Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Evidences That God Exist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evidences That God Exist (9721 Views)

If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / One Of The Best Evidences That GOD Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidences That God Exist by Hiswordxray(m): 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
I have met many people that have struggled with believing in the reality of God. This is especially true for very intellectual people. They feel that there is zero proof for God’s existence.

Some people deny God’s existence because they love their lifestyle. They surmise that if there were a God, they would have to be accountable to Him and change their behavior. As a result, they simply reject the notion that God exists so they would not have to feel accountable to anyone for their actions. For them, to believe that there is no God helps to appease their
conscience in some way.

Others have experienced deep pain, sorrow and heartbreak in their lives. And many of them cannot understand why a good God would allow such things.
Even for the most devoted Christians, when tragedy strikes, faith is put into the salt-shaker.
No one can prove that God exists. Only evidences can be offered.

Here are a few things to consider before you adopt the idea
that no evidence exists for God’s existence:

1). A natural and inborn desire for God in the heart of humans supports God’s existence.
Virtually every religion in the world believes in a Creator. And there is no culture on the planet that does not have a religion as a part of its tradition. So the belief in a Divine Person is universal.
It can be found in all cultures, nations, and tribes. Desire implies and indicates the existence of a real object. In other words, if a person desires something, it shows that the desired object exists in some form.
If, for example, I desire a car, a house, or a particular job, then my desire for these objects demonstrates their existence.
Moreover, orphans desire parental love, even though they may have never seen their real parents or had a foster parent.
Someone may object, “Yes, but what about Santa Claus?
Children desire him and he’s not real.” Yes, but the Santa Claus myth is that of a human being who gives gifts to people. And the myth was spawned from historical origins.
So every desire of the heart arises out of an existing object,
even if that desire is tailored or reframed. Seeing that people in all cultures have a capacity and a desire to believe in, to know, and to fellowship with God, God must exist. The explanation for this, of course, is that God created humankind with a capacity to know Him and to fellowship with Him.

2). The multitude of answered prayers that cannot be explained by natural means affirms God’s existence.
What I have set forth thus far rests on the modern belief that everything can be answered by science or reason. But that belief is becoming old and tiresome. There is something within all of us that cries out for that which is unseen and spiritual.

Resting in the human heart is an authentic desire to experience God. These points relate to that intangible element which transcends reason, empirical proofs, and scientific models.
All who have known God throughout the span of time know that He is real by His response to their prayers and the specific guidance that He affords them in life. Neither coincidence nor chance could account for the thousands upon thousands of answers to specific prayers that Christians in the past and present have received. Many of these answered prayers were
miraculous in nature and cannot be explained by empirical means.
I have met a lot of people who have tried to dismiss this fact. But none of them could prove that such reports were not genuine.
Time and space would not permit me to describe the
countless answers to prayer that I myself have received in my life, not to mention the countless number of others who have had the same experience .
Although this evidence is subjective, it is still an evidence for God’s existence.

I would also add that the belief in God has changed multitudes of lives. Those who meet God change. Sometimes in profound ways.
By contrast, I have never seen the philosophy of atheism sober an alcoholic, reform a criminal, deliver a drug addict, or transform a prostitute. But God’s transforming power and love has done all of these things in the lives of multitudes.

One of the major objections that some of my friends have had
to my belief in God is the problem of human evil.
goes like this: “If God is good and all-powerful -, how can He allow evil in theSince evil exits, it provat God
cannot be good and all-powerful.”
Modern philosophers have perfected this argument. But here’s a question I’d like to ask you in response.
If you were God, how would you remove evil from the world at this minute?
Most people answer saying, “I would just remove it with the snap of my fingers.”
My reply: You have just annihilated every breathing soul from planet earth . . . including you and me!
The reason? Because every person on the planet is either presently committing evil or they are capable of committing evil. So you just terminated us all.

It seems to me that God had two choices when He created humankind. He could have created humans without a free will.
If He had, we would all be robots forced to follow His will at all times. The result would be no evil in the world. But God would get no pleasure out of it. Because we would be loving Him out of sheer force rather than free choice.
The other choice God had was to create beings with a free will who possessed the ability to choose to love Him or reject Him.
The net result is that evil would be born in the world, for some would reject Him and live selfishly. Not to mention the insidious consequences that often follow those selfish actions.
But the amazing thing about God is that He is so wise as to take the evil that is inevitable and use it for good. To put it in a metaphor, God is masterful at drawing straight with crooked lines.
I know in my own life there have been many horrible
experiences I endured because of the evil of others. I have also suffered as a consequence of my own foolish choices. But those experiences have always culminated in making me a stronger and better person. (Sometimes it takes years to make
that discovery.)
As one philosopher put it, “What does not kill you makes you stronger.”
These are just some things to consider.

Augustine said, “Do not seek to understand that you may believe, but believe that you may understand.”

Faith is simply trust. It is rooted in humility and is the tool of a child. It knows with the heart, not the mind. Though it doesn’t contradict reason.
Surprisingly, the Bible never sets out to prove God’s existence.
The Lord has chosen to remain invisible. He is a God who hides Himself (Isaiah 45:15). He has chosen to remain unprovable.
One reason for this is because salvation is a work that is utterly His own. It is exclusively His doing. No person could ever boast about being saved because they were bright enough
to figure out that God exists. Knowing Him is a matter of child-like faith that springs from humility, and it will always be so.
“The Lord resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble” and
“The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God,’” we are told in the Bible.
God reveals Himself to those with believing, child-like hearts.
While on earth, Jesus said, “I have hid these things from the wise and prudent, but revealed them unto babes.”
So be a child. Be a babe. For the kingdom of God is given to such.
Re: Evidences That God Exist by ammyluv2002(f): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
I don't need evidence to know my Creator exist...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidences That God Exist by Jackeeh(m): 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
ammyluv2002:

I tire o.
Re: Evidences That God Exist by Hiswordxray(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
Of all the articles I have read concerning the existence of God this is the best so far. So I decided to post it.
There are those go into the argument of creationism and revolution but the best evidence that God exist lies inside you.

It is that desire for something better, that dissatisfaction, that emptiness, that deep hunger and that longing for love and happiness is what I consider the best evidence that God exist.

If you desire love then you desire God, for God is Love.

1 Like

Re: Evidences That God Exist by plaetton: 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
If god , exists, then you would not need to look for evidence that he does.
Even looking at your so-called evidence, even if we ignore the glaring logical inconsistencies therein, it is till too wishy washy to support the existence of what should be so self evident.
I could use same evidence to prove the existence of Santa Clause, or The Unicorn.

There is more evidence for the existence of blackholes and dark matter than there are for this omni omni god.
Haba!

9 Likes

Re: Evidences That God Exist by pimplucious: 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
Take a look down at the world 30,000 feet on ur next flight and if u still not convinced take a look at me, I'm all the proof u need to know there's a God

1 Like

Re: Evidences That God Exist by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
false knowledge is worse than ignorance, religionists always want to be given answers, but not questions to solve. they jump and rejoice whenever they think answer has arrived.

1 Like

Re: Evidences That God Exist by Hiswordxray(m): 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
plaetton:
If god , exists, then you would not need to look for evidence that he does.
Even looking at your so-called evidence, even if we ignore the glaring logical inconsistencies therein, it is till too wishy washy to support the existence of what should be so self evident.
I could use same evidence to prove the existence of Santa Clause, or The Unicorn.

There is more evidence for the existence of blackholes and dark matter than there are for this omni omni god.
Haba!
Hey! Friend, how are you doing?
Re: Evidences That God Exist by Hiswordxray(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
DrJoe1:
false knowledge is worse than ignorance, religionists always want to be given answers, but not questions to solve. they jump and rejoice whenever they think the answer has arrived.

The truth is ageless, it is not something that just arrived.
That truth had existed from eternity past and will continue to exist in eternity future, even when all our facts, arguments and theories had failed.
We have the capability of knowing the truth and it doesn't need to be proven to us.

You know the truth. Don't deceive yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Evidences That God Exist by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hiswordxray:

The truth is ageless, it is not something that just arrived.
That truth had existed from eternity past and will continue to exist in eternity future, even when all our facts, arguments and theories had failed.
We have the capability of knowing the truth and it doesn't need to be proven to us.

You know the truth. Don't deceive yourself.

it's absurd when brainwashed religion followers(those who know nothing but what is written) talk about the TRUTH.
can you accurately narrate the names of your real biological grandparents(lineage) from the year 1501 to present??
you can never find God if you don't find yourself. the lost generation of Africa, there is still hope for our children.

1 Like

Re: Evidences That God Exist by seankafor(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
If God doesn't exist then Why do we have soul. Why didn't other animals have soul like humans. Why do we have consciences? That means an omnipotent being created us which is God.
Fools say in their heart there is no God
Re: Evidences That God Exist by plaetton: 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Hey! Friend, how are you doing?
wink
cheesy
Re: Evidences That God Exist by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
seankafor:
If God doesn't exist then Why do we have soul. Why didn't other animals have soul like humans. Why do we have consciences? That means an omnipotent being created us which is God.
Fools say in their heart there is no God

hey friend, you have something in common with my 3yrs old daughter, ...'reasoning'.

3 Likes

Re: Evidences That God Exist by Weah96: 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
ammyluv2002:

And Muslims don't need evidence to know that Allah is the Creator and Mohammed was his prophet. Paul was the manifestation of Iblis, and you carry his spirit in you.

4 Likes

Re: Evidences That God Exist by Weah96: 10:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
Hiswordxray:
Of all the articles I have read concerning the existence of God this is the best so far. So I decided to post it.
There are those go into the argument of creationism and revolution but the best evidence that God exist lies inside you.

It is that desire for something better, that dissatisfaction, that emptiness, that deep hunger and that longing for love and happiness is what I consider the best evidence that God exist.

If you desire love then you desire God, for God is Love.

This is all good and well, until you realize that there are different Gods. And the evidence that there is more than one creator is the fact that there are multiple holy books with vastly different messages.

How do you determine which book is telling the truth, if indeed there's only one God? Do you simply pick the one that your parents picked?

You will need more than just a "deep desire" inside to convince an Imam in Riyadh that you're not a gullible foo.l.

4 Likes

Re: Evidences That God Exist by seankafor(m): 6:23am On Dec 04, 2014
DrJoe1:

hey friend, you have something in common with my 3yrs old daughter, ...'reasoning'.
do i reason like ur 3 yr old daughter? Mehn that means am more or less a 3 yr old baby. Is that what u mean?
Re: Evidences That God Exist by AdeniyiA(m): 6:30am On Dec 04, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Re: Evidences That God Exist by davien(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2014
ammyluv2002:
I don't need evidence to know my fairy god-mother exist too... undecided
Re: Evidences That God Exist by honourhim: 10:55am On Dec 04, 2014
ammyluv2002:

My dear God bless you. I don't know why some christians waste their precious time discussing whether God exist or not instead of preaching the gospel. We all know for sure that there is God. Those who want to doubt can go ahead but it doesn't change anything. Even if all of us decides to disbelieve in God it will still not make God to stop existing. He has been there before creating us.

2 Likes

Re: Evidences That God Exist by Hiswordxray(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Weah96:

This is all good and well, until you realize that there are different Gods. And the evidence that there is more than one creator is the fact that there are multiple holy books with vastly different messages.

How do you determine which book is telling the truth, if indeed there's only one God? Do you simply pick the one that your parents picked?

You will need more than just a "deep desire" inside to convince an Imam in Riyadh that you're not a gullible foo.l.

The truth is that if you want to get confused the devil has provided opportunities and things that will help you get confused.
But if you are looking for the truth you would find it.

You what to know which God is true, then follow your heart.

But if you what to get confused then follow your head and think of all the many religion and the many gods.

So tell me who are you:
Are you someone who wants to get confused?
Or are you someone who wants to get the truth?
Re: Evidences That God Exist by dalaman: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
honourhim:

My dear God bless you. I don't know why some christians waste their precious time discussing whether God exist or not instead of preaching the gospel. We all know for sure that there is God. Those who want to doubt can go ahead but it doesn't change anything. Even if all of us decides to disbelieve in God it will still not make God to stop existing. He has been there before creating us.

The same way the muslims, Hindus, Taoist etc know for sure that their own Gods exist.
Re: Evidences That God Exist by Hiswordxray(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
plaetton:

wink
cheesy

OK I guess that means you are find.
Well am also find thanks for asking.

But when will you tell me why you left Christianity and this time don't try to prove that you are morally better than most Christians. Just simply tell me the truth.

Again I am not judging or condemning you. I'm only searching for the TRUTH. And please don't forget I love you because God loves you.
Re: Evidences That God Exist by plaetton: 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hiswordxray:

OK I guess that means you are find.
Well am also find thanks for asking.

But when will you tell me why you left Christianity and this time don't try to prove that you are morally better than most Christians. Just simply tell me the truth.

Again I am not judging or condemning you. I'm only searching for the TRUTH. And please don't forget I love you because God loves you.

I have tried my best to tell you about my aversion for religion in general, and christianity in particular.

My ancestral religions have superior philosophical underpinnings than these useless tokumbo religions.

But overall, I think some people are born different.
Most are born to follow, some are born to lead.

Religion has never made sense to me in all my life, not because I am a rebel, but because I think, ask questions and try to connect the disparate parts of religious beliefs and it's effects on people .
I am sort of obsessed with religion, especially as it affects African people and our indigenous cultures.

Please tell me why you do not believe in Santa Clause. grin

2 Likes

Re: Evidences That God Exist by Hiswordxray(m): 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
plaetton:

I have tried my best to tell you about my aversion for religion in general, and christianity in particular.

My ancestral religions have superior philosophical underpinnings than these useless tokumbo religions.

But overall, I think some people are born different.
Most are born to follow, some are born to lead.

Religion has never made sense to me in all my life, not because I am a rebel, but because I think, ask questions and try to connect the disparate parts of religious beliefs and it's effects on people .
I am sort of obsessed with religion, especially as it affects African people and our indigenous cultures.

Please tell me why you do not believe in Santa Clause. grin
You are funny.
But tell me do your disbelief in religion lead to your disbelief in God?

Or do you see God and religion as the same thing?
Re: Evidences That God Exist by honourhim: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
dalaman:

The same way the muslims, Hindus, Taoist etc know for sure that their own Gods exist.

And where did the muslim tell you that their God is different from the God we are talking about when their Koran acknowledged Jesus as the prophet of God whom God has taken to heaven? Where did the hindu tell you that their God is the creator of all?

1 Like

Re: Evidences That God Exist by plaetton: 9:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hiswordxray:

You are funny.
But tell me do your disbelief in religion lead to your disbelief in God?

Or do you see God and religion as the same thing?

The existence of god does not make sense in any way you analyse it.
The belief in the existence of god comes as a package of contradictions and inconsistencies.
Once a mind is hooked on that belief, then that mind is eternally bogged down with cognitive dissonance.
In order to mitigate that, the mind creates religion of myths and superstition, so that it becomes an avenue to dissipate the irrational logic of god's existence without the deafening effects of cognitive dissonance.

Just take a look at what the minds of men create in order mitigate cognitive dissonance.
1. Satan, devil, lucifer: The fall guy for god's apparent incompetence in creating and eradicating evil.
2. Hell, for those who refuse to accept the irrational logic of god and his existence.
3. Jesus : Supposed son of god who just happens to be god as well: created as sort of a celebrity makeover for god. To whitewash the silly god of the old testament and make him more attractive to everyone .
4. The Church: A way to compartmentalize the structure and hierachy of beliefs.
5. The Pope : Jesus's supposed vicar on earth : To keep the sheep in line.
6. Tithing: Why not profit and live large on the idea of god. " It has served us profitably ,this is myth of Christ " said Pope Leo X.

Etc, etc.

So, you can see, god is sold as a package, a heavy yolk, as far as ia m concerned.

3 Likes

Re: Evidences That God Exist by Hiswordxray(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
DrJoe1:

it's absurd when brainwashed religion followers(those who know nothing but what is written) talk about the TRUTH.
can you accurately narrate the names of your real biological grandparents(lineage) from the year 1501 to present??
you can never find God if you don't find yourself. the lost generation of Africa, there is still hope for our children.
Being so interested and constantly thinking about yourself leads to selfishness which is the cause of so many evil today.

Being so interested and constantly thinking about your race leads to racism which is the cause of many wars, conflicts and division.

Your philosophy is both harmful and dangerous. But would you hold on to this harmful and dangerous philosophy or would you embrace the truth which brings peace?
Re: Evidences That God Exist by dalaman: 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
honourhim:

And where did the muslim tell you that their God is different from the God we are talking about when their Koran acknowledged Jesus as the prophet of God whom God has taken to heaven? Where did the hindu tell you that their God is the creator of all?

The God of the Koran is not the same with the God of the bible unless if you wanna lie to your self. The God of the Koran has no son. The Jesus of the Koran is not the same with the Jesus of the bible. The Jesus of the Koran was not crucified, his birth story is very different from that of the Jesus of the bible, he is not the son of God and on and on. The Jesus of the Koran was a muslim. Are you really asking me this question about the hindus? Brahama created everything according to the Hindus. Obviously you are living in a world of your own. Go and do some studies about other religions, since it's obvious you know nothing about them.
Re: Evidences That God Exist by Hiswordxray(m): 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
plaetton:

3. Jesus : Supposed son of god who just happens to be god as well: created as sort of a celebrity makeover for god. To whitewash the silly god of the old testament and make him more attractive to everyone .

I understand others but can you please explain this part for me properly.
Re: Evidences That God Exist by honourhim: 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
dalaman:

The God of the Koran is not the same with the God of the bible unless if you wanna lie to your self. The God of the Koran has no son. The Jesus of the Koran is not the same with the Jesus of the bible. The Jesus of the Koran was not crucified, his birth story is very different from that of the Jesus of the bible, he is not the son of God and on and on. The Jesus of the Koran was a muslim. Are you really asking me this question about the hindus? Brahama created everything according to the Hindus. Obviously you are living in a world of your own. Go and do some studies about other religions, since it's obvious you know nothing about them.

My dear you are just telling your own stories just to cover up the loopholes in your submission. You are not a muslim and they never said what you have just said. you cant speak for them. You may be the one that needs to do some reading about your claims. John the baptist and Moses that were mentioned in the koran are also their own. You dey try. May be you should go and tell your story to small minds that will believe you.

The little i ve read about the hindus they didnt attach the creation of the world to God or any being. Except you are saying that what i read was wrong then give me a link to the right one pls.

1 Like

Re: Evidences That God Exist by dalaman: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
honourhim:

My dear you are just telling your own stories just to cover up the loopholes in your submission. You are not a muslim and they never said what you have just said. you cant speak for them. You may be the one that needs to do some reading about your claims. John the baptist and Moses that were mentioned in the koran are also their own. You dey try. May be you should go and tell your story to small minds that will believe you.

Is the Jesus talked about in the Koran the same with that in the bible? Please explain to m why the Jesus of the Koran isn't the son of God? Why his birth story was different, why he wasn't crucified and why he never ascended into heaven.

The little i ve read about the hindus they didnt attach the creation of the world to God or any being. Except you are saying that what i read was wrong then give me a link to the right one pls.

Below is a video illustration of the Hindu creation story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yWwFWpbRo

1 Like

Re: Evidences That God Exist by honourhim: 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
dalaman:

Is the Jesus talked about in the Koran the same with that in the bible? Please explain to m why the Jesus of the Koran isn't the son of God? Why his birth story was different, why he wasn't crucified and why he never ascended into heaven.

Yes and you know that thats one of the issues we have with them because they dont want to agree with us that Jesus is the son of God and that he died and resurrected. Never in this world have they claimed that they didnt mean our own Jesus in their koran rather they are even seeing their koran account of Jesus as a correction to the bible account. Except you dont want to be honest here bro. Kindly read a little about the koran and you will see that what they did was to modify the bible.

God has never been an issue between us and the muslims. It is the true worship of God, the principles of God etc that have been the issue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion / Reasons Financial Prosperity Doesn't Answer To Prayers Directly / Questions About Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.