Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Who Offended The gods of the land? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Offended The gods of the land? (10300 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Food For The Gods. / Secrets Of the gods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by tecno4life(m): 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
Bluestarry:
lolcheesy thanks for coming

drop anoda update to kill my suspense
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
tecno4life:
Bluestarry it seems you have a masters degree in suspense grin

abeg na you for nop end here angry
winkwinkwink
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Carinaflo(f): 12:29am On Dec 21, 2014
Wow! This story make too much sense. Abeg come update o. I dey here dey wait o
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 21, 2014
Carinaflo:
Wow! This story make too much sense. Abeg come update o. I dey here dey wait o
thanks ma.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Emmotion(m): 8:22am On Dec 21, 2014
anoda bombdrop from bluestarry..........waiting 4 update
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by SelinaBrown(f): 9:16am On Dec 21, 2014
Bluestarry:
welcome beauty.
smiley
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Onemansquad(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2014
Bluestarry where u dy na

abg cum update jor b4 i !!!
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by mariamferanmi(f): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
Weldone blue! U are really trying I love u suspense man!!
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by tecno4life(m): 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
Bluestarry my problem with you now is snail updates angry angry angry angry
later you go dey hala oga deeninetyseven say e slow angry angry
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
Good afteernoon guys, just back from church, ill update soon. Thanks for your comment.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
----continuation----
Obong ekong couldnt sleep last night. He hate it when his elders behave like mad men. The thoughts of the abomination commited by ikuod disturbed his mind.

How can a man he trusted commit such a sin? He knew ikuod did what he was accussed of, judging from his facial expression and his negative actions.

Obong Ekong was deeply disappointed in ete ikuod. He sat on his throne, his head rested on his palms.

"actions must be taken before the gods get angry, ikuod you must pay for this"
he said hitting his staff on the earthen soil.

"guards" he called.
"your highness" a guard said running up to the throne, he knelt down facing the king

"get me ete okon, ete edet and ete ikuod, tell them i want to see them now" obong ekong ordered. ********************************************
Ima was preparing breakfast, Akpan had gone to check his morning traps immediately the first cock crew. Ima was so gratefull that her husband didnt die as a result of her foolishness.

She nearly killed her husband yesternight. The slap he gave her still rang in her ears. She sweared since she was born she had not been slapped such. She had begged and pleaded with him.

Ima was making it up to her husband with his favourite meal. That why she woke up early and prepared the food.

She was so gratefull the bullet didnt get him even if he had slapped her a dozen times, she wouldn't mind.

Her mind took her back to the event of last night, she recalled the sound she heard immediately the gun went off. What was that sound? She was sure she heard it two more times after the great slap. Maybe a cat was crying. She arranged the fire wood and set it in fire. Placing the pot on the three stones arranged in a tripod stand like pattern, she walked out of the hut.
Ekaette rushed out and ran to her son's hut, only to find him sweating and breathing hard.

"what happened?" she asked drawing closer to him.
"mama ....mama... Papa...."ekpa stammered trying to catch his breath.

"what happened to papa? He will come back dont...."

"mama i dreamt of.....mama is papa back?" he asked.

Ekaette hissed. "so it a dream? And you're disturbing the neighbourhoood...."

"mama is papa back?" ekpa asked standing up from the mat.

"no, i heard he slept over at the kings house" she lied. She was worried than him.

"i had a dream, the gods killed papa, they...."

"ehhh? Are you mad? How will the gods kill him? Dont speak against the gods" she chided him.

"mama am serious, i saw it" ekpa said still shivering from the impact of his nightmare.

Ekaette looked at his son intently, is he mad?
"you have malaria again, stand up let go and cook the lemon grass that remained, you will get well soon".

She said walking out of the room. She was praying that her son nightmare shouldnt be real. But how will the gods kill her husband? No he is not dead, she said shrugging of the thoughts.

She went back to the hut to warm the food, she planned going to the palace to report the missing man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
Emmotion:
anoda bombdrop from bluestarry..........waiting 4 update
welcome sir updated
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
Onemansquad:
Bluestarry where u dy na

abg cum update jor b4 i !!!
update don drop
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
mariamferanmi:
Weldone blue! U are really trying I love u suspense man!!
thanks ma, am gratefull.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
tecno4life:
Bluestarry my problem with you now is snail updates angry angry angry angry
later you go dey hala oga deeninetyseven say e slow angry angry
i dn drop am o oga. Oga fembleez1 were u dia?
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by tecno4life(m): 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Bluestarry:
lucky you
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Rich4god(m): 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
tecno4life:

lucky you
Nice story @ op... Is it just me... Or is the name of the characters kinda confusing... :/
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Rich4god:
Nice story @ op... Is it just me... Or is the name of the characters kinda confusing... :/
welcome sir. Plz which characters are confusing?
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Fembleez1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Bluestarry:

Baba,I dey here,hope say no problem?? smiley
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Rich4god(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
Bluestarry:
welcome sir. Plz which characters are confusing?
All these eket eket na him I no too dey understnd... But you are doing a nice job. Maybe its cos am nt used to all these SS names...
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ekpa stared at his mother as she angrily walked out of the room.

He was troubled, he prayed the dream wasnt true, it was so real. Ekpa sluggishly stood up and went after his mother.

Ekaette was squatting by the fire when her son came to her side.
"mama let me go and check him at the palace" he said squatting by the fire too.

"that what you should do instead of saying the gods....." she was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"who is that?" ekpa asked in surprise. His father dont knock when coming home, he only barges in. This wasnt his father.

Ekaette was also surprise by the knock. Was it her husband? But why will he knock before coming into his house?

"lets check" ekpa said standing up.

"it might be your dad" she said standing up.

"it not, papa dont knock when coming in"

"it might be him, maybe playing prank on us" she said smiling.

Ekpa smiled back and the duo approached the door.

They both struggled to open the door. They looked outside and saw no one insight.
The messenger, havent knocked twice and got no response had decided checking the other hut, he got the same negative response result. He gave up, he didnt want to waste time. He still had one more assignment to do which was calling ete ikuod.

Coming out from the inner compound, he met a woman and a boy. Figuring them out to be okon's wife and son he walked up to them.

"good morning ma, please can i see ete ikuod?" he asked. They duo only stared at him in confusion, he decided going straight to the point.

"the king requested for his presence immediately in the palace, please give him my message for him" he saw tears gathering in the eyes of the woman. What wrong with her?

he dont like seeing females cries, and not wanting to be labelled the cause of the woman tears, he walked away. The tears of the woman reminded him of his mother who was murdered in cold bood by his father. With tears in his eyes he ran out of the compound.

Ekaette and ekpa stared into each other eyes, confusion, fear shown in their eyes.

Ekaette ran into the inner hut with tears in her eyes, ekpa ran after her to console her.

"what all this? What this suppose to mean?"she asked throwing herself on the bambo bed. She tried fighting back the tears but they prevailed. She let them fall freely.

"mama he will come back, let pray all is well" he said throwing his hands arround her neck.

"but why...." she was interrupted by cries from outside. They sprang to their feet and walked to the door with pounding heart.

Ekaette knew the owner of the voice, it belong to her mother. The old woman had gone through a lot in life. What brings her mother to her home and what the reason behind her cries? They approached and opened the door.

A large number of people were gathered outside, some women were throwing themselves on the hardened soil.

Then she saw it, four men carried a dead body on a plank. Curiosity took over her, she raced to the men.

Some people tried holding her down but she fought herself through.

She looked closer at the dead body, it was her husband, she screamed, slumped and died.
tbc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Onemansquad(m): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Tor wahala

1 Like

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Please tell me what you think of the story so far. Should i continue or not. Ur comments and criticm are welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Fembleez1:

Baba,I dey here,hope say no problem?? smiley
no p, checking on u bro
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Emmotion(m): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
chaiiiii...papa and mama dead.......
Oga blue abeg continue

1 Like

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Fembleez1(m): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
Bluestarry:
no p, checking on u bro

Thanks boss,I dey here like Dele dende grin
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
---continuation---
Ete ubong was pacing in his obi. Coming back from the meeting last night, he had woken all his house hold from sleep and asked who commited such sin.

They all had denied. His older daughter whom he had suspected had denied not knowing ete ikuod. His wife? No! He didnt think she she commit such an abomination, adultery? He still asked her, she denied too.

He resigned to fate and decided watching how the drama unfolds.
Morning came, he was pacing in his obi, his mind full with thoughts. "Well lets see how it goes" he said and went into the inner hut, picked his matchet and set out into the forest to get his morning palmwine.

He was still in deep thoughts as he parted the leafs and walked through the narrow path leading ti the inner forest. He still doubted the reply the women gave him.

Could that mean that no one commited the sin? Why would edet say such thing in a gathering if he is not sure of the information? Did he caught them in the act himself or he was told?

On reaching his desired palm tree, he started climbing the large and tall tree without his rope. He was an expert in the act, why would he need the rope?

He reached the top, as he was about commencing tapping, he heard a strange noise from below, out of curiosity he looked down but saw nothing. He continued with his business.

Ikuod the mad man after his encounter with the gods he went mad. He was roaming the forest naked, carrying a dead hare.

He saw a man on a palm tree, he picked a stick and threw it at him. The stick didnt reach the height which he was so he threw again.
Ubong was almost done with the tapping when he felt something hit his back, he looked down and his eyes fell on what he didnt expect. There below was the man that gave him a sleepless night.

He was naked, dirts and mud was on all parts of his body, it seemed he had a bath in a swamp. He looked so unkempt, no one had to tell ubong that he was in sane.
Why is he mad now? Is he pretending or the gods had taken action? He was so shocked and confused that he forgot he was on a tree, his grip loosened and he fell from the mighty palm tree, a tree which only experts in the act could climb.

He fell to his death with a loud thud on the ground. The mad okon was laughing, he walked closer to the dead body, took a peep and raced out of the forest, to report to the villager what he just saw.
Ikuod family wasnt troubled, not even a bit troubled from his absent from house since last night. That wasnt the first nor second time he had slept outside. Infact they were used to it. The first time he slept out without informing his wife was twenty tears ago. On his returned the next day, the poor worried wife had a made terrible mistake of questioning him. He had beaten her black blue that fateful day. She never bothered questioning him again.

His children dispised him, which father will beat his family at any slightest chance he got?

They had got up and went about their chores, they were about taking their breakfast when a mad man ran into their compound, naked.
Tbc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by rhazur(m): 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
Still loving tha suspense bro
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
Lolzzz. I Like The Way Things Are Unfolding. Ride On Mr Bluestag.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Rich4god(m): 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
Bluestarry:
Please tell me what you think of the story so far. Should i continue or not. Ur comments and criticm are welcome.
o boy... Nice story... Plz do continue...
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Rounakid(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
**Appears in my worn out khaki**
Reportin for duty sir...!
Sowie for being late... I have to mend some of d damaqed area of dis ma khaki...
*in a coarse voice* waiter!
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
rhazur:
Still loving tha suspense bro
thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy, Where Are You?; A Short Story / Patch Of Black / One Man Mopol By Awe Samuel Olutayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.