Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Is It A Culture That Men Must Abuse Women? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It A Culture That Men Must Abuse Women? (501 Views)

Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. / Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? / Do African Americans Have A Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Culture That Men Must Abuse Women? by IcebergKaura(m): 7:46am On Dec 02, 2014
I was reading a book yesterday, and I came across something disturbing.
it says things about how young girls from the age of 12 and above are been sexually abused and how women are been treated in their homes and society.

This abuse is the cause of 1,000 deaths everyday.
This is what a man said when asked why he beats his wife daily '' my wife talks much. once she starts you can't stop her. Beating is the only language she understands.

a 19 year old third year medical student of a nigerian university. An only child,/lost her mum when she was only 6 years old. Her father refused to re_marry and everyone thought, he must have loved his wife alot../but when she was only 14 years old, her father came into her room and forcefully violated her. It became normal practice since then. Her father threatens to withdraw his sponsorship of her education if she refuses. And beat her mercilessly if she doesn't summit. She said as soon as she starts her housemanship I will leave his house.

Many are in the same situation but can't report or let anyone know about it cause of fear..

I think its time we do something about it before its too late..
This is my own part you can add yours to safe the girl child from these pains.
Re: Is It A Culture That Men Must Abuse Women? by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 02, 2014
Sadly, you're right.
Women are abused daily around the world.
But isn't in culture for men to abuse women.

(1) (Reply)

Why Tribalism In Nigeria Should Die A Peaceful Death / The Annoying Habit Of Security Personnels Begging For Tips. / Nigerians And Wikipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.