Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,837 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. (1618 Views)

Doctors Please Help Advice Needed Urgently / Medical Doctors, Please Be Honest, Why Is Staph. Resistant To Antibiotics? / Doctors Please, Could This Be Hiv Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by decatalyst(m): 5:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Kindly help with what this might be. A friend sent the pix of his genitals having growth just before the genitals. Though its painless and it has been like that for over 9months but it keeps growing and it is making him lose self-confidence. He is a very busy type but he tried to visit a state clinic and the doctor told him its because he changed his shaving stick and that the growth is "just" penile pimpus blab blab blah!
He it keep growing and painless. What could be the cause and possible solution to get rid of it?

Thanks

Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by pweetixandy: 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
Yeah..its usually "my friend" RME. Go to a federal hospital. Anythn that grows on d body isn't normal.
Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hi there, the pic is not clear but it looks like genital warts. Is he sexually active? I can't say for sure what it is but even if I could tell you, I'd still suggest he sees a doctor (a different one though), some STD's can affect fertility if allowed to progress.

Have him test for "complete STD profile" that way "wcs" he can stop guessing and start getting the right treatment.

Anyone who is sexually active should in addition to wrapping it up, get a yearly physical with a "complete STD profile"

Best of luck to you both smiley

1 Like

Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by thorpido(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
^^^This is right

1 Like

Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
Make una dey wear condom do; una no go gree... E don happen now!!! Ok sha... Oboi!!! Go n see a doctor; We know say na u; the tin dey worry; (stop dis "my friend thing"wink
Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
That's a genital wart. From the look of it, it's likely Condylomata acuminata(venereal wart) caused by Human papilloma Virus(HPV).

Go for treatment as quick as possible!
Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by decatalyst(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lol! isn't me ooooo
Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by decatalyst(m): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
Seriously, he has gone to a state hospital and he was told by the doctor that it would go away by its self and that he should be applying mentholated powder...that I will go with time. He said its not wart after seeing it.
So?
Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by seangy4konji: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Some warts go on their own but it's better to have the doctor checking it invade to start treatment if god forbid is warts frpm hpv. Human Papi virus. Kept checking and god forbid for who ever.
Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
decatalyst:
Seriously, he has gone to a state hospital and he was told by the doctor that it would go away by its self and that he should be applying mentholated powder...that I will go with time. He said its not wart after seeing it.
So?

Sheer incompetence!

He said it's not wart, sensibly he should have told him what it is then. Did he bother to take sexual history? Did he bother to recommend a biopsy and serum m/c/s test?

All he could advise was that he should use mentholated powder, that the bumps would shrink on its own. Hmm!
Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by Gramondhigh(m): 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
That is Genital Warts, and can only be treated with pedophyline which is very corrosive, it burns out the warts. If in excess I advice the person goes for a HIV test. Lowerd immune response allows warts, call 08060581154 Dr. Obinna.
Re: Doctors, Please Help! What Could This Be? Pix Included. by decatalyst(m): 2:44am On Dec 06, 2014
Gramondhigh:
That is Genital Warts, and can only be treated with pedophyline which is very corrosive, it burns out the warts. If in excess I advice the person goes for a HIV test. Lowerd immune response allows warts, call 08060581154 Dr. Obinna.

He has done HIV yesterday and it was negative though he hasn't seen a doctor as regard the picture...he said he want a consultant(federal doctor) to attend to him. He is doubting the lackadaisical state health workers.

(1) (Reply)

19 Tricks And Weird Things You Didn’t Know Your Body Could Do / Urgent Hlp:pls Wat Medications Can I Use For Ulcer,it Can B Natural Or Medical / Pretty Young Lady Runs Mad On Her Way Going To Work In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.