Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,436 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:55 PM

My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express (21693 Views)

10 Killed In Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Victims Of The Lagos-Ibadan Express Fire-Accident Die - Graphic Photos / Trailer Kills 30 Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by NaijaOptimist: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
Never board a private car that you don't know the owner on express roads.

Even public buses are also risky thus days.

In all may Gods protection be on us all.

1 Like

Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by equlibrium(m): 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ethereal0110:
My recent One-chance Experience along Lagos/Ibadan Express

This was last week Saturday 29/11/2014 between 1-2pm

I was going to drop an item for a client @ a filling station close to ojodu berger, after I had finished with the clients I went to the bus stop, but there was no bus. That seemed funny to me because earlier buses were all over the place, so I waited until a vehicle (Golf) came by and asked where I was going. I told him "Mowe".

He said "one hundred naira", to which I agreed and boarded.

I met one guy at the back seat, one in front and then the driver. We had not gone far when the driver started asking for the fare.

He said he wants to get fuel at the next fuel station. However, I noticed that I was the only one who gave him money, even though the driver actually asked everyone in the vehicle for their money, I thought to myself.

I looked at the guy seated beside me at the backseat. He was wearing a reserved smile.

I looked away, but not up to 5 minutes drive from where I was picked the driver stopped, and was talking to the guy seated beside me. Their conversation went thus…..

Driver : Oga na the place be this Ooh na here you go come down
(looking outside at the Multi Trex chocolate factory which was at opposite side of the road).

Guy : Go open your boot make I carry my bag.

Driver : Ehen!! wetin you say you carry inside that ya bag?
(I was beginning to suspect them, I was waiting for one of them to mention money- in -the -boot)

Guy : My documents and some other tins.

Driver : So if no be dat woman wey come down for Opic with 2 cartons of Gala, I no for know say na money you carry inside that bag.

(and they did mention it, I looked around to make sure all of my items were in my bag, my hands went strait to the door, I opened and came down swiftly beyond my imagination, I didn’t even utter any word I just walked away from them, I didn’t allow them to finish their scene, they speed off immediately I came down).

I went strait to where I can get a bus, and I kept thinking wat the f**K just happened!!! What if that one hundred naira was the only cash at hand what will
I do, jeeesus!!!

I was just laughing inside me.

PLEASE… I decided to share this so that others will be carefull, if you are reading this please inform your friends that these guys have resumed business again and their strategy has not changed,

Private cars usually pick people on the express and they collect money just like commercial transporters, with this kind of experience I don’t think I will ever take private cars again,.

I thank God for his divine protection smiley

That very day i was having mental overload; i had too much in my mind, and these Mofo's want to come and add their own to it angry.

My sense was abused angry, and that's one of the reason i was pissed and never uttered any word. sad

one of the most well written pieces I read on nlnd in a while.
you go school

1 Like

Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
hmmmm things are really happening may we not fall in the hands of the evil ones.
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by An2elect2(f): 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
Oh!
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by repogirl(f): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
In Abuja here the colored cabs are the ones untrustworthy, I've heard soooo many tales about those colored taxis.
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by mabeni(m): 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
they are not one chance but 419ers.
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Booty4me: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
Pictures of you giving the driver 100 naira or ?
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by AJ01(m): 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Laughing in French grin
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by tellwisdom: 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Op, have u entered a car before??....because u saw one and u think u can utilize that opportunity sad...Just thank God that they didn't squeeze ur breàst....E for still dey pain u by now sad

1 Like

Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by KHAYGOLD(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
I've seen HELL. in my life. I've once taken away by ritualist, but God saves me.Anyway, I don't wanna talk about it cos its really a bad and horrific memory. Please, don't ask how it happened. Thanks for your understanding.
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by 1stola: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ethereal0110:

I was going to drop an item for a client @ a filling station close to ojodu berger, after I had finished with the clients I went to the bus stop, but there was no bus. That seemed funny to me because earlier buses were all over the place, so I waited until a vehicle (Golf) came by and asked where I was going. I told him "Mowe".

I met one guy at the back seat, one in front and then the driver. We had not gone far when the driver started asking for the fare.

He said he wants to get fuel at the next fuel station. However, I noticed that I was the only one who gave him money, even though the driver actually asked everyone in the vehicle for their money, I thought to myself.

I looked at the guy seated beside me at the backseat. He was wearing a reserved smile.

I looked away, but not up to 5 minutes drive from where I was picked the driver stopped, and was talking to the guy seated beside me. Their conversation went thus…..

(looking outside at the Multi Trex chocolate factory which was at opposite side of the road).

(I was beginning to suspect them, I was waiting for one of them to mention money- in -the -boot)

Driver : So if no be dat woman wey come down for Opic with 2 cartons of Gala, I no for know say na money you carry inside that bag.

(and they did mention it, I looked around to make sure all of my items were in my bag, my hands went strait to the door, I opened and came down swiftly beyond my imagination, I didn’t even utter any word I just walked away from them, I didn’t allow them to finish their scene, they speed off immediately I came down).

I went strait to where I can get a bus, and I kept thinking wat the f**K just happened!!! What if that one hundred naira was the only cash at hand what will
I do, jeeesus!!!

PLEASE… I decided to share this so that others will be carefull, if you are reading this please inform your friends that these guys have resumed business again and their strategy has not changed,

Private cars usually pick people on the express and they collect money just like commercial transporters, with this kind of experience I don’t think I will ever take private cars again,.

That very day i was having mental overload; i had too much in my mind, and these Mofo's want to come and add their own to it angry.

My sense was abused angry, and that's one of the reason i was pissed and never uttered any word. sad
This their method is very funny and becoming stale.
They also use charms too to hypnotize or confuse you.
I don escape dem too before...
IT IS CALLED ONE MILLION DOLLARS SCAM. RUN !
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Ethereal0110(f): 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
No na college i go....,
equlibrium:

one of the most well written pieces I read on nlnd in a while.
you go school
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by sparkleboy(m): 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
This exact thing happened to me one day, I was in a hurry so I just dropped and told them to go ahead and do whatever they like with the ghana must go load of dollar bills cash. I left the three of them In their golf car and walked away. Thank God I wasn't greedy enough to want to share in the suppossed loot.
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Wisegeek01(m): 9:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
"One guy was at the back seat, one in front and then the driver"

That's a typical One chance setting

Probably you were so much in a hurry to notice* undecided

All the same Thank God you're safe" smiley
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by rossyc(f): 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
eemalex:
Exactly this tactics was used on my friend before you know it they would tell you they have to split the money in the boot and immediately you get involved in the splitting, you are gone
. As in taking ur belongings or?
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by rossyc(f): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
eemalex:
Exactly this tactics was used on my friend before you know it they would tell you they have to split the money in the boot and immediately you get involved in the splitting, you are gone
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Ethereal0110(f): 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
See where ur mind dey go, i tink u don take 3 bottles of ur favorite drinks abi?
tellwisdom:
Op, have u entered a car before??....because u saw one and u think u can utilize that opportunity sad...Just that God they didn't squeeze ur breàst....if for dey pain u now sad
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Ethereal0110(f): 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thank U.
Wisegeek01:
"One guy was at the back seat, one in front and then the driver"

That's a typical One chance setting

Probably you were so much in a hurry to notice* undecided

All the same Thank God you're safe" smiley
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by azpekuliar: 9:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
OP,

You just ran into con men still using one of the oldest tricks in the business. They weren't "one chance" robbers.
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Ethereal0110(f): 9:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
Have u ever seen me before
yuzedo:
soooooo, wit ur big brest u didnt have persona jip?! undecided angry
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by eleko1: 9:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
sadThank God for his mercy.Thank God u nor sat in-between those peeps,we for dey talk anoda story.He that keepth U will not sleep/slumber sad
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by rezzy: 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
Dec 3rd last year, a colleague of mine was robbed this same way. Her 2 phones, some cash on her and 50k from her account.

She is a young girl and has never heard of such tactics in her life.
She entered a cab from Ikota lekki to Sangotedo. When they got to VGC, the cab turned back to lekki. She said she was shouting, but there was no way she could come down because its a golf that has 2 doors and she was sitting in btw 2 man. When they got to Igbo efon, they dropped her, by then, they av taken all and her ATM which she gave them the password.

Before she realise herself and people encouraged her to run to d bank, her money don disappear from her account.
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ethereal0110:

I do, jeeesus!!!

Increase your prayers and glorify God also.

Thousands have fallen victims to these people.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by oluromeo(m): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thank your stars that you were aware of their tricks...

Unlucky for me someone in my family felt victim of them about five weeks ago within Ibadan, going to J-Allen at Cocoa House from Challenge, the cabs on the queue at the garage was empty, so she decided to go get the ones that picks passengers on the go (Soole), before they could get to Mobil bus/stop, they had done their evil work, she gave them 10k the first day she entered their God forsaken cab and later went to give them 40k the next day, they nearly carried her away but with God's intervention she was dropped off at Ibadan/Ife express way... only the good God knows how the people that witnessed the Shoka scenario got there...

May the good God's protection never cease from us...

Ethereal0110:

I do, jeeesus!!!

Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by deewon56: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ethereal0110:

I do, jeeesus!!!

thank God 4 been saved
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Ethereal0110(f): 9:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
U are welcome..
emiraty:

Increase your prayers and glorify God also.

Thousands have fallen victims to these people.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by KLand(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
You are a Smart girl. I am glad you escaped unhurt. Those people are dangerous. Thank God for you sha.
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Ethereal0110(f): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
I feel ur pain, but try 2 4get ok...
KHAYGOLD:
I've seen HELL. in my life. I've once taken away by ritualist, but God saves me.Anyway, I don't wanna talk about it cos its really a bad and horrific memory. Please, don't ask how it happened. Thanks for your understanding.
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by DaBullIT(m): 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
menix:
Brodaly I will say ur God is alive, cous diz 1 wey u enta nah childs play. If u enta dat 1 wey b say immediately ur sense go off, we 4 jst miss anoda nairalander..

Safety nd health bcomes our portion dis festive season..

Sense don get switch ?
Re: My Recent One-chance Experience Along Lagos/ibadan Express by Ethereal0110(f): 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thanks
KLand:
You are a Smart girl. I am glad you escaped unhurt. Those people are dangerous. Thank God for you sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

USA To Deport 7000 Ghanaians Today / Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers / Installation Of Traffic Lights At The Omololu Olunloyo Airport Road in Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.