Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

J.Cole Goes For The Whites. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / J.Cole Goes For The Whites. (1867 Views)

Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} / Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Pdizzle(m): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
J. Cole in a track "fire squad" on his new album "2014 Forest hills drive" dropped these bars:
"History repeats itself and that’s just how it goes / Same way that these rappers always bite each
other’s flows / Same thing that my ni**a Elvis did with rock ‘n’ roll / Justin Timberlake, Eminem, and then Macklemore,"
"While silly ni**as argue over who gon’ snatch the crown / Look around my ni**a, white people have snatched the sound / This year I’ll probably go to the awards dappered down / Watch Iggy win a Grammy as I try to crack a smile.”

People are saying it's a diss, but i think Cole is just being blunt, even if it's a diss, i think he will survive it even though Eminem is one big fish. Cole to me is the best socially conscious rapper for now. What do y'all think?
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Joe Cole is the best young rapper around (at least for me,prefer him to Kendrick),but come to think of it,Cole is bi-racial na, Why the hate ?

a diss at eminem and macklemore might not go well in the end.iggy might let this pass over because she's a dumb rapper who won't be able to get a rap battle bubbling against a 10year old.

J.Cole versus Macklemore --Cole wins

J.Cole versus eminem --- This gon be tough, I'm just gon take the back seat.

But J.Cole,WTF is wrong with you? no new song for how long ? yet you namedropping cos this folks are bagging awards after awards,abi you wan turn to Jay electronica ni ? LMAO grin .

As for iggy winning a Grammy,nothing is impossible, she beat eminem and Drake in two categories (Fav rap album and artist).I guess Cole is pissed cos he might never win a really big award AND THE GRAMMY......

Racial controversies for a new album ? pretty bad ...this just attention ,drop your album, I know 100+ folks who are getting your album,Get to work else iggy would be taking the Grammys and you would be praising yaself for being the best rapper in your songs
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by herald9: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
Lemme download the song first...

have been waiting for his new album like Christians waiting for the return of Jesus Christ undecided
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
herald9:
Lemme download the song first...

have been waiting for his new album like Christians waiting for the return of Jesus Christ undecided
there you go folk,great album but e no sweet like born sinner
http://www.leakedearly.net/albums/j-cole-2014-forest-hills-drive-album-1/
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by herald9: 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
Jregz:

there you go folk,great album but e no sweet like born sinner
http://www.leakedearly.net/albums/j-cole-2014-forest-hills-drive-album-1/

fankz bruv...might get to like em gradually...
Really appreciate this cheesy

Have always looked for forward to Cole's dissing...

But clashing with Eminem is gon be epic...shocked

I think Shady might win cause he's been doing this shiii from time immemorial ..Cole just wanna get the attention ..maybe he prolly wants people to see he's the next big think after Shady..grin

I bet K Lamar will give him a run for his money ..
BTW I hate to see my two fav rappers beefing themselves ...would just laugh it off and hug em both cheesy
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
herald9:

fankz bruv...might get to like em gradually...
Really appreciate this cheesy

Have always looked for forward to Cole's dissing...

But clashing with Eminem is gon be epic...shocked

I think Shady might win cause he's been doing this shiii from time immemorial ..Cole just wanna get the attention ..maybe he prolly wants people to see he's the next big think after Shady..grin

I bet K Lamar will give him a run for his money ..
BTW I hate to see my two fav rappers beefing themselves ...would just laugh it off and hug em both cheesy

I've heard Cole diss a number of times (say 3) but the only one I can remember now is "T.K.O remix "(Justin timberlake ft Jcole ,A$AP rocky and pusha T)....he dissed Kendrick Lamar and it was kinda deep but most people didn't notice it...You know Kendrick name-dropped him on Big Sean's Control(ft Jay electronica and Kendrick )....
Cole would murder Kendrick, (Kendrick isn't really good but because of the large number of stupid rappers around we all feel he's real good)...

As for who is gon win,I don't have any prediction(s),make we dey watch am

Download AND Enjoy good rap music bruh
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by herald9: 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
Jregz:

I've heard Cole diss a number of times (say 3) but the only one I can remember now is "T.K.O remix "(Justin timberlake ft Jcole ,A$AP rocky and pusha T)....he dissed Kendrick Lamar and it was kinda deep but most people didn't notice it...You know Kendrick name-dropped him on Big Sean's Control(ft Jay electronica and Kendrick )....
Cole would murder Kendrick, (Kendrick isn't really good but because of the large number of stupid rappers around we all feel he's real good)...

As for who is gon win,I don't have any prediction(s),make we dey watch am

Download AND Enjoy good rap music bruh

You said K Lamar ain't good?

[size=20]STRONGLY DISAGREED [/size]

Maybe you should try listening to his music some more...It's like a poetry in motion,it takes some really good minds to fully grasp the flavour in his rhymes ..I love his dramatic intros and outros...if he wasn't that good our own M.I wouldn't have been 'copying' him-check his new album.

But I thought Lamar and Cole were tight friends...They did coupla songs together eg 'forbidden fruit' and 'the jig is up' ..

Well..its true Cole may finish him...but he may still leave a bite..don't under-rate anyone tho.
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Boll2010: 12:31am On Dec 05, 2014
Jregz:
Joe Cole is the best young rapper around (at least for me,prefer him to Kendrick),but come to think of it,Cole is bi-racial na, Why the hate ?

a diss at eminem and macklemore might not go well in the end.iggy might let this pass over because she's a dumb rapper who won't be able to get a rap battle bubbling against a 10year old.

J.Cole versus Macklemore --Cole wins

J.Cole versus eminem --- This gon be tough, I'm just gon take the back seat.

But J.Cole,WTF is wrong with you? no new song for how long ? yet you namedropping cos this folks are bagging awards after awards,abi you wan turn to Jay electronica ni ? LMAO grin .

As for iggy winning a Grammy,nothing is impossible, she beat eminem and Drake in two categories (Fav rap album and artist).I guess Cole is pissed cos he might never win a really big award AND THE GRAMMY......

Racial controversies for a new album ? pretty bad ...this just attention ,drop your album, I know 100+ folks who are getting your album,Get to work else iggy would be taking the Grammys and you would be praising yaself for being the best rapper in your songs
yall kiss wet pussies more than a juicy lettuces, yall talk rap with blank mind,bird brain,and narrow thought, yall should shut traps when its hip-hop, what yall know about hiphop? This music section is scared like a kid censoring the word PUSSY!(I know this spam-bot gon'censor PUCCY )

Now to the topic.

JCole aint dissing, he was only thumping on black rappers foot that they should stay true to hiphop,they should stop chasing some ridiculous crown that doesn't exist! I bet yall didn't finish the end of that track, yall just talk dirty like a left-out nagging chic amidst peer. What cole said was afterall with the whole crown fighting a white personality gon'clinch awards! What cole means is GRAMMY is shitty as it concerned in HIPHOP#AskNas!

So yall stop whinning like samuel peter to klichsko

Yall can finish the lines to get a deeper meaning than reading blogs#this place is full of cow dungs. Sirshymex come look out?

Cole ends. The verse with this ill verse,now tell me who is sick like unwanted hard dick!

We all kings
(We all kings nigga)
Kings of ourselves first and foremost
(True)
While the people debate who's the king of this rap game
Here comes lil' ol' Jermaine
With every ounce of strength in his veins
To snatch the crown from whoever y'all think has it
But rather than place it on his head as soon as he grabs it
Poof, boom, paow, it's like magic
With a flash and a BANG the crown disintegrates
And falls from the Earth from which it came
It's done
Ain't gonna be no more kings
Be wary of any man that claims
Because deep down he claims onto the need for power
But reality he's a coward
Ultimately he's scared to die
And sometimes so am I
But when I'm in tune with the most high
I realise
The fear lies in my lack of awareness of the other side
Today I know that we are the same
Are the same, you and I
Different kind of skin, different set of eyes
Two different minds, but only one God
(It's only one God nigga)
It's for all the kings
Cause deep down I know every pore just wanna be loved
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 05, 2014
I love what J.Cole's Born Sinner. A critically acclaimed hip hop poet with a conscious rap attribute to boot. That was a vintage J.Cole.
He emphatically put his stamp on hip-hop map with excellent storytelling, creative wordplay and sleek flow over d0pe melodic beats.

I prefers J.cole's Born Sinner to K.dot GKMC
If his latest work is as good then the guy is a tour de force; ready for a toe-to-toe with any emcee.

Make I go digest the album first.
J.Cole rocks

1 Like

Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Nobody: 1:46am On Dec 05, 2014
herald9:

You said K Lamar ain't good?

[size=20]STRONGLY DISAGREED [/size]

Maybe you should try listening to his music some more...It's like a poetry in motion,it takes some really good minds to fully grasp the flavour in his rhymes ..I love his dramatic intros and outros...if he wasn't that good our own M.I wouldn't have been 'copying' him-check his new album.

But I thought Lamar and Cole were tight friends...They did coupla songs together eg 'forbidden fruit' and 'the jig is up' ..

Well..its true Cole may finish him...but he may still leave a bite..don't under-rate anyone tho.

Kendrick Is a good guy,got loads of respect for him and his music but let's call a "spade a spade"..... ... ....He's not really Good ,when his competitors are stupid rappers like Trinidad James,plies,rich homie quan,what do you expect ?

Yeah they good friends, that's why they throwing subliminals (not full fledged beef) at each other.......
Cole ---
Hoes like to hide their behavior though,thought you was a down ass bitch till I found that shit a couple days ago.
I was home alone, next thing I knowThat long ass verse from a song called "Control" was on.
The room got nearer, the tune got clearer.
That's when I seen the shit playing on your phone.
Girl, what is that, a ringtone ?
Shit, not you too.

Man that hype done got you too.
Everybody and their momma gassed.
Even my momma asked what I'mma do.
Decisions, decisions,In case this is war, then I load up on all ammunition.
If a nigga want problems, my trigger's on auto.
I 'll make sure that nobody miss him
Who else did he direct this ?
Forbidden fruit came with his album, (his album came before June, I guess),Control was released before Big Sean's album (late 2013),same as T.K.O, bruh, Shit happens ,ain't no friends stay together forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 05, 2014
Boll2010:
yall kiss wet pussies more than a juicy lettuces, yall talk rap with blank mind,bird brain,and narrow thought, yall should shut traps when its hip-hop, what yall know about hiphop? This music section is scared like a kid censoring the word PUSSY!(I know this spam-bot gon'censor PUCCY )

Now to the topic.

JCole aint dissing, he was only thumping on black rappers foot that they should stay true to hiphop,they should stop chasing some ridiculous crown that doesn't exist! I bet yall didn't finish the end of that track, yall just talk dirty like a left-out nagging chic amidst peer. What cole said was afterall with the whole crown fighting a white personality gon'clinch awards! What cole means is GRAMMY is shitty as it concerned in HIPHOP#AskNas!

So yall stop whinning like samuel peter to klichsko

Yall can finish the lines to get a deeper meaning than reading blogs#this place is full of cow dungs. Sirshymex come look out?

Cole ends. The verse with this ill verse,now tell me who is sick like unwanted hard dick!

We all kings
(We all kings nigga)
Kings of ourselves first and foremost
(True)
While the people debate who's the king of this rap game
Here comes lil' ol' Jermaine
With every ounce of strength in his veins
To snatch the crown from whoever y'all think has it
But rather than place it on his head as soon as he grabs it
Poof, boom, paow, it's like magic
With a flash and a BANG the crown disintegrates
And falls from the Earth from which it came
It's done
Ain't gonna be no more kings
Be wary of any man that claims
Because deep down he claims onto the need for power
But reality he's a coward
Ultimately he's scared to die
And sometimes so am I
But when I'm in tune with the most high
I realise
The fear lies in my lack of awareness of the other side
Today I know that we are the same
Are the same, you and I
Different kind of skin, different set of eyes
Two different minds, but only one God
(It's only one God nigga)
It's for all the kings
Cause deep down I know every pore just wanna be loved
really ? who didn't listen to the track ? I have the album,take a chill bruh.
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 05, 2014
JonBee1:
I love what J.Cole's Born Sinner. A critically acclaimed hip hop poet with a conscious rap attribute to boot. That was a vintage J.Cole.
He emphatically put his stamp on hip-hop map with excellent storytelling, creative wordplay and sleek flow over d0pe melodic beats.

I prefers J.cole's Born Sinner to K.dot GKMC
If his latest work is as good then the guy is a tour de force; ready for a toe-to-toe with any emcee.

Make I go digest the album first.
J.Cole rocks
Born sinner is a classic,I swear I can play the album 46times back to back.....
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 05, 2014
Jregz:

Pure classic!
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Boll2010: 7:39am On Dec 05, 2014
Jregz:

really ? who didn't listen to the track ? I have the album,take a chill bruh.

if you have the album then you should know better.
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Pdizzle(m): 7:57am On Dec 05, 2014
Jregz:

Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Pdizzle(m): 8:01am On Dec 05, 2014
Everybody with their opinion, for me Cole is better than K.Dot. I think Cole was trying to wake black rappers up, the whites are snatching the game, same thing they did to rock n roll. But i wanna hear eminem's reply to that biting bar.
And i hate when people say Cole should go to work, dude is the busiest rapper around, he produced all his shittt and went gold twice!
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
Boll2010:
if you have the album then you should know better.
just saw this........... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Boll2010: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2014
Jregz:

just saw this........... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
you don't need to go that far to convince me man!
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Pdizzle(m): 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Crazy outro
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by rudepen(m): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
Pdizzle:
J. Cole in a track "fire squad" on his new album "2014 Forest hills drive" dropped these bars:

People are saying it's a diss, but i think Cole is just being blunt, even if it's a diss, i think he will survive it even though Eminem is one big fish. Cole to me is the best socially conscious rapper for now. What do y'all think?
twasnt a diss man...cole just made an observation......if iggy could win a grammy before coddy macc or kendrick lamar.....nigg ama need a clearer defination for an AWARD
Re: J.Cole Goes For The Whites. by Pdizzle(m): 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
rudepen:
twasnt a diss man...cole just made an observation......if iggy could win a grammy before coddy macc or kendrick lamar.....nigg ama need a clearer defination for an AWARD

Read again, there's no clear statement in the post, calling it a diss.

(1) (Reply)

MUSIC: Vector Ft. Olamide – Mind Your Own [DOWNLOAD] / DOWNLOAD: Tiwa Savage - Sugarcane Full Ep / New Music: Mr Talkative - Oluwa Bless Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.