Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

"I Am Staying Put" - Wenger - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I Am Staying Put" - Wenger (565 Views)

GLO-CAF Awards 2015 FALLOUT… Aubameyang Staying Put At Dortmund / AFCON 2015: Where Football Teams Are Staying In Equitorial Guinea / 60 Arsene Wenger Favourite Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Am Staying Put" - Wenger by Suarezilla(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
Arsenal's Manager, Arsene Wenger has responded to the "wenger out" campaigners that he is going nowhere. Over the last few days , there has been pressure on wenger by fans of the club asking for his sack asap. A poor run of performances by Arsenal has seen them languish below where they were last season, including blowing up a 3goal lead to anderlect in the champions league. But Wenger stiill believes he is still streering the vlub in the right direction to the disagreement on some supporters. One thing is certain, Wenger is stubborn when it comes to changing principles. Whatever be the case I have an opinion that wenger has done astoundingly well for the club. Taking the club from Highbury to state-of-the-art Emirate stadium, to 17 consecutive champions league appearances, almost never finishing outside the top four in the local league. Wenger has indeed set the mark for any coach that would succeed him in Arsenal. The fans need to think about all these achievements which he has achieved and think of something else rather than his sack. He has the backing of the Board which is what matters anyway. What I think Wenger should change is his policies. Stingy policies from the economist has caused the club a lot in terms of trophies. He needs to understand that football is a full blown business that demands huge investments. Clubs llke Man U, Man C, Chelsea and even Liverpool understands that and are not relenting to see they stay top and competitive. Wenger must stop his "buy in thousands and sell in millions" mentality, must also stop selling his hottest product @d end of every season just because he wants profit ( as an economist). He must give the emotions of the fans a big thought and strike a balance between his profit making ambitions to satisfying the fans also. It is indeed time for a change @Arsenal!

(1) (Reply)

3 Small But Costly Workout Mistakes You Must Avoid / Barcelona 5-1 Espanyol: Another Messi Milestone In Demolition Derby / Steven Gerrard Finally Quit Liverpool After 17 Years. Woow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.