some students for free at my school. I was a stubborn corper with angelic face so nobody would ever suspect me of anything.. It was a year of fun eventually and also a successful year too.
Lmao @ the bolded. Wish I had as much fun. It was a great year for me, but that had nothing to do with NYSC. So you stayed at challenge?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Lmao @ the bolded. Wish I had as much fun. It was a great year for me, but that had nothing to do with NYSC. So you stayed at challenge?

Na soo.. Am a gentle geh don't worry grin

I stayed at Bodija..

Ib dry sha!!

I was there when they opened shoprite... That day was infact, i don't know what to say!
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

Na soo.. Am a gentle geh don't worry grin

I stayed at Bodija..

Ib dry sha!!

I was there when they opened shoprite... That day was infact, i don't know what to say!
Really? Where in Bodija? I stayed in New Bodija. Oh...the Shoprite saga...IB people flocked there and rarely made purchases...smh
Yup...IB is dry. Can confirm that...lol
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Really? Where in Bodija? I stayed in New Bodija. Oh...the Shoprite saga...IB people flocked there and rarely made purchases...smh
Yup...IB is dry. Can confirm that...lol

I stayed at new bodija too.. not far from foodco...
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

I stayed at new bodija too.. not far from foodco...
Stayed really close to foodco too. Did you stay on Awolowo road, or Aare avenue? And that's quite a distance from your PPA. Serious corper...lol
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Stayed really close to foodco too. Did you stay on Awolowo road, or Aare avenue? And that's quite a distance from your PPA. Serious corper...lol

Closer to Aare avenue... Told you i was a stubborn corper with an angelic face...
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

Closer to Aare avenue... Told you i was a stubborn corper with an angelic face...
Lol...Angelic face indeed.
Cool...same here...you knew any corps members in the area?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 2:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Cool...same here...you knew any corps members in the area?

There were like 4 living on my street. But i never got to get their names.
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

There were like 4 living on my street. But i never got to get their names.
Are you a lone ranger? Lol
Care to send a PM? Getting too personal for NL IMO.
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Adanne09: 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

No, I do not understand what under g means. I will use my passport to prove that I am a foreigner I cannot live in a random area. Does one have to stay at camp? Or can they commute to camp for those three weeks?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 8:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
Adanne09:

No, I do not understand what under g means. I will use my passport to prove that I am a foreigner I cannot live in a random area. Does one have to stay at camp? Or can they commute to camp for those three weeks?

Under G means bribe..

You don't need to show your passport. Your certificate is what is needed as prove.. The passport is just to show the date of entry..

You have to stay on camp just for 3weeks.. Don't worry you will see your fellow foreigners so no need to form butty cheesy

It's fun trust me. I was a foreign student and I survived. So have fun!!
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Adanne09: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
Merlissa:

Under G means bribe..

You don't need to show your passport. Your certificate is what is needed as prove.. The passport is just to show the date of entry..

You have to stay on camp just for 3weeks.. Don't worry you will see your fellow foreigners so no need to form butty cheesy

It's fun trust me. I was a foreign student and I survived. So have fun!!

Okay what about food at camp? Is food from mami market good or is it FIR(food is ready) food?

(1) (2) (Reply)

December Allawee / My Sister PRE NYSC Picture.....#corper#latest / What Went Down Today At The INEC Training For Youth Corpers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.