Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State (42703 Views)

Ebola Virus Scare In Calabar / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) / Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
On Thursday , the Anambra Commissioner of Health, Josephat Akabuike, announced on that a hospital has been sealed off and its workers and patients quarantined due to Ebola disease scare ,Premium Times reports.

Briefing journalists in the state's capital , Awka, Akabuike said the state government took action following the information received that a man whose body was brought back from Liberia at the weekend, might have died of the killer disease. He said that information available to the government indicated that the body was brought back from Liberia through Lagos and deposited in the mortuary at Nkwelle-Ezenaka in Oyi Local Government of the state.

"Part of the briefing is to tell you what we are doing to make sure we don’t allow the deadly virus to come into the state.What actually called for this is that we have a report that a corpse was brought through Lagos and the deceased was said to have been taken from Liberia where of course you know there are cases of the disease.The corpse was said to have been brought to Nigeria and deposited somewhere in Nkwelle-Ezunaka and the ministry was alerted and that is why we are taking all these measures."

The Police Command in the state have been directed by the state's governor to cordon off the place until the necessary tests were carried out.

SOURCE : >>> http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/165860-ebola-scare-in-anambra-government-seals-off-hospital.html#sthash.qOjAjnir.dpbs

SOURCE : >>> http://www.kingebuka.com/2014/07/ebola-scare-in-anambra-after-corpse-was.html
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by mascot87(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
The rate at which I wash my hands since d outbreak of d Ebola virus ehn no be here o. I use @least 500litres of water daily just to wash my hands. Baba God protect us oo cos na ur protection sure pass

72 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Eyop: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
mascot87: The rate at which I wash my hands since d outbreak of d Ebola virus ehn no be here o. I use @least 500litres of water daily just to wash my hands. Baba God protect us oo cos na ur protection sure pass
grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nigerians and their nonsense. How come the authorities allowed the corpse to travel all the way from Libera, Lagos and then Anambra? Shouldn't they have cremated the body in Libera? Does it mean no one alerted the authorities until the corpse got to Anambra? We'r only living at the mercy of God.

74 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Sunofgod(m): 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Na wa oh . . . .I blame whatever hospital that released that corpse.

The person should have been buried in liberia.

Or cremated and his ashes sent for burial (people in the village will understand)

Say the funeral went ahead, how many people would be infected paying their last respects?

SMH,

13 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Jakumo(m): 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sincere9gerian: We're only living at the mercy of God.

Too bad that God tends to withhold assistance from people who engage in idiotic behavior, such as transporting virus-infected corpses across national borders in total defiance of all common sense.

We have NOT heard the last of this matter, due to the incubation period of the Ebola virus varying from one to 3 weeks in newly infected victims.

13 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by AmNotDrunk(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
FFS. why bring a dead man from that deadly country who died from the deadly virus to Nigeria for Christ sake
The govt we curse almost in every thread are trying hard to protect us from this virus but yet for some reasons I don't know a family would rather take the risk of spreading the virus to the whole country, just to give there brother a " befitting" burial.
Clear indication that we are the cause of our problems.

SMH

39 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by baybiemee: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
What type of carelessness is this?? Putting the lives of people at risk. Too bad.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Descartes: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
Not in Anambra o o!! shocked shocked shocked
Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a master Strategist wink
Anambra Adigo Mma cool
My people of Anambra, let join hands together and fight this deadly disease called EBOLA with this control measure below cheesy cheesy cheesy

40 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Descartes: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
He said that information available to the government indicated that the body was brought back from Liberia through Lagos and deposited in the mortuary at Nkwelle-Ezenaka in Oyi Local Government of the state. sad
They mean he was deposited at Annex Hospital Nkwelle- Ezunaka
Chai Diaris… tongue
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Adenugay(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lord save Nigeria from this Ebola oo, I beg ni oo

Dirty Act Caught On Camera, A Guy & A Girl Recorded Live In The Toilet
>>> http://www./nigerian-celebrities-scandals/dirty-act-caught-on-camera/

Fashola’s Associate Marries Two Beautiful Friends In Lagos(INTERESTING READ)
>>> http://www./nigerian-celebrities-scandals/fasholas-associate-marries-two-beautiful-friends/

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by odinma1: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
Not in my domain. What is happening here?

I always tell my people to be very careful when they travel to all these West African countries. Liberia? Apart from greed, poverty and lack of hope, wetin persin dey go find for that kind place?

Anambra Adigo Mma cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
I cover my anambra people and every ibo with the precious blood of Jesus! Amen!

https://www.nairaland.com/1837446/nairaland-should-lunatic-section

19 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by BRAV0O(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
You can never see my comment on any e-bola thread!

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by uken73(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Not again.
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Aromas: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Na wa o,
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by omenka(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
The ineptitude of Nigerians and the authorities is indescribably alarming!!

How in the world could they allow a corpse into the country from Liberia with all that is happening in the region right now??

Sometimes things like this make me wanna think the white man could be right calling blacks "monkeys"!!

Can you just imagine the rubbish!! angry What part of the word "caution" don't our airport and immigration officials understand

So pissed right now!

29 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by freshness2020: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bringing the corpse back ?
What on earth cud dat be!
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ther fear of Ebola is the beginning of wisdom. Ndi Anambra,make una shine una eye o!

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by BRAV0O(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
bIoodyasassin: Am a killer am not afraid of death
oh u're that killer , I see
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Sunofgod(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Descartes: Not in Anambra
Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a master Strategist
Anambra Adigo Mma
My people of Anambra, let join hands together and fight this deadly disease with this control measure below cheesy

Better to be safe than sorry,

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1589968_img_20140731_093205_jpegcf235cb7fa25bbf271c00655b79d782b

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
God help US!! am scared!
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jakumo:

Too bad that God tends to withhold assistance from people who engage in idiotic behavior, such as transporting virus-infected corpses across national borders in total defiance of all common sense.

We have NOT heard the last of this matter, due to the incubation period of the Ebola virus varying from one to 3 weeks in newly infected victims.

I suspect myself after visiting the hospital at obalende. now my skill n feels warm and my eyes itch
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by CaptainBomb(m): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Endtime Virus.

1 Like

Am using God Almighty who created heaven and earth to beg everyone wey im name get 'ebola' inside e.g. Adebola, Okebola, Orebola, Oyebola, Ojebola, Otebola, Debola, Ifebola. etc not to attempt to shake or hug me till further notice. Na Jesus I take beg o

*na joke ooo*

12 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by wheesin(m): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
voltron:
I suspect myself after visiting the hospital at obalende. now my skill n feels warm and my eyes itch

bros come to my house in abj..d city of chiefs..i get strong agbo..original herb made from kolanut root,monkey urine and bat pen!S..I grind it well well and mix it wit confirm shinap..ogogoro..if you drink am the thing will disappear..trust me i av used it before..it work small.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by slimpoppa(m): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
dem need am
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by ifyalways(f): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
How did the corpse get to Anambra from Lagos?

This story does not add up, really undecided

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Descartes: 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide In Akwa Ibom After His Wife Dumped Him / Jack Ma Helps Africa Fight Coronavirus. Donates Masks, Test Kits To African / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.