Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Dealing With Mid-life Crises - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dealing With Mid-life Crises (582 Views)

3rd Class Crises / Powerful Phrases For Dealing With Difficult People / 10 Practical Ways To Dealing With Difficult People Anywhere. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Mid-life Crises by bugativeron: 9:54am On Dec 05, 2014
What is mid-life crises?
In a paper published in 1965, Elliott Jaques, then 48 and a relatively unknown Canadian psychoanalyst and organizational consultant, coined the term “midlife crisis.” Jaques wrote that during this period, we come face-to-face with our limitations, our restricted possibilities, and our mortality.

In his own midlife and beyond, however, Jaques did not seem to live with a sense of limitations. In the 38 years between the publication of that paper and his death in 2003, at age 86, he wrote 12 books; he consulted to the U.S. Army, the Church of England, and a wide variety of companies; he married Kathryn Cason, who was his wife and collaborator for more than 30 years; and, with Cason, he founded a consulting company devoted to the dissemination of their ideas.

Are you in your late 30s and mid 40s? Are you confused about way forward? Lets meet here and share how to take control of our lives. Are you working 9 to 5 and you are wondering how long it will continue before you cross over to entrepreneur side or move to the top of your career?

Let us keep the ball rolling nairalanders.
Re: Dealing With Mid-life Crises by bugativeron: 10:11am On Dec 05, 2014
For me in my very early 40s with a young family and a career that is just hanging in the air I keep searching for way out. I thought by the time I came to be in my early 40s I should be on my own. But it seems that vicissitudes of life is making it to be otherwise.
I went into farming in my mid 30s but since I had to move from one state to another on my job I was forced to close it down 5yrs later. So can we share info on how to deal with all these.
Re: Dealing With Mid-life Crises by bugativeron: 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ain't you guys going to comment?
Re: Dealing With Mid-life Crises by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 07, 2014
This thread will make much more sense in family section. Most people here are young univ. leavers looking for a job.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Programme At Deloitte – Port-harcourt / Do You Want To Be Your Own Boss? / Jobs At UNOPS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.