Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? (2206 Views)

Two Drivers Refuse To Give Way For For Another In Abeokuta (photos) / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means / Toyota Corola Engine Light refuse to off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by lonelydora: 9:07am On Dec 05, 2014
My good people of Car talk, I urgently need help on how to clear this dashboard light. Remember, I bought about about 3 sets of brand new ABS sensors, it didn't help. I decided to go for Tokunbo sensors, which I was present when they disconnected it from a car. We tested the car and confirm it was ok.

The greatest issue is that when I scan atimes it won't pull up a TCS/ABS CODE. If it eventually pulls up, I try to clear the code which will clear but after like 20 minutes of driving it comes up again.

Anyone with info on what I can do, please help me. I'm tired of changing the sensors. I don't like seeing light on my dash.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Re: Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by tyoseni(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2014
What type of diagnostic tools are you using to scan the car? My advice is to get a professional diagnosis scanner to scan the car so that you can get the actual fault code that is causing the light to be on.
If you are in Lagos give me a call on 08023822583 let's take a look at it.
Re: Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by lonelydora: 9:47am On Dec 05, 2014
tyoseni:
What type of diagnostic tools are you using to scan the car? My advice is to get a professional diagnosis scanner to scan the car so that you can get the actual fault code that is causing the light to be on.
If you are in Lagos give me a call on 08023822583 let's take a look at it.
My brother, I have used so many scanners(which I cannot start mentioning, both big and small).

I am in Port Harcourt
Re: Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:51am On Dec 05, 2014
lonelydora:
My good people of Car talk, I urgently need help on how to clear this dashboard light. Remember, I bought about about 3 sets of brand new ABS sensors, it didn't help. I decided to go for Tokunbo sensors, which I was present when they disconnected it from a car. We tested the car and confirm it was ok.

The greatest issue is that when I scan atimes it won't pull up a TCS/ABS CODE. If it eventually pulls up, I try to clear the code which will clear but after like 20 minutes of driving it comes up again.

Anyone with info on what I can do, please help me. I'm tired of changing the sensors. I don't like seeing light on my dash.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Do a live scan on abs, allow car move not more than 20km/ph check wheel speeds of individual sensors to see which is failing.
Re: Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by AutosBay(m): 10:16am On Dec 05, 2014
What you are describing when the car doesn't go over 20mph is called "limp mode" or "fail safe mode". It happens when the ecu sees something wrong with a major sensor. It sounds like you have either a bad wheel sensor, bad ground, or a bad ABS actuator.
Re: Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by tyoseni(m): 10:45am On Dec 05, 2014
lonelydora:

My brother, I have used so many scanners(which I cannot start mentioning, both big and small).
I am in Port Harcourt
If that be the case, What are the fault code that was generated on the ABS system knowing fully well that it is the ABS SYSTEM that is still malfunctioning.

You can do a live data of the wheel speed sensor as it was mentioned by GAZZUZZ. And also Do some actuator test on the ABS component via the scanner as well.

Also the ABS wiring system should be looked into for either open circuit or short to ground problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
AutosBay:
What you are describing when the car doesn't go over 20mph is called "limp mode" or "fail safe mode". It happens when the ecu sees something wrong with a major sensor. It sounds like you have either a bad wheel sensor, bad ground, or a bad ABS actuator.

Mr expert, it is not a crime to keep shut when u don't know something, rather than trying to portray urself as an expert when u are not. Op didn't even say his car was in limp mode, but then as usual u just copy and paste something from the internet to make u look like an expert. Get a grip already.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20110406162909AAbce1W

2 Likes

Re: Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by lonelydora: 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2014
Thank you all for your contributions. How do I do a live scan?
GAZZUZZ:

Do a live scan on abs, allow car move not more than 20km/ph check wheel speeds of individual sensors to see which is failing.
Re: Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by icemann(m): 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
lonelydora:
Thank you all for your contributions. How do I do a live scan?

We know your car is a Camry, but if you tell us the year and model people with similar problems might help you.
Re: Why Has This TCS/ABS Light Refuse To Go??? by lonelydora: 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2014
icemann:

We know your car is a Camry, but if you tell us the year and model people with similar problems might help you.
Sorry. 2003 Honda Accord V6 EX-L.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can I Get A Grade Tokunbo Toyota Sienna? / Need A Toyota Highlander / Vibration Problem In Pathfinder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.