Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon (3740 Views)

Types Of People You'll Find In A Barbing Saloon / 13 Categories Of People You Meet In A Hair-Dressing Salon / Where Can I Get A Professional Haircut Barbing Salon In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by tosyne2much(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
I have been having a hair cut for
years, here are some people I have
met in the barbing salon... You
have probably met them too...hehehehe

Cc: Kachisbarbie

10 Categories Of People You Will Meet In A barbing Salon

1. The Ones Who Keep Looking At The Mirror
After having a nice haircut, they will start checking themselves out in the mirror for about 5-10mins before they finally pay for service rendered

2. The First Timer
These ones who will enter inside the barbing salon and ask " who is the best barber here ? Are you sure you can give me a nice haircut ?. The funniest thing is that, they want to barb gorimapa grin

3. High Self Esteem Customer
He will not utter a word at all because he feels talking to them will make him lose his value. After having his haircut, off he goes

4. The English Professors
These ones who start speaking like professors immediately they get into the barbing salon. The barber speaks Yoruba to them and they would reply with English. The funniest thing is that, they are more fluent in Yoruba or their native language than English

5.The Beggars
These ones who will beg those who are on the queue to allow them shape. E.g bros abeg na only shape I wan shape and na barb you wan barb. Abeg just allow me

6. The Handsome Dudes
These ones who will intimidate and make you think of suicide on why you are not as good looking as they are. They keep telling the barber that they ought to barb at NEXT but couldn't because they are under tight schedule

7. The Ones Who Will Drag Over Their Change
This people are not ashamed to drag over their change. E.g barber you no tell me b4 say na N300 you dey barbe ooooo, abeg I wan use that N200 take chop ni.. Even if miss world in inside the shop as at that time, dey will still drag grin

8. The Instructors
These ones will instruct the barber as he keeps cutting their hair.. E.g, no carry my shape inside oooo; you no carve that edge well oooo

9. History Tellers
These ones will talk about how a barber spoilt their hair a long time ago and that's the reason why they don't have a perfect shape ever since then. Many at times, they talk about how many ladies they have used and dumped and that money is the key to get a lady.. Who ask you ?

10. Impatient Customer
He is always in a hurry, making it look like every other customer there is jobless. He would wanna jump the queue, usually a regular customer. Sometimes he will enter into the shop and here goes the question, how many people dey ground ? When they are more than two, off he goes

Guys Feel Free To Add Yours

3 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
hahahahahaha
This shii just got real

Those handsome guys thoooo!
Some guys are foine! !

I remember going to the salon to give my bro something, there was this handsome guy.

__ he was like, I don't even know what to cut this time.
Barber: you na fine boy na, every style dey fit you.
Handsome guy: Guy no dey deceive me o

Barber: but you sef know say na true.

Handsome guy: oya, just friction the hair small but make the centre still high.

Nawa o...looking @ the guy sef ehn. you go know say, anything go fit am die!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by JoeCutie(m): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
hahahahahaha
This shii just got real
It's your handwork ma'am. tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
grin grin
I'm a mixture of 1, 3, and 8. Nice job btw cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Gooci(m): 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
11. those ones wey come watch TELEMUNDO
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
grin cheesy

The ones who keep staring at you through the mirror.
I don't like this group at all. They make me nervous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Gooci(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
12. those ones wey come discuss ball, who get money pass for naija
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by ammyluv2002(f): 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
Aprime:
grin cheesy

LOL
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by RAKITIC: 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ok
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by simplemach(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
What about the ones that would come just to use the barber's powder and to comb their hair.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by nickz(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
lol............i'm high esteem and i look at the mirror everytimecheesycheesy
this is embarassing but i'm also the type that moves and make every little pain from shaping the hair seem like the is cracking my skullcheesy

there are also some dudes(i'm not involved) that touch their dicks while the are getting their hair cut....simply cause the neck downwards is covered with that cape like stuff

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Dramadiddy(m): 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
lool tosyne, u nor wel oo...well me na serious instructor....i no won hear say anytin happen to my shaping wink
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by maajin007(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
make sense
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by englishmart(m): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
another thread?
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by tosyne2much(m): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
Dramadiddy:
lool tosyne, u nor wel oo...well me na serious instructor....i no won hear say anytin happen to my shaping wink

Hehehehe grin
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
Aprime:
grin cheesy

Then you must be a fine boy na.
Why else would a brother be stealing glances at you?

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Medunah: 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
The ones who gossip about any girl that passes.
They go like 'u see that babe wey just pass now ehn......'
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by corruptst(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
The chargers
Dis r one important group of ppl u unforgivably failed to mention. Talk of any kind of chargers, phone, batteries, rechargeable lamps, extension box, etc. Ds guys r jus legends of d game.

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Medunah: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
The ones who keep directing the barber, 'cut am like this, no, na like that'

Jobless ones: These set of pple you will always meet in the barbing salon 24/7 'they are neither cutting their hair nor learning how to cut hair' some of them are quiet while some others are loquacious
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Then you must be a fine boy na.
Why else would a brother be stealing glances at you?

To get a peek at my large head na. cheesy
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by zyzxx(m): 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
Tell me the group u fall too tosyne2much
still typing
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by KingTom(m): 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
hahahahahaha
This shii just got real

Those handsome guys thoooo!
Some guys are foine! !

I remember going to the salon to give my bro something, there was this handsome guy.

__ he was like, I don't even know what to cut this time.
Barber: you na fine boy na, every style dey fit you.
Handsome guy: Guy no dey deceive me o

Barber: but you sef know say na true.

Handsome guy: oya, just friction the hair small but make the centre still high.

Nawa o...looking @ the guy sef ehn. you go know say, anything go fit am die!
Last warning!
Stop describing me.
grin grin grin
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by tosyne2much(m): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
zyzxx:
Tell me the group u fall too tosyne2much
still typing

I rep num1 grin
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by naijaboiy: 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hehehehe....barbing saloon get plenty characters no be small.

Make I chip in some...

a) The Football warriors: These set of people are always in the saloon either to watch a football match or argue about football. Them don turn saloon to viewing centre. You sef wen wan barb no go see space sit down angry

b) The family: This is usually a man or woman who drives to the saloon with all her kids just to barb their hairs. They usually come during the weekend. Sometimes the man will instruct the barber to give his son the same hairstyle he was given.

c) The cry babies: These are usually little children. They always cry when their hairs are being cut and they cannot put their head in one place. Sometimes the barber gives them a lolipop to make their mouth busy while he's doing his work. I'm sure many of us did this when we were young.
Except na razor blade dem use barb you grin

d) The females: These are ladies who have decided to leave their Brazilian hair lifestyle grin and join we guys in cutting their hairs. They usually barb low cut or weird hairstyles like punk,,mohawk...e.t.c

e) The starers: These ones no get job. Their own na to dey look people wey dey enter and comot from saloon. They'll just keep staring at you,,whether your haircut make sense or not. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2014

1) The football freaks- they occupy all the sitting space, most of them just come watch match (no money to pay for viewing centre angry) you wey wan barb, you no see space to stand

2) Those with private clipper- usually old men with moustache and glasses , always wearing shorts... The barber usually cheats them when their clipper gets blunt.

3) Rejects- I've witnessed this situation many times... Where one abowki( probably mai ruwa, mai goro) looking unkempt will enter the classy saloon, but will be driven away cheesy , and the guy go hold correct cash come, but he reeks- body odour shii

Kids- they willl never put there head in one place, the barber normally sings rhymes to calm them, I didn't go through this shii when I was young sha
(Mum used shaving stick and razor blade on us cry )

The story teller- funny dudes, they come and gist us about there lives then in onitsha and warri, using style to make use of the clipper free of charge.
Some claim to be political thugs and stuff

Barbers shop na correct place

2 Likes

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by zyzxx(m): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
tosyne2much:

I rep num1 grin
Hahahah,
I fall in number 3 group but not dat I think of myself has High Self Esteem Customer.
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by akinsadeez(m): 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
- The magazine readers: If you have a barbing salon that buys magazines and newspapers everyday, then you will always meet these people there. They only come to read complete sports and after reading they must start an argument with someone about a topic in d magazine or newspaper.

- The phone chargers : These ones are also not interested in barbing, but they will bring about 5 extension boxes and plug all kinds of phones, torches, n electrical gadgets.

- The commentators : Throughout your time at the barbing salon, you won't see them sit in the chair to get a hair cut but they must comment on every hair cut the barber gives. They will be d one to see dat the shaping is uneven on one side, or that d hair cut doesn't fit d shape of your head, or something else. No matter the hair cut, they must comment.

- The spiritualist : They turn the barbing Salon into a preaching centre. They look for someone who looks like a sinner, start an innocuous conversation with him and gradually direct d conversation into preaching. Funny enough they don't need a Bible, all the verses they need are already stored in their heads.
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by vivaciouzz(f): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
Went to a barbing saloon with my younger bro..noticed dat some of dem just came to tell stories,unnecessarily occupying d seat n at d end of d day..d won't hv any hair cut angry kiss
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
Tosyne2much,these competition is getting hotter..
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by tosyne2much(m): 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
zyzxx:
Hahahah,
I fall in number 3 group but not dat I think of myself has High Self Esteem Customer.

Hehehehehehe grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by tosyne2much(m): 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
Bunsky:
Tosyne2much,these competition is getting hotter..

Its gettin tougher shey ? grin
Re: 10 Categories Of People You Meet In A Barbing Salon by tosyne2much(m): 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
akinsadeez:
- The magazine readers: If you have a barbing salon that buys magazines and newspapers everyday, then you will always meet these people there. They only come to read complete sports and after reading they must start an argument with someone about a topic in d magazine or newspaper.

- The phone chargers : These ones are also not interested in barbing, but they will bring about 5 extension boxes and plug all kinds of phones, torches, n electrical gadgets.

- The commentators : Throughout your time at the barbing salon, you won't see them sit in the chair to get a hair cut but they must comment on every hair cut the barber gives. They will be d one to see dat the shaping is uneven on one side, or that d hair cut doesn't fit d shape of your head, or something else. No matter the hair cut, they must comment.

- The spiritualist : They turn the barbing Salon into a preaching centre. They look for someone who looks like a sinner, start an innocuous conversation with him and gradually direct d conversation into preaching. Funny enough they don't need a Bible , all the verses they need are already stored in their heads.

@ d bolded

Bwahahahahahahaha roflmao Lwkmd lolxxxxxxxx grin

This is hilarious grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

That Annoying Moment When The Barber Messes Up Your Haircut / Boubou Lace Dress Styles - 2022 Beautiful And Classic Boubou Styles For Ladies / BEHOLD!!! The New IMO State Queen..as Cynthia Onyekachi Emerges As Miss IMO 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.