Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Who Offended The gods of the land? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Offended The gods of the land? (10363 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Food For The Gods. / Secrets Of the gods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
suxxman:
Lolzzz. I Like The Way Things Are Unfolding. Ride On Mr Bluestag.
my pleasure oga
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
Rich4god:
o boy... Nice story... Plz do continue...
thanks. Having low battery now, ill update when its charged.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
Rounakid:
**Appears in my worn out khaki**
Reportin for duty sir...!
Sowie for being late... I have to mend some of d damaqed area of dis ma khaki...
*in a coarse voice* waiter!
broz welcome. For here we dey tie wrapper o
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by stuff46(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2014
Bluestarry:

tell am

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Carinaflo(f): 9:14am On Dec 23, 2014
Patiently waiting for more
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by harjibolar10(m): 10:01am On Dec 23, 2014
Now I'm here, at last...*enter with my hand inside my pocket*

I know I'm not(too) late this time around, I will still manage the 2nd row *heading to my seat*

@Bluestary: I don come oo, so bring my Cow leg and Zobo here *on my seat now*
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by stuff46(m): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2014
Time for attendance.
please answer present
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Onemansquad(m): 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
stuff46:
Time for attendance.
please answer present
shot up dog u tink say we dy primary skul
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by stuff46(m): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
Onemansquad:

shot up dog u tink say we dy primary skul

shea iv told you that the tunder that would fire you still de ASUU meeting

e don de nearly finish the meeting
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Onemansquad(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
stuff46:

shea iv told you that the tunder that would fire you still de ASUU meeting

e don de nearly finish the meeting
thunda roast ur yansh
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by dastancypayne(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2014
Bluestarry:
Tag:festwiz, divepen, kingzpen,Seun
Lenmafon, kajemjay, hayoronke, temitopedaniel, amenbaby, dopevick,
Abbey2580, nisotzoe, haibeehae, wemmieslim,
Sheanoel, marioking, lordgalore, Ikeano92,
chuks000, monatim, Omololamide, olarafiat,
JigsawKillah, xtremelygifted, godsonchikelue,
Georgry, Kflorencek, Xtarxhyne, Onyi42, ayomi23,
Rounakid, Olusharp, Silkmoth33, harmlessphil,
mariamferanmi, ninja4life, Jennimma,
whisper2esi, unilever, Babe2sure,bookhy,
kingphilip, Chrisx1x, adeniyi00, Skyfornia,
Darus05, Flakkydagirl, Ggee, MuniratAbolanl,
Zeinymira, OVI75, Sirdy48, bayulll01, Anelk50,
missterious, Chibueze90, Diamondamsel,
MosesIgb,
Fantasywrita,
princesssusan
boladex1
Abuklaw
Omortolah
snowprince07
Kingso23
Bertadayz,Timothy3113,BestInDeeWorld,mattiechris,tunb
soulminister
ProfDee26, Hammenat24
Bloomingbud,seunviju,TiffanyJ,moseph,D9ty7
wizkris,Epaul,ProfDee26,babyboom,Inyanga,Grace
Ezeh,olarafiat,Komzzy1
candy
LogoDWhiz
jaymomma
Odward.

uchebest2006
Babyjoker, PrinceAdepoju,Suspect33, NeuroBoss,
jaki006, light57,jubileesmith,stuff56, onemansquad, ritababe, selinabrown, icebrylin, flambeez1, tecno4life, ogbarmey, adeh37, adewealth207, fatalveli, repogirl, tiffanyj, koolwilly, standd, davidflo, onihaxy, emzypaz, oma4u etc.
I dnt knw wht I did wrong to these Nairalanders. They can't even tag me along, just becuz am new here. Not fair at all, so I nid your appologies, now.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
dastancypayne:

I dnt knw wht I did wrong to these Nairalanders. They can't even tag me along, just becuz am new here. Not fair at all, so I nid your appologies, now.
oh sorry broz. Ill modify it.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by stuff46(m): 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
Bluestarry:
shea you know say you no tag me
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by dastancypayne(m): 7:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
Bluestarry:
dnt worry, wen am done writing d story am in now. I'll hv all of you tagged in my new Novel. You'll learn from dat.......cuz am a member here too.
Click here
https://www.nairaland.com/2036817/reasons-why-killed.......wild-wild-west
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by dastancypayne(m): 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
Bluestarry:
dnt worry, wen am done writing d story am in now. I'll hv all of you tagged in my new Novel. You'll learn from dat.......cuz am a member here too.
Click here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2036817/reasons-why-killed.......wild-wild-west

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Rounakid(m): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
Bluestarry:
owka... Dat will be no probz... (in psquare's voice) if i no qet *** i qet place to borrow...
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Rounakid(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
stuff46:

tell am

u fit borrow me any...? Jux askinq...
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
Rounakid:
owka... Dat will be no probz... (in psquare's voice) if i no qet *** i qet place to borrow...
lol go do remix
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by TiffanyJ(f): 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
Finally catch up with you guys. Very very interesting story, i must say. Ride on sir, its already in you
but come o, why are the clan chiefs dying? This is really a worth reading.
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 24, 2014
---continuation---
"good morning the people of umofia. The king wants you all to assemble in his palace right away" the town crier announced to all the clans in the village.

Ekpa stood on the same spot he was before his mother slumped. Some men rushed to hold him. They took him inside.
Ekpa was very confused and shocked. In less than 24hours his whole family had been wiped out.

He couldnt cry he couldnt laughed
Ekaette mother seeing her daughter slumped had raced out of the compound and few women went after her.
Akpan after his narrowed escape from death was very angry. Why would his wife release the trigger on him. Was she crazy? He gave her the slap of her life, he feared she will turn deaf.

He couldnt wait for morning to come. When morning came, he rushed out of the house to the forest to check for his morning traps.

On getting to the road opposite the village square, he decided taking the shorter route passing through the evil forest.

He saw a firgure lay on the ground and he walked closer. Realising it was a human being, he raised alarm. A man who he was sure he had not seen before in the village ran out, he tied a red wrapper around his waist

The strange man approached him and they all ran to the corpse.
Fear engulfed akpan as he recognised the corpse to be that of their chief, his brother Worst still matchet cuts were made on the stomach and an unknown handwriting was scribbled on the late chiefs broad chest. His eyes gorged out and replaced with dry leaves.

Akpan wanted to run for his dear life but was held back by the strange man.

"we have to carry the corpse to the square" the man said.
Akpan looked at him closely. Was he mad dosent he know the norms of the land? Never touch a corpse you dont know the reason of it dead.

"you.... You...." akpan stammered. The man shot a glance at him and bent down to carry the corpse. He placed it on his shoulders and walked briskly.

With shock, fear, he followed the man. Although he walked fast, he found it hard to meet up with the strange man.

They didnt say a word to each other still they got to they square where people saw the corpse and started wailing. It was there the death men took over the corpse. They were protected with charmsand amulet.

They all wanted to take the dead body to the shrine but the dead man spirit led them to his compound. Women followed wailing behind.

Akpan having presented the corpse to the villagers he decided meeting the strange man. He looked for him in the crowd that had gathered but couldnt find him.

He heard someone called his name, he turned, he was the strange man.

He walked to him. He extended his hands for a hand shake. The mans eyes glowed and he shook him. Akpan felt goose pimples on only his right hand.

"dont follow me, go back home and stay with your wife go and dont Look back" the man said.

Fear gripped him instantly. His curiosity got hold of him and he asked.

" ple pleeease what your name and....." he was interrupted.

"curiosity kill the cat" the man said and walked away into the path they both came from.

The man branched a road. Curiosity got hold of him again, he decided following the man, atleast to know his house. He ran to the place he saw him branched, they was no road, no path. He was surprise, but this the exact location the man took.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Rounakid(m): 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
Bluestarry:
lol go do remix
lmao... Owka i will...
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by mariamferanmi(f): 10:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
Bluestarry keep it coming!! I pity akpan oo he wan go see d end of his life!?
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by stuff46(m): 6:17am On Dec 25, 2014
Rounakid:
u fit borrow me any...? Jux askinq...

borrow keh
pay money make you buy jare

dearies and dearest
happy christmas
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Rounakid(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2014
stuff46:

borrow keh
pay money make you buy jare

dearies and dearest
happy christmas
u too bro...
Tnx...
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by lordtim001(m): 8:13am On Dec 25, 2014
cheesy[color=#000000][/color] cheesy Gosh,Bluestarry dont tell u are from Akwa Ibom.Abadie!!!
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by lordtim001(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2014
Just thinking about what is gonna happen next!

#Expectant!
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by ODUMAIYE(f): 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
waiting
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hi guys...so sorry for not updating, update will definitely drop tonight, keep it lock.
Thanks
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by rhazur(m): 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
At last
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by macpetrus(m): 7:27am On Jan 18, 2015
Waiting...
Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
---continuation--
He was scared as he took a step backwards. He stood rooted to the spot as he tried to comprehend what he discovered. He was so sure that the was a path were the strange man had branched.

He breathed in and out and took a step forward. He was sure going to see things for himself. He wasn't the type that allows strange and weird matters get to him.

As he paved his way past the grey grasses , the words of the strange man resounded in his ears repeatedly.

"curiosity kills the cat" on a second thought, he paused on his tracks. He saw the elephants grasses paving way from a distance away from him. The surprise was that no one was walking through. But the grasses were giving way and making rustling sound.

This heighten his ladder of curiosity. What paved the grasses? Was it the wind? Definitely no! Because winds can't do what the grasses did. He was sure going to find out. Increasing his pace, he trailed after the paving grasses without a second thought.

The king was worried, angry and tired.

"what's keeping these men?" he asked a rhetoricall question. The messenger he sent had returned long ago, with report saying okon wasn't at home, ete edet was on his way and ikuod wasn't at home also. This information left the king worried.

Obong ekong was angrily, he laughed when he heard ete ikuod wasn't at home, obviously he ran away. He was only worried with the case of okon, his only trusted chief.

It was still morning, only one person saw a naked mad man ran like he was being pursued into the compound of ete ikuod.

The act left the woman in thoughts. No one was mad in the village of umofia. Nevertheless, she shrugged of and proceeded on her journey to the palace.

Most of the villagers were on their way to the palace after the news of finding ete okon's corpse on the lonely path that passed through the evil forest.
The village was in a chaos as fear engulfed the feeble minded men and women.

Never in their life have they seen such a frightful and spooky scene. The air they breath smelled death. Worst still, they body of their chief was battered, his eyes out and replace with dry leaves with an eerie writing on his chest.

The poor wife of the down-to-earth man had slumped and died leaving the young lad to his fate. Who knows maybe he might join the league of the dead, he couldn't even recalled his name or who he was, his demeanour devoid of emotions.

The family of ikuod didn't hear the grave news of the elders death. Since they live in the innermost and bushy part of village, they were almost shut out of the happenings of the village . They always receive news and information late. Betobong, ikuod's wife was through with her preparation for the market. She took her basket and walked out hut after informing her children to keep a share of the food for their father. She so much despised the man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Offended The gods of the land? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
Numerous times she'd find her self wishing the arrogant man death, so she can find a caring man to love. The norms of the land disagrees with divorce. She was his punching bag, he even told her beating her is his hobby. So why shouldnt she wish him death?

She sang as she walked across the compound. Something caught her attention, she turned. To her right a naked man was trying to break the door to her husband's obi.

A kind of eerie feeling came on her as she stooped on her track to ask the man what he wanted in there, how he get into her compound and who he was looking for.

Her basket lowered on the ground, she walked across to him with her heart in her mouth. She remembered stories of people waking up to see mad men in their compound. That was a sign of illluck which will befall the family in no Time to come. Not only that, she couldn't recall seeing or meeting any mad man in the village. The mad people were sacrificed once they were discoverd to be mad.

Her instinct said it was her husband, ete ikuod. "isentim forbid" she said within as she reached the man.

"excuse me, what are...." she didn't finish her statement as the man turned. Her eyes behold what she never expected, what she never wished for nor will she wish for her enemy.
She sure wished for her husband's death, but didn't pray for him to get mad. We all know madness is worst than death.

Standing before her was her oppressor sorry husband. A wide grin on his lips, his eyes wide opened, the was no black spot in his eyes as it had turned white and blended with the iris.

A very offensive dead odour was emitting from his body which was decorated with dirts from the swamp he swam in. His manliness dangled between his legs. He smiled again at her and stretched out his hands for hers.

"my baby" he called.
Although ikuod was mad, his memories still remained with him.

Betobong felt like running mad as she was still confused and couldn't comprehend the happenings around her. She felt like running the race of her life, but her legs refused moving much to her fears.

Her heart pounded and skipped numerous beat as the mad man engulfed her in a tight hug. She felt her spirit leaving her immediately his skin came incontact with hers. She blacked out in the man's arm.

A childish voice screamed from behind followed by the barking of the dog.
------------
Tbc

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need To Know / CHRISTMAS SPECIAL -- Drop your Stories / How To Write A Quality Article In Less Than 15 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.