Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class (1267 Views)

10 Types Of Lecturers You Meet In The University / 10 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Hostels / 12 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Night Classes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2014
Are you an undergraduate in any Nigerian university?
if yes, do you frequently go to class to read at night?
If yes, then you can affirm these observations of mine about the kinds of people/characters that one meets in class. You can add any one you think should also make the list...

1)OUTRIGHT NOISEMAKERS: This people are crazy people that come to the class just to make noise. They come with a pile of books as though they would diligently study them but eventually end up discussing loudly with colleagues..

2)LOVERS: These ones see the class as a ‘love garden”. They ignore cafes and other romantic places they could conveniently hook up for the reading classrooms. They place books in front of them in mere pretence when their main objective is entirely averse to reading. Their contemptible activities tend to distract other people studying in the same class

3) Gamers: People can be so childish and crazy when given a leeway. These people come to the class with their PC just to play games (e.g FIFA). Its so annoying the way they distract even the serious ones. Succinctly, I would say that gamers are selfish people.

4)DOZERS: LOL! These ones are the funniest, they go to class enthusiastically with intention to read hard but in a minute time sleep takes over them. Some of them even snore hard. They are very common in my university.

5) HUNTERS: Males are the principal subjects here; they come to class with an unflinching motive to check out for pretty girls they can hook up with. You will see them peeping through class windows and taking glances at peoples faces.. guys can be naughty you know.

6)”THE LADY’S TEACHER”: He is a guy that you hardly see reading on his own. He only comes to class to teach girls (beautiful) maths or any other complex course. You see him with Ada today, Aisha tomorrow and Funke next tomorrow…

7) CHAT KINGS/QUEENS: Yes, they make it to class with their books, open them and place them before them on the desk. Then they pick up their phones and start chatting. Eventually, one would realize that they barely read a page of their book. They act as though they were compelled to come to class to read.

Add yours.....
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Wisegeek01(m): 9:07am On Dec 05, 2014
Nice"

1 Like

Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by guruvick(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2014
Lol

Still seeing them
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by teemanbastos(m): 9:30am On Dec 05, 2014
lol...also The ones who turn d classroom into buka.
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by kbshow100(m): 10:40am On Dec 05, 2014
I will consider your list incomplete if you didn't mention space bookers(especially if the hall Have AC),,they will book the space and go out gisting with friends and will later come to pick their reading material without reading a single word. Some of our naairalanders learn space booking from school,,that is they never stop

1 Like

Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by phorget(m): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2014
"The Thiefs"... This one come into the reading class anticipating the vulnerability of other students. Ones u mistakenly leave ur valuables in their zone then forget about it.

1 Like

Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 10:37am On Dec 06, 2014
kbshow100:
I will consider your list incomplete if you didn't mention space bookers(especially if the hall Have AC),,they will book the space and go out gisting with friends and will later come to pick their reading material without reading a single word. Some of our naairalanders learn space booking from school,,that is they never stop
Lol, Are you from one of those American school?
in my school, we have no ACs in halls... lol
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 10:45am On Dec 06, 2014
teemanbastos:
lol...also The ones who turn d classroom into buka.
Buka means mobile restaurant right
lol, which school is that?
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 06, 2014
U are right @op

1 Like

Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 10:52am On Dec 06, 2014
guruvick:
Lol

Still seeing them
seeing wat?
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 10:53am On Dec 06, 2014
Sadia1992:
U are right @op
stadia where do u school?
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 11:02am On Dec 06, 2014
These facts , I observed them in my school
.. Don't know how they relate to other schools....
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Conel77(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
nevertheless nah naija uni so everything is prone to happen.
Capableben:
These facts , I observed them in my school
.. Don't know how they relate to other schools....
nevertheless nah naija uni so everything is prone to happen.
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
Capableben:

stadia where do u school?
fed.poly.ede
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
Sadia1992:
fed.poly.ede
cool
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
Conel77:
nevertheless nah naija uni so everything is prone to happen.nevertheless nah naija uni so everything is prone to happen.
yea
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Joeself1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
what about people that school in France
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
Joeself1:
what about people that school in France
Are there schools in France?
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Joeself1(m): 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
Capableben:

Are there schools in France?
that should be question for the gods

#lol..... grin
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 1:09am On Dec 11, 2014
Joeself1:

that should be question for the gods

#lol..... grin
this post deserves FP, what ya think
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 1:14am On Dec 11, 2014
phorget:
"The Thiefs"... This one come into the reading class anticipating the vulnerability of other students. Ones u mistakenly leave ur valuables in their zone then forget about it.
Let's hit FP with this page..
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Joeself1(m): 8:58am On Dec 11, 2014
Capableben:

this post deserves FP, what ya think
don't mind those mods

they are bias!!!
Re: People You'll Meet In A Typical Nigeria University Reading Class by Capableben(m): 11:43am On Dec 11, 2014
Joeself1:

don't mind those mods

they are bias!!!
wats the name of the mod for this section let me quote him..

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pidgin Proverbs And My Translation To Them / Intra University Transfer / Please Help,delsu Wont Screen Me Because.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.