Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! (5475 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Urgent Help; I Forgot My Gtbank Account Number. / My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by SmooshCHN: 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hello, please I'm Sorry if this is not the proper means to get or ask for solution to my problem. I moved from Nigeria to study in China since last year and never had issues with Using my GTBank GTcreate MasterCard until last week when I received more than my usual spending or transfer and my card has been blocked since last week. I really need to use it as soon as possible to avoid issues with studying here before next week. Cardservices@gtbank.com has been able to help me concerning this issue as well as cardriskintl@gtbank.com which I got a mail titled "Irregular Transaction Alert" please help me or direct me to proper channel to get help. I got through to the GTConnect customer and provided my bank details and later told the card has been unblocked and I was to try in 5mins time. Now I tried again. Still the same situation. Please someone direct or help me. Thanks
Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by Movesz(m): 3:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
I dont care
Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by SmooshCHN: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
Movesz:
I dont care
I'm really serious. You really don't have to comment if you cannot help me..
Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by bigtt76(f): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
You may need to confirm to the bank true ownership of the card as they probably blocked it to prevent it from being used fraudulently. China and some Asian + Eastern European countries are regarded as high risk when it comes to card usage. Seeing transactions on the card coming from that end must have triggered an alert.

Send GTBank a strong worded email including the scan copy of the card (NOTE: bloat out the middle numbers on the card expose just de first 6 and last 4 digits). They might be able to assist you.

SmooshCHN:
Hello, please I'm Sorry if this is not the proper means to get or ask for solution to my problem. I moved from Nigeria to study in China since last year and never had issues with Using my GTBank GTcreate MasterCard until last week when I received more than my usual spending or transfer and my card has been blocked since last week. I really need to use it as soon as possible to avoid issues with studying here before next week. Cardservices@gtbank.com has been able to help me concerning this issue as well as cardriskintl@gtbank.com which I got a mail titled "Irregular Transaction Alert" please help me or direct me to proper channel to get help. I got through to the GTConnect customer and provided my bank details and later told the card has been unblocked and I was to try in 5mins time. Now I tried again. Still the same situation. Please someone direct or help me. Thanks
Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by SmooshCHN: 5:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
bigtt76:
You may need to confirm to the bank true ownership of the card as they probably blocked it to prevent it from being used fraudulently. China and some Asian + Eastern European countries are regarded as high risk when it comes to card usage. Seeing transactions on the card coming from that end must have triggered an alert.

Send GTBank a strong worded email including the scan copy of the card (NOTE: bloat out the middle numbers on the card expose just de first 6 and last 4 digits). They might be able to assist you.

Thanks for taking your time. I was able to do that and was told they've unblocked it and asked me to try in 5mins which I did But the card still has the same problem. I'll try ask my parents to reach the bank. Thank you for your care and concern bigtt76

1 Like

Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by bigtt76(f): 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
Keep calling them and they would do it for you since they asked you to try back in 5 mins.

SmooshCHN:
Thanks for taking your time. I was able to do that and was told they've unblocked it and asked me to try in 5mins which I did But the card still has the same problem. I'll try ask my parents to reach the bank. Thank you for your care and concern bigtt76
Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by Movesz(m): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
SmooshCHN:
I'm really serious. You really don't have to comment if you cannot help me..
na who send you..im here for the fp spot light
Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
It because you went to use it for fraudulent transaction

1 Like

Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by kolin4ril99(m): 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
I have faced this thing before, just call the number on the card, I mean the phone number, and explain yourself to them.

They will want to know if you are truly the owner of the account .
They will ask of your name , as well as the account number.

Good luck bro
Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by SmooshCHN: 2:33am On Dec 03, 2014
kolin4ril99:
I have faced this thing before, just call the number on the card, I mean the phone number, and explain yourself to them.

They will want to know if you are truly the owner of the account .
They will ask of your name , as well as the account number.

Good luck bro
Thank you Bro
Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by dotfak: 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
I went through the same thing this past week. I live in Houston Texas and I had to take swipe my card multiple times. Please, if you have an email attached to your account, an email would have been sent to you on how to resolve this issue, also check the attachment I added:

Dear Valued Customer,

Please find attached details of suspicious transaction on your card.

Kindly read through the attachment and contact our 24 hour contact centre through any of the numbers in the attachment.

Thank You

Re: My Gtbank Mastercard Has Been Blocked. Please Help!! by SmooshCHN: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
dotfak:
I went through the same thing this past week. I live in Houston Texas and I had to take swipe my card multiple times. Please, if you have an email attached to your account, an email would have been sent to you on how to resolve this issue, also check the attachment I added:

Dear Valued Customer,

Please find attached details of suspicious transaction on your card.

Kindly read through the attachment and contact our 24 hour contact centre through any of the numbers in the attachment.

Thank You
Thank you.. I've been mailing since Monday and I only get a reply a day till now and once I was told my card has been reset precisely on Tuesday evening. But the same thing. Yesterday I finally got my Dad to visit the bank and they said they've already unblocked the card that there shouldn't be any issue But it still says "Service cancelled by your issued bank" after series of calls to the numbers you provided. Mails after mails No positive effect. I'm really frustrated. Or is there a way I can request for a bank transfer to my Chinese account directly from the bank? Is it possible?

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Full Monetization Package - People Using This To Make Money Secretly / "Cashless" Lagos: How Are You Coping With It? / Problem With Gtbank Token Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.