Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates (9045 Views)

Mallforafrica And Their Charges. / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Micostarmall Vs Chrisvicmall Vs Okwaifugo Integrated Shipping... Anyother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by incrediblestev: 6:34am On Dec 02, 2014
Actually, I opened this thread to get the input of people that have used either of these two online stores to buy items from major American online stores and ship them to Nigeria. I want to relate my experience and observations from using the two of them to make purchases and comparing their invoices and charges. Anyway, I ended up using MallforAfrica whose charges were way better in comparison to MicostarMall that was going to cost me an additional N6000 to buy and ship the same quantity of items MallforAfrica had charged me less for.

Anyway, enough of the gist, let me illustrate with pictures of their invoices. Notice the quantity of the same items are the same but with slightly differing cost(Probably because of the fluctuating Dollar to Naira rate) and while I was busy trying to figure out which one to use the cost of one of the products was increased by Amazon by an additional $2 which reflected in the invoice of MallforAfrica but not on that of MicostarMall.
Below are invoices from MicostarMall and MallforAfrica comparing side by side, the second pair of pictures show the products and their charges in dollars and Naira equivalence.

Well, like I said before, I opted for the cheaper one of course. However, I will like to see people post their experiences with these online stores, who delivers better on promises and whose services are better. Please your contributions are highly needed and welcomed, especially those that have used them before. Moderators please put this in the front page if you can.

2 Likes

Re: MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by bigtt76(f): 6:43am On Dec 02, 2014
Very difficult to say though but always choosing where the best offer lies may not always be the best and vice versa undecided
Re: MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by incrediblestev: 6:50am On Dec 02, 2014
My first time using any of them, I am not sure on who is better at delivering on promises but I must confess that the price difference was just too damn much for it not to be a deciding factor. What is your experience with any of them?
bigtt76:
Very difficult to say though but always choosing where the best offer lies may not always be the best and vice versa undecided
Re: MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by bigtt76(f): 6:57am On Dec 02, 2014
A key factor into selecting them lies in the cost of delivery which should not be same as cost of purchase else its not profitable. Then also time and mode of delivery matters.

So use registered courier services such as Fedex, DHL etc from US hence the cost. Others batch load onto cargo flights coming into Nigeria. All these affect the cost of delivery as they also have to battle with other factors such as Customs locally ...read here for a little insight - https://www.nairaland.com/2010838/pandemonium-lagos-airport-customs-agents

incrediblestev:
My first time using any of them, I am not sure on who is better at delivering on promises but I must confess that the price difference was just too damn much for it not to be a deciding factor. What is your experience with any of them?
Re: MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by rhymz(m): 7:10am On Dec 02, 2014
I think the two online stores are well established and have well arranged structure for delivery in any part of the country and even Africa. For instance, they both do door to door deliveries, charge you for customers and duty fees so one does not have to deal with all that clearing of goods wahala. Mallforafrica has more pickup offices than Micostarmall, the very remarkable price difference is just not justifiable since they both have similar structures. The only thing I am yet to confirm is who is more likely to meet up or stay within the confines of the days they promise for delivery.
Re: MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by ndigbo: 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
Onyema, na you be this? you dey buy medicine online, wetin dey you?
Re: MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by rhymz(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lol..... Bueze.... When you reach house we discuss that one.
Re: MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by sirmax1759: 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
On my own opinion, i would be take my time very well before jumping into any one.
I would rather go for the one that has the best customer services whether expensive, because, you see, shopping internationally is totally different from shopping at local vendor. One need a company that can guarantee the safety of his/her product. If mall for Africa can guaranteed my goods to get to me on time and in tack, i will go for them and also, if MicoStar mall is the best in customer service, i will go for them.
Safety first.

That's my opinion.
Re: MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by debadest: 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
I have used both companies and I can tell you MicoStar Mall is better and the best. I guess this is why MicoStar Mall is rated as the best and safest way to shop abroad from Nigeria. I was very disappointed with the delay with the goods from Mall for Africa and was told because their US office is in California it takes longer time for delivery to Nigeria. While MicoStar Mall's US office is in Florida (right by the US port) so their delivery is quicker from US. Regarding the rates I got a better deal from MicoStar Mall with NO additional charge on arrival in Nigeria. I realized what some companies do is to give you a low shipping/clearing/duty fee and when your goods arrive Lagos they start asking for additional payment.
Re: MicostarMall Vs Mallforafrica Charges and Rates by Chydobe: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
Have ever taught of how to purchase items directly from US and UK online stores and get it delivered locally precisely Africa? The first question is, "can this be achievable?". First and foremost the answer is Yes!!! It is 100%possible. However there is a convenient, safe, and fast way to purchase items directly from US and UK online stores and receive them in Africa. You don't need to travel abroad for shopping. With the high cost of international round-ticket, you could save and buy more items from your home. Install Mallforafrica browser or mobile app...

Click on the link below for more information

http://www.newzified.com/purchase-items-directly-from-us-and-uk-in-africa-download-mailforafrica-app-www-mallforafrica-com/

(1) (Reply)

Goods Worth Millions Destroyed As Fire Guts Bababa Plaza, Wunti Market, Bauchi / Any Alternatives To Western Union And Money Gram? / 3 Ways To Make Money From Cryptocurrency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.