Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria (2775 Views)

Moving To Stream 2 / Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. / Are You Interested In Moderating This Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by spartoo: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
Adanne09:

Okay what about food at camp? Is food from mami market good or is it FIR(food is ready) food?

food for that way na konja konja oo.. street things
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Adanne09: 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
spartoo:

food for that way na konja konja oo.. street things

What does konja konja mean?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
Adanne09:

No, I do not understand what under g means. I will use my passport to prove that I am a foreigner I cannot live in a random area. Does one have to stay at camp? Or can they commute to camp for those three weeks?
Under G in this context could mean two things:
1.) Getting the desired posting through the influence of someone high up in government, a VIP, or a top NYSC official. If you know any VIPs or famous Nigerians, they probably have contacts in the NYSC...so they could link you up.

2.) The second option equates to bribery. Bribing mid-level NYSC officials to get favours. I wouldn't advice that though. Doesn't work sometimes.

Option 1. would be my choice move of the two.

Yes, you have to stay in camp for the 3-week orientation programme. But you could use option 1 or 2 circumvent that system.

Lol...showing you're a foreigner might not get you a favourable posting...but if you have medical issues, allergies, et cetera, that could work.

It all depends on who you know, and what you're working with. But people do get lucky...even if you got a "bad" posting, you could always repost.

1 Like

Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
Adanne09:

Okay what about food at camp? Is food from mami market good or is it FIR(food is ready) food?
Mahn! Food is wack!!! Not to worry...mami market food should be better.
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
Adanne09:

Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by spartoo: 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
Adanne09:

What does konja konja mean?

not something anybody would like

1 Like

Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 2:04am On Dec 03, 2014
Adanne09:

Depends on the camp you go to. For me it was mami market
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Adanne09: 11:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
Merlissa:

Depends on the camp you go to. For me it was mami market

Mami market food taste good and is edible?
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Merlissa(f): 1:22am On Dec 04, 2014
Adanne09:

Mami market food taste good and is edible?

It's ok
Re: New To Nairaland And Interested In Moving To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 05, 2014
Moving to Nigeria you need contacts to make your time worthwhile @Adanne .
We can chat about every other thing.28b5a830.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sister PRE NYSC Picture.....#corper#latest / Nysc For Noun Graduates, How True? / When Is Nysc Batch A 2012 Pop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.