Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Problems With Flash Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problems With Flash Drive (1172 Views)

Problem With Flash Drive! / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With Flash Drive by moh(m): 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2006
hi, pls each time i try saving document on PDF into my flash is keeps giving me error message when am about to open it and i dont know wat 2 do. any 1 with any idea cos i have tried almost 3 flash, this is d 3rd flash am using now still d same problem.
Re: Problems With Flash Drive by my2cents(m): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2006
moh:

I am pulling at straws here to understand and answer your question, but here it goes:

1) Perhaps the PDF is corrupt (viruses, etc) or even the flash drives are corrupt. U mentioned 3 flash drives. Cd it b they are made by the same manufacturer?

2) Perhaps its in the way u r saving the PDF on ur flash drive to begin with. Just in case, once u copy from hard drive to flash drive, right-click in system tray where it says "remove hardware", select ur flash drive from the window and click "stop" then wait till u c message in system tray that says "it is now safe to remove your hardware (or something like that)"

I hope this helps. In the end, u may just end up having to save directly onto the flash drive.
Re: Problems With Flash Drive by omogenikky(f): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2006
if u have tried three flash drives with the same problem and have been trying to access those files on your PC, then maybe its ur PC that has a problem with adobe acrobat. Either you do not have it or you need to install updates.
Re: Problems With Flash Drive by aadewale(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2006
well my brother,i thinku arenot the only one experiencing that knid of a problem I have been plagued with that too.and i lost some vital documents through that issue. What i think is that you should try and buy the original of those flash drives and be careful the way you handle them.

(1) (Reply)

Online But Invisible / You Don't Have To Endure That Slow Expensive Internet Access. / How Much Can I Change Laptop Case At Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.