Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Share Your First Driving Experience - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Your First Driving Experience (11761 Views)

How Was Your First Driving Experience? / Share Your First Driving Experience On The Road / #2.20kobo: First Driving Licence My Dad Acquired In 1975(Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your First Driving Experience by SpicyMimi(f): 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
Good day house,
...so I have just started learning how to drive....today should make my 4th driving lesson and I must say, its been fun and hummmmmmhummmmmm lipsrsealed

I used to think driving was so easy, with the way the drivers and danfo drivers especially drive on the road without even concentrating. I finally got to sit behind the steering and realized driving needs full concentration.
I decided to go for manual class, because I heard it is the best and one would be able to drive Auto with manual experience.

Challenges:
1. The steering; Oh mehnnn....its so easy to loose control of the steering and also so easy to concentrate. Biko, how come our danfo drivers don't concentrate and even look back to collect money as conductor from passengers? shocked

2. Gear: Manual car ehnnnn....na wire! To change gear, you have to depress your clutch pedal, change the gear to 1, Neutral, 2....etc oh boy!

3. Brake; The fact that you have to depress the clutch before depressing the brake is stressful....then sometimes I forget the clutch isn't brake, I almost forget the brake pedal exists until I have passed where I'm supposed to stop. Kai

4. Being on the road: Seeing yourself in the middle of the road, controlling the steering, making sure you don't collide with other cars....toh

So please drivers in the house, share your experience and encourage we the up coming drivers. And please how long did it take you to drive smoothly and with full confidence? What are the things one need to know apart from what we learners are being taught in the driving school?

Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by castrol180(m): 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
SpicyMimi:
Cc: lalasticlala

This is rubbish of the highest order as you are still dragging FTC with us. But why?
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by SpicyMimi(f): 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2017
castrol180:

This is rubbish of the highest order as you are still dragging FTC with us. But why?
Lol but I didn't receive alert naanaa tongue

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by castrol180(m): 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
SpicyMimi:

Lol but I didn't receive alert naanaa tongue

You can check your mail to redeem your prize and you will be happy, but don't forget your day 4, driving lesson...
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by SpicyMimi(f): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
castrol180:

You can check your mail to redeem your prize and you will be happy, but don't forget your day 4, driving lesson...
HummmmmHumm embarassed embarassed
So can you drive?
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by castrol180(m): 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
SpicyMimi:
HummmmmHumm embarassed embarassed So can you drive?
Driving is my hobby, I do best after a long day driving.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Solmax(m): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
I still remember year 2011, I went to one driving school and my instructor was a typically taxi driver I know from my area. I can't forget his shouts of Match Clutch! Change gear!
I entered the main road that same day.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by demo4ril97(m): 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
Mine was no driving school or tutor, that faithful morning I carry basia and sponge collect water from konga. Then I wash my popsi Jetta! Chai nobody know my plan.

I kicked start and I tried to reverse oboi naso I almost hit Amaria (a new wedded woman in Hausa parlance) water tank I still summon courage try move the car, but I got to the main calamity chai very narrow crossover between a drainage and the main road my siblings alighted sharp sharp come dey hail me nasi I cut steering like say I wan replace am! To God be the glory I move the motor enter road to change gear come become gbege since na gear I I use the engine just dey hum like madt I just pilot am the next thing na my mumsi begin dey pursue me like she be Hussain Bolt. I come they see battalions dey hail me chai wahala I just of engine I com forget to put for gear to seize movement we need to start pursue the car because I come down.

I started my driving @ 14.

RIP Mum
angry

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
nice
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by midehi2(f): 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
mtcheeew! my own learning na shout, choi! u go fear fear na when you recieve the shouting of ur life just to learn how to drive...dat my x na otondo but he try sha grin cos that gave me the mind/boldness, to even dey keep koboko inside car for ds danfo drivers....but recently, no car undecided

6 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by moscobabs(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
h
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by nony43(m): 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
The fourth time I drove a car, I hit a police post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by fratermathy(m): 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2017

16 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Ezedon(m): 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
I'm speechless, its really challenging

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by AidilZ: 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
angry na trailer I use learn. tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Iamwrath: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2017
hehehehehehe

My neigbour's fence can explain better grin

12 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Primusinterpares(m): 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2017
I drove a truck way back then in my uncle's farm... I con jam one plam tree...since then i nor gree drive again...

1 Like

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Turks: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2017
Learnt with an Akwa-Ibom babe.

She said I drive her crazy undecided

10 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by jy2kbeyond(m): 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lol. it was Hell. Automatic Lancer made me sweat like I was controlling 1985 model trailer.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Judolisco(m): 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
I had an accident spoilt my dad's car I was in ss2 then my dad came bck from work I received d yabbin and beating of my life well I thank God am still alive to tell dis story but now I can drive well nobody taught me though I learnt it d hard way

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by pillarmaria(m): 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
I wish to learn how to drive..... its my next target.
I just have this feelings that driving wouldn't be difficult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by AidilZ: 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
demo4ril97:
Primusinterpares:
fratermathy:
nony43:
G
moscobabs:
h

Walahi Talahi thunder go soon fire una

3 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by soberdrunk(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
My first 'real' driving experience was in 2004 when i used my mothers 406 to visit one babe, for the over 10km journey i didnt go pass 'gear 3' or turn on the car stereo because of the tension and fear that it will make me crash the car. angry

7 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Donjudedi1: 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
cool grin
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Emodeee: 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
i came here to look for paperlace. na this kind thread you go find her.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Donjudedi1: 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
my main problem was the break, after that stage nna mehn na james bond i turn out to be for driving oh..i learned in jos sha so it was easy..no much mad drivers
MANUAL all the way
I no even use learners permit self na straight to drivers licence...thanks to too much racing movies
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Emman8(m): 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
Driving is easy, i learn how to drive mid feb and got learners permit and a day after i proceed to apply for driver license, got temporary within 3 weeks after (mid March) i ply Lagos to Akure journey for experience mehn it wasn't easy, just be brave.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
Driving isn't as easy as it seems. I hated the experience I had. It's very easy to lose control when turning at roundabouts. I hated and still hate roundabouts and left turns. It's hard to maintain the same speed. Every time I think of driving, I remember the number of times I scratched the car when turning and I get discouraged. I also remember my instructor yelling at me when I made mistakes, which didn't help my confidence at all. Can't blame the guy though, he cannot let one student come and kill him on top small salary he's receiving.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience by engrchykae(m): 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
i learnt with mack truck,now am driving mercedes truck,608,old and manual.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lamborghini Recalls 5,900 Supercars Due To Risk Of Fire / Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? / If It Works, It Ain't Stupid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.