Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Will Hold - NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Will Hold - NFF (776 Views)

Nigeria Vs Brazil: FIFA U-17 World Cup Quarter Finals (3 - 0) Live / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria U21 Vs Brazil U21 - Toulon Int'l Tournament (1 - 1) On 4th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Will Hold - NFF by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2014
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has declared that the international friendly match between the Super Eagles and their Brazilian counterparts, the Selecao, will go on as scheduled in Uyo on March 29, 2015.

NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, stated that the international friendly with Brazil has not been cancelled following reports that the South Americans will face France on March 26, 2015 - just three days before the planned tune- up with Nigeria at the Akwa Ibom Stadium in Uyo.

He disclosed that the football federation is planning to ensure that
"we utilize all the FIFA –free days for international friendlies next year."

Pinnick added that the Brazilians will fly into Nigeria after their friendly with France to meet the Super Eagles in the tune-up game.

“It is not true that the match had been cancelled. There is nothing like that. What people are probably not clear about is the fact that Brazil will play France around the same period.

“Brazil will play France on March 26, while they will fly to Nigeria to play the Super Eagles at the Akwa Ibom International Stadium on March
29. The two games and dates are quite different.

“We are working hard at ensuring that we utilize all the Fifa–free days for international friendlies next year. There are about 10 of those dates and we will get opponents for the Super Eagles for each and everyone of them," said the NFF chief.

It will be the second time that Nigeria will play hosts to the five-time world champions after doing so in June 2003 when the South Americans defeated the Super Eagles 3-0 at the National Stadium in Abuja

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nff-brazil-friendly-to-hold-as-planned/195803/
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Will Hold - NFF by manutdadex(m): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2014
se no be wash?? But all d same, it wil b an interestine match up
.wud love to c aw ambrose wil handle neymar? (i go so laff) but we fit win!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Will Hold - NFF by homesteady(m): 8:50am On Dec 05, 2014
I just hope the result will not be so embarrassing!
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Will Hold - NFF by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 05, 2014
manutdadex:
se no be wash?? But all d same, it wil b an interestine match up
.wud love to c aw ambrose wil handle neymar? (i go so laff) but we fit win!
this reminds me of their previous encounter, you know what happened gringrin

@topic
it is time we put an end to our greivances of not qualifing for the nations cup, It is not the end of the world.
This is a chance for us to go back to the drawing board, try to fix and get things right, organize and play lots of friendly matches to help prepare for other upcoming competitions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Will Hold - NFF by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 05, 2014
homesteady:
I just hope the result will not be so embarrassing!
same with what I'm thinking over here grin

Brazilians, play us with a simpatizing heart.gringrin
we are still trying to recover from our nations cup absents gringringrin

(1) (Reply)

Beckenbauer: Referees Will Be Replaced By Drones. / Opinion: Wenger Should Trade Cazorla Or Ozil For Isco!! / Fixed Matches Are Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.