Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Lexus Is250 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Is250 (11556 Views)

Any Lexus Is250 Owners Here? / Registered Lexus Is250 Needed (2) (3) (4)

Lexus Is250 by maballack(m): 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2014
Please house are there any known issues to creep up with buying and using a lexus is250 .....plan on buying one and dont know if its problem prone or would deliver same reliability as a Toyota , been that thats its Parent company

Re: Lexus Is250 by doroboss(m): 2:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
maballack:
Please house are there any known issues to creep up with buying and using a lexus is250 .....plan on buying one and dont know if its problem prone or would deliver same reliability as a Toyota , been that thats its Parent company

Its a nice ride, if you can afford it buy it.
Re: Lexus Is250 by lacasa: 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
Luxury ride cool
Re: Lexus Is250 by maballack(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2014
am
Re: Lexus Is250 by tope24(m): 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
you can check edmunds website for the reviews but i can assure that with proper maintenance especially the transmission, you will enjoy the automobile.

Re: Lexus Is250 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
It's a perfect car you won't regret it I was once interested in the car it had a perfect review nothing can go wrong. I would advice you go for the IS 350 Has more power and more economical. If you get the one with the Navi and 12 speaker levinson audio system you're good to go.
Re: Lexus Is250 by Fulaman198(m): 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
It's a nice car but a bit underpowered. If you can afford an IS350, then get that instead.
Re: Lexus Is250 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
Fulaman198:
It's a nice car but a bit underpowered. If you can afford an IS350, then get that instead.

Yeah nothing like that 3.5 V6 Power. We finally agree on something.

Re: Lexus Is250 by Fulaman198(m): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
cne010:

Yeah nothing like that 3.5 V6 Power. We finally agree on something.

Loll
Re: Lexus Is250 by AutosBay(m): 5:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
The Lexus is, as most Toyotas often are, far more reliable and durable than anything else in that class/price range. If you plan on keeping it for beyond five years, go with the Lexus.

Re: Lexus Is250 by maballack(m): 10:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
Thanks guys ......the Is350 is not readily available in the nigerian market as whats common is Is250 and es350....
Would have to stick to the Is250 though would have loved an Is350 , i just dont want a big body thts why i dont want to buy the es350 and then again very much inlove with the pedal gear pushers option available to is250
Re: Lexus Is250 by yungboss(m): 7:25am On Dec 06, 2014
Fulaman198:
lol, like cne010 stated,for once we are on the same page wink
Re: Lexus Is250 by yungboss(m): 7:48am On Dec 06, 2014
I'm seriously considering the is350 too among other cars in my list
Re: Lexus Is250 by icemann(m): 2:36am On Dec 07, 2014
yungboss:
I'm seriously considering the is350 too among other cars in my list

You can also look at the IS 350/250 SC. It's a hard top convertible.
Re: Lexus Is250 by Export1: 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2014
It might be interesting!

Used Lexus IS 250 Models
The previous-generation Lexus IS 250 was introduced for the 2006 model year and lasted through 2013. Although it used the same 2.5-liter V6 engine as the current IS, it was a significantly smaller car and passenger quarters were quite snug.

This IS 250 could be had with either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. Its 2.5-liter V6 produced 204 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque. Rear-drive models could be had with a six-speed manual transmission or a six-speed automatic, while the AWD car was only available with the automatic.

Standard equipment varied over time but typically included 17-inch alloy wheels, power front seats, leather upholstery and a premium sound system. Major options included xenon headlights, heated and ventilated front seats, a Mark Levinson surround-sound audio system, a navigation system and an F Sport package that includes a sport-tuned suspension and sport seats.

In reviews, we found this Lexus IS 250 was smooth-riding and quiet but not very involving to drive due to merely adequate acceleration and lifeless steering. Inside, the leather-lined Lexus IS 250 felt luxurious even in standard spec. But taller drivers often took issue with the lack of headroom up front, while the backseat offered considerably less legroom than most competing luxury sport sedans of the same time period.

There were a few notable changes during the car's seven-year run. For 2009, Lexus restyled the grille, retuned the suspension and added a two-tone interior option. For 2010, there were a number of technology upgrades including a new iPod interface, enhanced Bluetooth and a hard-drive-based navigation system (a change from the earlier DVD-based unit). After 2012, the manual transmission was no longer available. Tech fans should note that these IS 250 models lack much of the current car's available tech features, including HD radio and smartphone app integration.

The first generation, known as the IS 300 was sold from 2001-'05. This car was quicker and more involving to drive than today's IS 250, but it was even smaller than the second-generation Lexus IS. It wasn't particularly refined or luxurious either, as its cabin design was more reminiscent of a Toyota than a Lexus.

Re: Lexus Is250 by yungboss(m): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
Export1:
It might be interesting!

Used Lexus IS 250 Models
The previous-generation Lexus IS 250 was introduced for the 2006 model year and lasted through 2013. Although it used the same 2.5-liter V6 engine as the current IS, it was a significantly smaller car and passenger quarters were quite snug.

This IS 250 could be had with either rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. Its 2.5-liter V6 produced 204 hp and 185 lb-ft of torque. Rear-drive models could be had with a six-speed manual transmission or a six-speed automatic, while the AWD car was only available with the automatic.

Standard equipment varied over time but typically included 17-inch alloy wheels, power front seats, leather upholstery and a premium sound system. Major options included xenon headlights, heated and ventilated front seats, a Mark Levinson surround-sound audio system, a navigation system and an F Sport package that includes a sport-tuned suspension and sport seats.

In reviews, we found this Lexus IS 250 was smooth-riding and quiet but not very involving to drive due to merely adequate acceleration and lifeless steering. Inside, the leather-lined Lexus IS 250 felt luxurious even in standard spec. But taller drivers often took issue with the lack of headroom up front, while the backseat offered considerably less legroom than most competing luxury sport sedans of the same time period.

There were a few notable changes during the car's seven-year run. For 2009, Lexus restyled the grille, retuned the suspension and added a two-tone interior option. For 2010, there were a number of technology upgrades including a new iPod interface, enhanced Bluetooth and a hard-drive-based navigation system (a change from the earlier DVD-based unit). After 2012, the manual transmission was no longer available. Tech fans should note that these IS 250 models lack much of the current car's available tech features, including HD radio and smartphone app integration.

The first generation, known as the IS 300 was sold from 2001-'05. This car was quicker and more involving to drive than today's IS 250, but it was even smaller than the second-generation Lexus IS. It wasn't particularly refined or luxurious either, as its cabin design was more reminiscent of a Toyota than a Lexus.
no doubt the is300 would be quicker, it is lighter and more powerful. Even with the auto tranny, the car was very quick when i drove it.
Re: Lexus Is250 by space9880: 1:19am On Jan 28, 2019
cne010:
It's a perfect car you won't regret it I was once interested in the car it had a perfect review nothing can go wrong. I would advice you go for the IS 350 Has more power and more economical. If you get the one with the Navi and 12 speaker levinson audio system you're good to go.

hello by economical do you mean consumes less fuel?
Re: Lexus Is250 by lightdream: 8:17am On Jan 28, 2019

Pretty Soon Electric Cars Will Cost Less Than Gasoline Driven Ones / 13 Awkward Things That You Observe In A Danfo / DRIVING Tips:what To Do If The Road Is Flooded