Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion (947 Views)

Zobo Drink Was Brought In Instead Of Blood At Hospital? (photos) / Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State / Sc Or As Blood Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion by slightlyMad(f): 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion by slightlyMad(f): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
trust nigerians

Re: Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
Blood is actually transfused together with a bag of 0.9% normal saline, so that one is normal (in reply to the tweet)

As for the "blood" in the pic smh lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion by bigiyaro(m): 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
It's just to simply trace that sachet back to its darm roots. Bt i trust naija police to mess tins up.
Re: Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion by doctokwus: 12:00am On Dec 04, 2014
xcelsia post=2857078[b:
8]Blood is actually transfused together with a bag of 0.9% normal saline, so that one is normal (in reply [/b]to the tweet)

As for the "blood" in the pic smh lipsrsealed
Never heard of this. Can u educate me pls

1 Like

Re: Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion by Funjosh(m): 12:14am On Dec 04, 2014
Give me the sobo and get me a straw please lipsrsealed
Re: Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion by evanscheck(m): 1:03am On Dec 04, 2014
Maybe the zobo is mixed with blood, it cud be possible, u know to make up the volume..
Re: Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
doctokwus:

Never heard of this. Can u educate me pls
Yes, blood should always be administered with 0.9% normal saline intravenously, this is kind of to give it a "diluted" effect so it doesn't coagulate in the veins. Now both administration's are separated via IV lines and meet together at the point of entry, they are not to be mixed prior to transfusion.

Why should we use 0.9% normal saline? Because it is isotonic which is the same type of fluid we have in our body and helps the blood ease through the vein with little to no reaction if administered properly. Remember basic biology right?

Any other type of IV fluid will either be hypertonic or hypotonic, which can either cause our cells to burst or dry up. In addition to administering blood with normal saline, we also need to check the person's blood pressure at intervals to ensure it's not being administered too quickly which can have adverse reactions.

So basically if the person's blood pressure increases while receiving blood transfusion, the rate of flow should be slowed down or the administration itself paused to avoid complications

Blood transfusion is very delicate and should be treated as such, hope I've been able to answer your question smiley

1 Like

Re: Zobo Brought In As Blood For Transfusion by Obinoscopy(m): 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2014

(1)

Ectopic Pregnancy And Tubal Blockage / Is There Any Solution For Pile? / More Deaths In Ondo ‘ogogoro’ Poisoning – Health Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.