Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) (11798 Views)

Cheat Ing Men Dont Need Prayers. They Need To Be Kicked To The Curb / His Valentine Card Melted My Heart As Usual / Traffic Jam In Abuja – The Usual Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by pharuk: 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hi Folks,

So he is an Urhobo man, married to a Caribbean lady and resides in Europe (emphasis in Europe because not everyone can even pronounce his name, the idea would be to get a short easy name)

They are expecting a baby girl soon and both running out of ideas for an urhobo name

They already have a first name and his wife insists on having an Urhobo second name.

I have checked the popular sites (Wadoo, cutebabynamez.com) and nothing really sticks.

Will appreciate suggestions of names and the meaning

Many thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Merlissa(f): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
Efe (don't know the full name)

Eyiomare (short form Eyioma)

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by menix(m): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
Nuvie or kuvie

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by pharuk: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
menix:
Nuvie or kuvie
sounds great smiley
do you know the meaning
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by ojeota(f): 1:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
Efe means riches
... Ochuko(protection), omena( this is my own), omote(girl), kobiruo(thank you).
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by menix(m): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
pharuk:

sounds great smiley
do you know the meaning
Nope buh u can ask som1 frm dat area.
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by lilmax(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Efemena

4 Likes

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
Elozino
Enajite
Ufuoma
Kesiena
Ejioke (not sure of the spelling)

Beautiful names wink

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by 5minsmadness: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
I've got one...

Ekuakuaruwherhenrhurhoboburon.

If you want the long form let me know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by sexybash(f): 3:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
Try
Rukewe
Or onajite tongue

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by DaGC(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
Onome
Okiemute
Ojevwe
Efemena (Personal favourite)
Ufuoma
Ovoke
Kparobo
Erhigbare
Ochuko
Ofejiro
Tega
Rukevwe
Edesiri
Ojevwe
Kome
Igho
Ovie
Etc

3 Likes

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by pharuk: 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
5minsmadness:
I've got one...

please tell me this is a joke, imagine a white man`s face trying to pronounce that :8

Feeling blessed already

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by eripecs(f): 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
oke- gift fego
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by figur: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
Oreva
Toma
Iro
Onuvie
Mine

3 Likes

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by ifyalways(f): 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Onome
Ochuko
Ighodaro
Uvie

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by KanwuliaJara: 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
OBOKOMENA!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by rezzy: 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
DaGC:
Onome
Okiemute
Ojevwe
Efemena (Personal favourite)
Ufuoma
Ovoke
Kparobo
Erhigbare
Ochuko
Ofejiro
Tega
Rukevwe
Edesiri
Ojevwe
Kome
Igho
Ovie
Etc

Humm, most of these names have Oghene at the front or back. And besides, Kome is an Isoko name, Ovie is a boy's name
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by rezzy: 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
figur:
Oreva
Toma
Iro
Onuvie
Mine

Oreva , Iruo, is an isoko name

2 Likes

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by harmlessphil(f): 2:43am On Dec 03, 2014
Obruche
Ejenawo
Tobore
Efemena
Fejiro
Elohor.

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by lafflaff123(m): 4:53am On Dec 03, 2014
Atutupoyoyo

Ogbibilaka

Ajamkawa
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by DaGC(m): 7:17am On Dec 03, 2014
rezzy:

Humm, most of these names have Oghene at the front or back. And besides, Kome is an Isoko name, Ovie is a boy's name

True, some of them has 'Oghene' in its full form, but Kome's not only an Isoko name. From the full name you'll know. While Ovie is a multi gender name.

Well, for better choices, ask your parents. Oldies never seem to run out of names smiley

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by rezzy: 7:30am On Dec 03, 2014
DaGC:

True, some of them has 'Oghene' in its full form, but Kome's not only an Isoko name. From the full name you'll know. While Ovie is a multi gender name.

Well, for better choices, ask your parents. Oldies never seem to run out of names smiley

Isoko - Oghenekome while urhobo is Oghenekevwe meaning God gave me.

Ovie means king so it cant be a unisex name

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Jamean(f): 7:35am On Dec 03, 2014
Mejire - Praise
Ufuomanefe - Peace & wealth
Edesiri - Day of grace
Eguriase - Good destiny
Kparobo - Victory
Omamuyovwi - Good head
Onajomo - This is also a child
Omoerere - Child is a reward
Omojefe - Child is more than wealth
Odafe - Wealthy person

2 Likes

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by loyibo: 7:59am On Dec 03, 2014
Seconding the asking of parents. My dad was very helpful in naming our daughter.

Ejiro
Mijiro
Efetobore
Mitaire
Omena

You can put the short form of the name on the birth cert and leave out the Oghene.
Kevwe
Garen
Rukevwe
Ovo

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by austine4real(m): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2014
Name her brazillian hair
okokomaiko
coke& fanta
himalt& maltez
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by DaGC(m): 11:15am On Dec 03, 2014
rezzy:

Isoko - Oghenekome while urhobo is Oghenekevwe meaning God gave me.

Ovie means king so it cant be a unisex name

Once dated a girl who bears Ovie as her name. My elder sis also has a girlfriend who bears same. Don't wanna argue. I rest my case.
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by rezzy: 11:33am On Dec 03, 2014
DaGC:

Once dated a girl who bears Ovie as her name. My elder sis also has a girlfriend who bears same. Don't wanna argue. I rest my case.

Ok. No vex, im just looking at the meaning.
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by rezzy: 11:37am On Dec 03, 2014
austine4real:
Name her brazillian hair
okokomaiko
coke& fanta
himalt& maltez

Why not Lekki, Banana Island, VGC, Victoria Island, Ikoyi? Okokomaiko na wealthy people dey there na
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by austine4real(m): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2014
rezzy:

Why not Lekki, Banana Island, VGC, Victoria Island, Ikoyi? Okokomaiko na wealthy people dey there na
lolx
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Henrypraise: 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
I will first ask: wat part of urhobo?

Takin 4 instance d followin names means same tin in dia category but slightly diff spellins n pronounciation:

Rumene--okpe
Rukeme--Uvwie/ agbon
Rukevwe--agbaro/ orogun
Rukoma--isoko

Mamekpe--uvwie
Mamuyovwi--agbaro/ orogun
Mamuromu--okpe
Mamuzo--isoko

Onome--agbaro n d rest of urhobo
Oneme--Okpe n uvwie

Akpevwe--d rest of urhobo
Akpemie--okpe/ uvwie

Ochuko--d rest of urhobo
Othuke--isoko

So wat part of urhobo does ur person cum from?

I wud chose d popular Akpos 4 dem, its a unisex name, its popular n its easy to pronouce.

Howeva, if u lookin 4 sumtin difficult, go 4 "Orhienosonobrugwebruru" or "ekpakpasimaga"

5 Likes

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by rezzy: 8:03am On Dec 04, 2014
Henrypraise:
I will first ask: wat part of urhobo?

Howeva, if u lookin 4 sumtin difficult, go 4 "Orhienosonobrugwebruru" or "ekpakpasimaga"

Short form for that name will be Maga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by mystiqueDZ(f): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2014
5minsmadness:
I've got one...

Lmao...you sure got u 5minsmadness!

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Bathed Me With A Poisonous Substance, Wife Tells Court / Christian Marriage Is Not For Better For Worse......not Biblical / He Wants More Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.