Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,262 members, 7,957,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award (27299 Views)

Mohammed Abubakar Honours 11 Corpers In Bauchi (Photos) / Photos From The 2014 President's NYSC Honours Award At The Villa / The 2013 NYSC PRESIDENT HONOURS' AWARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 11:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
I did similar project ,and I haven't recv any msg about d award.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
@koya86. I did similar project ,and I haven't recv any msg on presidential award. what's going on?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 12:10am On Dec 14, 2014
@koya86. Below are my projects and I wasn't selected.
PROJECTS CARRIED-OUT:
[1]. COMMUNITY YOUTH'S SKILL TRAINING IN IRESI AND OTAN-AYEGBAJU COMMUNITY ON:
(a) ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS TRAINING.
(b) PRODUCTION AND PACKING OF:
I. LUBRICATING GREASE,
II. AFTER SHAVE,
III. LIQUID DETERGENT,
IV. INSECTICIDE,
V. BLEACH,
VI. TOILET SOAP,
VII. POWDER DETERGENT.

(C) PRESENTATION OF CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION TO TWENTY FIVE TRAINEES.

(d) PRESENTATION OF CHEMICALS AND EQUIPMENT TO TEN (10) BEST TRAINEES TO ENABLE THEM START-UP THE BUSINESS.

[2]. ORGANIZE TUTORIAL FOR SSS3 STUDENTS TO PREPARE THEM FOR MAY/JUNE 2011 WASC EXAMS.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 12:41am On Dec 14, 2014
@Koya86
Below are d projects carried out and no call from nysc yet.

PROJECTS CARRIED-OUT:
I. LUBRICATING GREASE,
II. AFTER SHAVE,
III. LIQUID DETERGENT,
IV. INSECTICIDE,
V. BLEACH,
VI. TOILET SOAP,
VII. POWDER DETERGENT.

(d) PRESENTATION OF CHEMICALS AND EQUIPMENT TO TEN (10) BEST TRAINEES TO ENABLE THEM START-UP THE BUSINESS.

[2]. ORGANIZE TUTORIAL FOR SSS3 STUDENTS TO PREPARE THEM FOR MAY/JUNE 2011 WASC EXAMS.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 1:48am On Dec 14, 2014
Below are details about my personal community development projects carried out during my service year. After the service year, the osun state NYSC invited me to train corp members on camp but it was unfortunate that I was not alright as at that period. Recently, there re comments on nairaland that NYSC has contacted the winners for the presidential award based on merit. If really the award is strictly on merit, I think I shouldn't be left behind. Here are the outline of the projects carried out.

PROJECTS contacted -OUT:
I. LUBRICATING GREASE,
II. AFTER SHAVE,
III. LIQUID DETERGENT,
IV. INSECTICIDE,
V. BLEACH,
VI. TOILET SOAP,
VII. POWDER DETERGENT.

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by donbuscka: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
What was you position in the state governor's award after your service?
Edy12:
Below are details about my personal community development projects carried out during my service year. After the service year, the osun state NYSC invited me to train corp members on camp but it was unfortunate that I was not alright as at that period. Recently, there re comments on nairaland that NYSC has contacted the winners for the presidential award based on merit. If really the award is strictly on merit, I think I shouldn't be left behind. Here are the outline of the projects carried out.

PROJECTS contacted -OUT:
I. LUBRICATING GREASE,
II. AFTER SHAVE,
III. LIQUID DETERGENT,
IV. INSECTICIDE,
V. BLEACH,
VI. TOILET SOAP,
VII. POWDER DETERGENT.

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Edy12:
@Koya86
Below are d projects carried out and no call from nysc yet.

PROJECTS CARRIED-OUT:
I. LUBRICATING GREASE,
II. AFTER SHAVE,
III. LIQUID DETERGENT,
IV. INSECTICIDE,
V. BLEACH,
VI. TOILET SOAP,
VII. POWDER DETERGENT.

Did you win a state award for this?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
Yes, I won state award and was nominated for presidential award.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
I took 4th position, and then, a lot of corp members commented that d selection criteria wasn't based on merit if not I supposed to take first position. I was invited after my service yr to train corps members on camp but I refused to go just because of their selection process that wasnt in favour of m. last yr, I heard that, class of degree should be included in presidential award selection process and I was grateful to God because I am a graduate of chemical engineering with second class upper division. with all these fact, I can boldly say that NYSC award isn't base on merit.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
I took 4th position, and then, a lot of corp members commented that d selection criteria wasn't based on merit if not I supposed to take first position. I was invited after my service yr to train corps members on camp but I refused to go just because of their selection process that wasnt in favour of m. last yr, I heard that, class of degree should be included in presidential award selection process and I was grateful to God because I am a graduate of chemical engineering with second class upper division. with all these facts , I can boldly say that NYSC award isn't base on merit.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by donbuscka: 12:01am On Dec 15, 2014
My brother, you should bad-mouth the presidential award becos from your answer below, u didn't even qualify for the presidential award. Its only the 1st and 2nd in each state award tht are forwarded for presidential award. So if u were 4th, you were neva nominated for presidential award. Forget what your fellow corps members tols u or the invitation u turned down or the class of degree, because some who are selected this year are even HND holders, not degree. So let's just be objective. Tht u were not seected doesn't make it a politicized award. Thanks... Hope usee it differently sir.
Edy12:
I took 4th position, and then, a lot of corp members commented that d selection criteria wasn't based on merit if not I supposed to take first position. I was invited after my service yr to train corps members on camp but I refused to go just because of their selection process that wasnt in favour of m. last yr, I heard that, class of degree should be included in presidential award selection process and I was grateful to God because I am a graduate of chemical engineering with second class upper division. with all these facts , I can boldly say that NYSC award isn't base on merit.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 6:12am On Dec 15, 2014
donbuscka:
My brother, you should bad-mouth the presidential award becos from your answer below, u didn't even qualify for the presidential award. Its only the 1st and 2nd in each state award tht are forwarded for presidential award. So if u were 4th, you were neva nominated for presidential award. Forget what your fellow corps members tols u or the invitation u turned down or the class of degree, because some who are selected this year are even HND holders, not degree. So let's just be objective. Tht u were not seected doesn't make it a politicized award. Thanks... Hope usee it differently sir.
donbuska,u answered rightly,to me he did only one project.no permanent structure and the impact and his leadership qualities may not be so great for higher recommendation.
Though he did the country proud.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 7:27am On Dec 15, 2014
Blaazoon22 the award is just for what you refer to as 2nd, and 3rd year. The award for what you refer to as 1st year has been given in 2012.
blaazoon22:
NOTE: This 2014 NYSC Presidential honours award comprised d set from.
1st year: 2010 C ,2011A, 2011 B
2nd year :2011 C ,2012 A, 2012 B
3rd year : 2012 C, 2013 A, 2013 B.

These 3 sets were combined frm which I guess selection was done and it had to be frm d very best based on their criteria.

Usually winners were meant to come frm each set but I don't knw why it happened dis way now.

If u had a state award and u emerged 1st ur state sends ur prjt and dt of any other winners d committee think is whot it to d national level. At d national level u can't predict . U go just dey pray make ur prjt make sense for their eyes!
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 7:33am On Dec 15, 2014
My brother, you only did 2 projects. All the projects you mentioned below are just one except for the lessons you organised for the exam class.
Edy12:

PROJECTS contacted -OUT:
I. LUBRICATING GREASE,
II. AFTER SHAVE,
III. LIQUID DETERGENT,
IV. INSECTICIDE,
V. BLEACH,
VI. TOILET SOAP,
VII. POWDER DETERGENT.

1 Like

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2014
catune:
My brother, you only did 2 projects. All the projects you mentioned below are just one except for the lessons you organised for the exam class.
@catune,hw far?any further news as regards to the new date?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 8:15am On Dec 15, 2014
Let me start by letting the house know that I'm a recipient of 2011 NYSC President's Honours Award bestowed on me on the 16th January 2012. I'll also want to assume that my contribution here is a post NYSC PCDS. I came across this thread while I was searching to know how the 2014 award ceremony went but it's obvious that it has been postponed. I've read all the comments here and I'm happy that one or two persons are enlightened about the award and it's process. For those who think the award is political, well you might need to change your believe and start doing something meaningful and positive for your community not just because of the award but for the smiles and happiness you will put on people's faces and lives respectively and the blessings that comes with it. For a corps member, that's were the award comes in. Let me through more light on some issues I read here. Serving in rural area is an advantage because you get to see so many things to be done than someone in urban area. Also, people in rural area will appreciate what you've done for then far more than people in urban area. Therefore, you get more commendations and testimonies in rural areas than you'll get in urban areas. This commendations and testimonies counts as they tend to inform the committee how your projects has affected lives in your area. This is partly the reason why someone will build a gigantic health centre and other projects and will not get the award. Probably because health centre is not the people's problem there as there might be a lot of health facilities around. So, it is important to identify they needs of your host community and not just carrying out projects. Mind you, if the award was to be based on its scale then, most people won't get the award as children of the rich would hijack the process by using their parents fund. That is why the use of personal fund is discouraged and can disqualify you. So the award is base on impact to the host community.

Note: To key in to the government's programmes could be of advantage. For example, doing an agricultural project. Also, your report writing is important as it informs the committee on what to expect and the impact you've made.

I hope that this information and the ones given by Blaazoon22 and Samuelkaykay could be of help. And just that you might know, I did 17 different projects and wasn't even expecting the award but it came. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 8:18am On Dec 15, 2014
No, I don't have any information regards to that.
samuelkaykay:
@catune,hw far?any further news as regards to the new date?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2014
The award is totally political even right from the state. Our best corp member then did only one project and your own project is of no way better than mine as can see. I served in a rural area where all their youths have no other source than Okada (Bicycle riders). I observed it and put on the empowerment project and today most of them still call me to appreciate the good work. I turned the invitation down because the project wasn't recognized during the selection process. I turned their invitation down not only because that but purposely because i was preparing for an aptitude test as at period.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by pota25: 9:48am On Dec 15, 2014
Pls I was contacted that I won the nysc presidential award which was to be help 11/12/2014 but leta I heard it as be prospond, pls is there any awaiting awarded here ? Pls I need information or contact
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by pota25: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2014
My contact for the nysc presidential award is 08068593285 , any follow winner should add me on whatsap or contact me pls
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by timothyuche1(m): 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
catune:
Let me start by letting the house know that I'm a recipient of 2011 NYSC President's Honours Award bestowed on me on the 16th January 2012. I'll also want to assume that my contribution here is a post NYSC PCDS. I came across this thread while I was searching to know how the 2014 award ceremony went but it's obvious that it has been postponed. I've read all the comments here and I'm happy that one or two persons are enlightened about the award and it's process. For those who think the award is political, well you might need to change your believe and start doing something meaningful and positive for your community not just because of the award but for the smiles and happiness you will put on people's faces and lives respectively and the blessings that comes with it. For a corps member, that's were the award comes in. Let me through more light on some issues I read here. Serving in rural area is an advantage because you get to see so many things to be done than someone in urban area. Also, people in rural area will appreciate what you've done for then far more than people in urban area. Therefore, you get more commendations and testimonies in rural areas than you'll get in urban areas. This commendations and testimonies counts as they tend to inform the committee how your projects has affected lives in your area. This is partly the reason why someone will build a gigantic health centre and other projects and will not get the award. Probably because health centre is not the people's problem there as there might be a lot of health facilities around. So, it is important to identify they needs of your host community and not just carrying out projects. Mind you, if the award was to be based on its scale then, most people won't get the award as children of the rich would hijack the process by using their parents fund. That is why the use of personal fund is discouraged and can disqualify you. So the award is base on impact to the host community.

Note: To key in to the government's programmes could be of advantage. For example, doing an agricultural project. Also, your report writing is important as it informs the committee on what to expect and the impact you've made.

I hope that this information and the ones given by Blaazoon22 and Samuelkaykay could be of help. And just that you might know, I did 17 different projects and wasn't even expecting the award but it came. smiley
Am touched by this your write and I wish to actually serve but am in the urban area
Does that mean that people in the urban areas can't serve and be awarded by the President

1 Like

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
Edy12:
The award is totally political even right from the state. Our best corp member then did only one project and your own project is of no way better than mine as can see. I served in a rural area where all their youths have no other source than Okada (Bicycle riders). I observed it and put on the empowerment project and today most of them still call me to appreciate the good work. I turned the invitation down because the project wasn't recognized during the selection process. I turned their invitation down not only because that but purposely because i was preparing for an aptitude test as at period.

It is clear that there's no convincing you about the merit of the award. What I find confusing however is the reason(s) for turning down NYSC invitation for training Corps members on camp: you first said (in earlier thread) you were ill at that time, then you mentioned that it was because the project wasn't recognized and now it is due to the aptitude test you had to do that coincided with the orientation. stop confusing yourself biko nu

1 Like

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
I wan't alright as at that moment but i could manage go for the training. Mind you, the NYSC invitation came before that of the aptitude test and i felt facing my future would be much more better than giving my precious time to those that didn't value the project initially. The project is far better than what you stated here. I still have the pictures with me. I am glad because those youths do call me till today.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Edy12: 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
@Koya86. I wasn't alright as at that moment but i could manage go for the training. Mind you, the NYSC invitation came before that of the aptitude test and i felt facing my future would be much more better than giving my precious time to those that didn't value the project initially. The project is far better than what you stated here. I still have the pictures with me. I am glad because those youths do call me till today.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
My dear, you can believe whatever and make excuses as long as you can. But this I know for sure, the 2011 NPHA wasn't politicised, because if it where, they people that got the award wouldn't have. All the people that got the award don't know anybody who can influence it for them and was so surprised the got it. Mind you most of us has your mindset before the award, so actually somethings still work in Nigeria.

Note: I was not the best (1st) in my state but I got the award while the best didn't. My earlier write up might help you with how the winners are selected.

Cheers!

Edy12:
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
They can just that it might be more difficult compared to someone in the rural area. Come to think of it, what PCDS can you do in urban area?

timothyuche1:

Am touched by this your write and I wish to actually serve but am in the urban area
Does that mean that people in the urban areas can't serve and be awarded by the President
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
The truth is that he doesn't even merit the award because he carried out the project for the award and not for his passion of affecting lives. If he's really one, he would honour that rare invitation.

Koya86:

It is clear that there's no convincing you about the merit of the award. What I find confusing however is the reason(s) for turning down NYSC invitation for training Corps members on camp: you first said (in earlier thread) you were ill at that time, then you mentioned that it was because the project wasn't recognized and now it is due to the aptitude test you had to do that coincided with the orientation. stop confusing yourself biko nu

2 Likes

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
catune:
The truth is that he doesn't even merit the award because he carried out the project for the award and not for his passion of affecting lives. If he's really one, he would honour that rare invitation.

You are right about that. My motivation all through the project was borne out of the need to positively influence the lives of locals and never expected for once to win the Presidential Award though I was looking forward to being recognized by the state for my efforts (which was actually a secondary reason).

As a recipient of this honours and highly coveted Award, can you share with us what the experience has been so far in line with the government's fulfillment of rewards? your present and possibly future aspiration (if that's not asking for too much grin). How has the award affected you as a person? (there could be a huge learning point here) smiley
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Well, the fact is that I'm no longer where I used to be. I've been growing from strength to strength ever since I got the award and the way I view life has changed since then. My exposure has been something else. My present job is as a result of the award and my education have also been improved.

In terms of government fulfilling it's promises as regards to the award is so far ok. Just that there are few people along the way who will try to hinder the promises since their relatives are not among. Apart form these few elements and the challenges they are bringing up, everything about the award has been fulfilled.

As for my future plans, after the completion of my phd, I want to be an academic.

Koya86:

You are right about that. My motivation all through the project was borne out of the need to positively influence the lives of locals and never expected for once to win the Presidential Award though I was looking forward to being recognized by the state for my efforts (which was actually a secondary reason).

As a recipient of this honours and highly coveted Award, can you share with us what the experience has been so far in line with the government's fulfillment of rewards? your present and possibly future aspiration (if that's not asking for too much grin). How has the award affected you as a person? (there could be a huge learning point here) smiley

2 Likes

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by donbuscka: 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Brother, I am also a selected awardee for this year. I would like to ak more personal questions. Could u plz help me with ur email or number or any chat platform u are on (facebook, bbm, whatsapp, etc) plz I have some personal questions I knw u ll not like to answer openly here. Thans. My number is... +2347030728989... Donbuscka@yahoo.com
Thanks sooo much brother. Ll be waiting
catune:
Well, the fact is that I'm no longer where I used to be. I've been growing from strength to strength ever since I got the award and the way I view life has changed since then. My exposure has been something else. My present job is as a result of the award and my education have also been improved.

In terms of government fulfilling it's promises as regards to the award is so far ok. Just that there are few people along the way who will try to hinder the promises since their relatives are not among. Apart form these few elements and the challenges they are bringing up, everything about the award has been fulfilled.

As for my future plans, after the completion of my phd, I want to be an academic.

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2014
catune:

Thank you for your response. You will notice I was being circumspect about how probing the questions were so that you won't have to divulge more than necessary. As a recipient of the 2014 award myself, I will be very much obliged if you could however answer some few more questions personally. kindly avail me with your personal contact via 08029812507 or tobshow@yahoo.com
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by nneoyikowo: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
I was also called for the award, but it has been postpone. I don't know when the new date will be. On January 3rd, 2015 i will be resuming for my army short service training at the Nigeria defense academy.I don't know if i would get the massage for the new date or be allowed to go for the award ceremony since all our phones will be collected from us and no one would be allowed to live the training ground.I have waited for this award for over three yrs and it is coming at a time i will not be free.Only God can help me out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corps Member Gets Engaged On Her POP / Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) / Shuaibu Ibrahim, NYSC DG Assumes Office, Sets 5-point Agenda To Improve Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.