Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,344 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award (27283 Views)

Mohammed Abubakar Honours 11 Corpers In Bauchi (Photos) / Photos From The 2014 President's NYSC Honours Award At The Villa / The 2013 NYSC PRESIDENT HONOURS' AWARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by abbaapple: 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
Plz wen were u bin clld?! And wich year did u serv? Doz dat mean ppl dat servd 2014 will not b among doz dat will b nominated or wat?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 9:05am On Dec 19, 2014
Send me your bbm pin

donbuscka:
Brother, I am also a selected awardee for this year. I would like to ak more personal questions. Could u plz help me with ur email or number or any chat platform u are on (facebook, bbm, whatsapp, etc) plz I have some personal questions I knw u ll not like to answer openly here. Thans. My number is... +2347030728989... Donbuscka@yahoo.com
Thanks sooo much brother. Ll be waiting
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 9:30am On Dec 19, 2014
To reach me, send an email to bigchuks2@yahoo.ca or post your bbm pin with a request for me to add you.
Cheers!
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by jahlove4jah: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
blaazoon22:

CRITERIA AND PROCESS OF SELECTION OF AWARD WINNERS

The NYSC President's Honours Award is a major programme in the annual calendar of events of the National Youth Service Corps. It was instituted in 1974 to recognize and reward excellence in behaviour and performance amongst the corps members. The tradition was maintained until 1998 when the event was suspended due to logistic reasons but revived in 2005.

The award winners usually emerge from a rigorous selection process carefully carried out by a National Selection Committee. The members are drawn from relevant Institutions and Agencies such as the Presidency, Federal Ministry of Youth Development, the Nigerian Army, the Nigerian Police, Nigerian Employers' Consultative Association (NECA), The Committee of Vice Chancellors, The Committee of Rectors of Polytechnics, Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre, Ex-NYSC Management staff and the NYSC Director of Corps Welfare and Inspection Department, who serves as member/Secretary to the National Selection Committee.

The assessment covers all segments of the service programme, requiring a high degree of objectivity. Every award winner is expected to have distinguished himself/herself in all the four cardinal phases of the service year - the Orientation/induction course; the Primary Assignment; th e Secondary Assignment (Community Development Service); and the windingup/passing-out activities. Above all, he/she would have conceived/initiated and/or executed a personal community service project that would benefit his/her host community, tangibly. Emphasis is, therefore, placed on achievements that are of durable benefit to the host community.

In addition, such personal qualities as character, sense of duty, drive and determination, reliability, initiative and resourcefulness, command and leadership, team work, special contributions, self-confidence, and emotional poise are assessed and weighted in concrete terms. The assessment of the performance of each nominee is therefore based on the report and records of these attributes and concrete achievements. Those so selected would have received the Local Government or State Honours Awards to qualify for consideration at the national level. Thereafter, the nominees are sent to the National Selection Committee under strict confidentiality for further scrutiny. The selection process places greater emphasis on merit and also on a truly national basis regardless of the number of winners emerging from a particular state of deployment.

The President, Federal Republic of Nigeria usually presides over the event to confer the honours award on the recipients. The award attracts the following:

A National Certificate of honour duly signed by His Excellency, the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria

A gold medal

An automatic employment in the Federal Civil Service

Cash prize

Since the inception of the scheme 37 years ago, a total of 891 ex-corps members have been conferred with the HonoursAward and with the 51 recipients at the 2010 ceremony, the figure increases to 942.

As a side attraction to the ceremony, there is usually an exhibition of works of art, fabrications, inventions and engineering models produced by corps members, as well as a display of agricultural products from some NYSC farms, and samples of goods produced in some small-scale industries built and operated by the NYSC.
on paper. I have served and i know the politics involved especially in cross River state.

1 Like

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
jahlove4jah:
on paper. I have served and i know the politics involved especially in cross River state.
if u really desire the award,work hard,involve in a life transforming projects,u must be selected.seek meaningful advice.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Donsolgrp4J(m): 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
Nysc is real bc to the best of my knowledge its on merit. I I will advice both serving and intending corps members to embark on projects that will affect people's lives directly especially in rural areas or places where they are seriously needed. That's not all, ur track records at ur ppa and camping period must b excellent as they are usually evaluated.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Donsolgrp4J(m): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
No new date yet. I am hoping it will be early next year.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
Donsolgrp4J:
No new date yet. I am hoping it will be early next year.
that is my prayer,congrats bro.
Any further info?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 2:55pm On Dec 25, 2014
My dear, I served in Cross River too, and I got the award without lobbying. Though, I felt cheated when I got the second position as I felt that I did better than the person with the first position. But I was told that all my projects where not consider as at the time the pcds projects were considered and list of winners composed. For instance, my chieftaincy title came like 4 days to pop.

Mind you the title shows how acceptable, appreciated and life changing they projects were. Therefore, when the national committee came for verification the testimonies where enormous as I heard. And they really felt the impact I made and considered me worthy of the award. Meanwhile, the person with the first position didn't get the award.

This is to show you that the national is independent of the state. Sometimes the state doesn't even know when the national committee comes until they are done with their work and probably visits the state office.

So, my dear, get to work and stop hindering yourself with excuses. Cheers

jahlove4jah:
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by jahlove4jah: 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
catune:
My dear, I served in Cross River too, and I got the award with lobbying. Though, I felt cheat when I got the second position as I felt that I did better than the person with the first position. But I was told that all my projects where not consider at the time the winners were composed especially my chieftaincy title like 4 days to pop.

Mind you the title shows how acceptable, appreciated and life changing they projects were. Therefore, when the national committee came for verification the testimonies where enormous as I heard. And they really felt the impact I made and considered me worthy of the award. Meanwhile, the person with the first position didn't get the award.

This is to show you that the national is independent of the state. Sometimes the state doesn't even know when the national committee comes until they are done with their work and probably visits the state office.

So, my dear, get to work and stop hindering yourself with excuses. Cheers

if you read my initial comments, I said for those who merited it,thumbs up. Honestly I would have loved to impact the life of people at my host community with projects but lack of finance and sponsor hindered me. However,I impacted them by touching their Life by the way I taught their kids. Almost 2 yrs after service I still receive their calls and sms. Tell me, how will we explain situations whereby female corp members messing around with politicians just to get them sponsor their projects? I am telling you this from personal experience. Kudos if you really worked hard for it. #hardworkpays
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by jahlove4jah: 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
@catune I am really happy for you as an ex kross copa to win the award. I served. At Ikom lga 2012 Batch B and I know the torture we experienced from our then Z.I. He frustrated our effort up to the point that we were forced to abandon our batch project. I was disappointed by the way he treated me and other serving corp members when we sighted and alerted him about the floating corpse of Late miss Faith Enemuo who died in active service at Ikom beach. He never wanted to see us (men especially) succeed. My biggest satisfaction came because I did everything I did out of passion and I never expected much in return. I wonder how those girls that allowed a man as old as their father/grandfather as well as other politicians and cocoa dealers at Ikom to mess them. Up will feel when they received nothing in return. I honestly hope and wish that the selection process is as you described because I feel delighted to see people rewarded for their hard work.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 12:54am On Dec 30, 2014
Those female corps members are not doing it for the sake of looking for a sponsor but if they do, I believe it's for their selfish interest of winning award and not because they want to impact lives. You can see the satisfaction you said you have just for doing your best and impacting lives. I believe that's part of the reward.
jahlove4jah:
if you read my initial comments, I said for those who merited it,thumbs up. Honestly I would have loved to impact the life of people at my host community with projects but lack of finance and sponsor hindered me. However,I impacted them by touching their Life by the way I taught their kids. Almost 2 yrs after service I still receive their calls and sms. Tell me, how will we explain situations whereby female corp members messing around with politicians just to get them sponsor their projects? I am telling you this from personal experience. Kudos if you really worked hard for it. #hardworkpays
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 12:57am On Dec 30, 2014
Hahahahaha. I served in Akam, ikom lga. If I tell you my experience with my zi, you'll cry for me. But do you know what? That was my stepping stone, because I did not allow him to deter me. And today, I can only give God praise
jahlove4jah:
@catune I am really happy for you as an ex kross copa to win the award. I served. At Ikom lga 2012 Batch B and I know the torture we experienced from our then Z.I. He frustrated our effort up to the point that we were forced to abandon our batch project. I was disappointed by the way he treated me and other serving corp members when we sighted and alerted him about the floating corpse of Late miss Faith Enemuo who died in active service at Ikom beach. He never wanted to see us (men especially) succeed. My biggest satisfaction came because I did everything I did out of passion and I never expected much in return. I wonder how those girls that allowed a man as old as their father/grandfather as well as other politicians and cocoa dealers at Ikom to mess them. Up will feel when they received nothing in return. I honestly hope and wish that the selection process is as you described because I feel delighted to see people rewarded for their hard work.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by cyris: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
after writing to d local govt, mdgs office at minna, commsna for education without getin any feedback, i prayerfully employd 5 strategies to get my finance, beliv me wen i say it was tough. 1. I first formed 3 mdgs clubs in 3 schls n tru d students, i printed letters n distributed from shop to shop, weda small or big asking for contributions, they beliv when they saw d crowd of my club members. 2 i n my students visited some prominent members of d community with proof of som of d minor prjts we had executed requesting for assistance, most of dem contributed well after sevral disturbances 3. with permissn, i gathered all my volunteers and we went round d comm for a rally collecting #20, #30 etc. 4. contribution frm studnts n staff 5. Payment we recivd from our decoration works we did
My LI was an impediment, she neva playd her role, i call her on d fone, she say 'u r very stupid'. In all God was faithful, God used my mdgs matron in her place.
If u want to do a prjt, b ready for anything it will trow at u n dont tell me u couldnt get support because support is all around u. D comm may look discouraging but what they need is someone who means business n who would nt stop until he gets what he wants.
My advice is this, first win d minds of ur comm thru ur students, voluntarily take extra subjects, form ur club, do som minor projects like debate n quiz in a popular place in d comm perhaps with ur money, den use this as a proof that u r not a fraud. Visit dem, call dem, pester dem, use ur students n accept watever d amount . I rememba a woman i so disturbed that wen she contributed, she said she was doing this to have peace, dat dis case is like d woman n d unrighteous judge in d bible.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Harrypoter(m): 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
Hey Peeps
Havn read all ur comments here. Here is my take. I did abt 8 proj & i happn 2b lucky & in good termz wit my ZI. He guided me wit tips and coupled wit the xperience i got frm an ex-awardee corps member, i waz able to beat the challenge. Frm wat i gathered, the selection process is being done/Salection based on category
1. Education
2. Health
3. Empowerment
4. Infrastructure & so on
Then ur personal qualities such as
1. Sense of Leadership
2. Emotional poise
3. Ability to raise/source for funds
4. Skills & so on
Mind you there are assessment forms frm camp & also service period evn thou this does nt really affect your score

Another factor is your REPORT- Proper report shld be done & accurate pictorial evidences clearly shwn in a self explanatory manner.

Your CDS activity should be well covered & included in your report.

Recommendation letters should be collected from all the Sector/Institution affected & attached in the report

Incase of any purchase, receipt should also be attached to the report

Incase of any publication, kindly attach a copy of the page.

Make sure that all the projects applied for haz all been executed.

Lastly, ensure that at-least in 2/3 of your projects, someone from NYSC or an invited guest is there to witness it & photos should be taken & included in the report.

Dont wanna ryt mch actually but alwyz hv the intention of transforming peoples lives & the award will surely come. I never tot i could until when i did.

I remember a community hospital i donated some basic materials to. These people were grateful to the extent that i had 2cry.....They do call me & sends text messages 2me with alot of well wishes uptil 2dae.

In my own batch, the 1st position was nt called for the Presidential award & i waz the 2nd Best.
He build a giant cybercafe & well equipped in the Governors home twn, sponsored by the emir....which is a project under EDUCATION alone & it earned him 1st position in the state award.

I hope this helps.......

2 Likes

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by jahlove4jah: 2:58am On Jan 02, 2015
@Catune what a small world. I served in Okuni.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
Harrypoter:
Hey Peeps
Havn read all ur comments here. Here is my take. I did abt 8 proj & i happn 2b lucky & in good termz wit my ZI. He guided me wit tips and coupled wit the xperience i got frm an ex-awardee corps member, i waz able to beat the challenge. Frm wat i gathered, the selection process is being done/Salection based on category
1. Education
2. Health
3. Empowerment
4. Infrastructure & so on
Then ur personal qualities such as
1. Sense of Leadership
2. Emotional poise
3. Ability to raise/source for funds
4. Skills & so on
Mind you there are assessment forms frm camp & also service period evn thou this does nt really affect your score

Another factor is your REPORT- Proper report shld be done & accurate pictorial evidences clearly shwn in a self explanatory manner.

Your CDS activity should be well covered & included in your report.

Recommendation letters should be collected from all the Sector/Institution affected & attached in the report

Incase of any purchase, receipt should also be attached to the report

Incase of any publication, kindly attach a copy of the page.

Make sure that all the projects applied for haz all been executed.

Lastly, ensure that at-least in 2/3 of your projects, someone from NYSC or an invited guest is there to witness it & photos should be taken & included in the report.

Dont wanna ryt mch actually but alwyz hv the intention of transforming peoples lives & the award will surely come. I never tot i could until when i did.

I remember a community hospital i donated some basic materials to. These people were grateful to the extent that i had 2cry.....They do call me & sends text messages 2me with alot of well wishes uptil 2dae.

In my own batch, the 1st position was nt called for the Presidential award & i waz the 2nd Best.
He build a giant cybercafe & well equipped in the Governors home twn, sponsored by the emir....which is a project under EDUCATION alone & it earned him 1st position in the state award.

I hope this helps.......

this info is unique,God bless you.
Please,do you have an idea on when the award ceremony may come up?
So many news and rumours,people are getting confused daily.if you have an idea about that please help before guys get frustrated.Thanks!

1 Like

Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Harrypoter(m): 5:56am On Jan 03, 2015
samuelkaykay:
this info is unique,God bless you.
Please,do you have an idea on when the award ceremony may come up?
So many news and rumours,people are getting confused daily.if you have an idea about that please help before guys get frustrated.Thanks!

Thanks & Ameen 2U prayer...
People have been called & SMS where sent early December 2014 bt it was posponed frm the earlier date slated for 9 to 11. We are expecting to hear from them on the new dates HOPEFULLY any moment from next week.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2015
Lol.
You see!
jahlove4jah:
@Catune what a small world. I served in Okuni.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by jahlove4jah: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
catune:
Lol.
You see!
2012Batch B
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by catune: 8:27am On Jan 05, 2015
Ok. I'm 2010 batch B
jahlove4jah:
2012Batch B
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by pota25: 12:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
Hi ex-corp members , for 2014 presidential award. (Award winners) why the silent, I believe we can unite ,pls let crate a forum, on whatsap bbm or something; let ve a voice plsssss 08068593285
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by pota25: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
Jahlove I read ur post pls which ZI are u really talking about because I also served in ikom and won the presidential award,so what the hell are u talking about with the political nonsense because I know no one and the ZI I know nt
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by jahlove4jah: 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
pota25:
Jahlove I read ur post pls which ZI are u really talking about because I also served in ikom and won the presidential award,so what the hell are u talking about with the political nonsense because I know no one and the ZI I know nt
I will advice you to read through my comments again.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
pota25:
Hi ex-corp members , for 2014 presidential award. (Award winners) why the silent, I believe we can unite ,pls let crate a forum, on whatsap bbm or something; let ve a voice plsssss 08068593285
let us be calm,they are working seriously to achieve it.The president have great concern for the prospective awardees,he lost his sister yesterday,though it cant affect it but let us prayerfully wait.it will surely come to pass.The phone line that notified you,you can feel free to call,encouraging feedback awaits you.love u all.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
http://kopastales.com/no-date-yet-for-nysc-presidential-award-winner-for-2014/

The Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig. Gen. J. B. Olawunmi have announced that there is no fixed date yet of the ceremony for the conferment of the Presidential Award for 2014 winners.

The announcement came through the scheme’s twitter handle as the DG celebrated his one year in office on January 6th, 2015.

The Presidential Award is the apex award of merit for serving corps members who have distinguished themselves in their states of deployment and places of primary assignment, and in Community Development Services (CDS).

samuelkaykay:
let us be calm,they are working seriously to achieve it.The president have great concern for the prospective awardees,he lost his sister yesterday,though it cant affect it but let us prayerfully wait.it will surely come to pass.The phone line that notified you,you can feel free to call,encouraging feedback awaits you.love u all.
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by scopesman(m): 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
I was made to understand that NYSC has recruited JAMB to assist them scrutinize those whose ages are above the service age. If it is true then is it gonna be possible for one make any amendment his past jamb record in other to correct this age stuff that was imputed during registration? [/b]
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2015
Hope is reignited,guys lets keep in touch!
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by seunwen2(m): 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Koya86:

Well I can assure you that I don't "know all" but one thing I'm sure of is that -believe it or not- award (in my own case) is strictly based on merit. . To be sincere I was once like you and was downbeat about any chance of winning Presidential award - believing it to be based on nepotism and cronyism. The news was met with both surprise and happiness. Allow me to fill you in on some of my projects

1. Computer training (hands on) for a month with over 40 participants (morning and evening sessions, Monday to Friday)
2. In light of poor performance by students in Maths, I organized, for the whole community, two months tutorials on the subject with over 100 students in attendance throughout the duration.
3. Donated 4 fully equipped first aid boxes to four different Schools.
4 De-wormed over 1,000 students of the community
5. hoisted the Nigerian and Cross river flag.
6. Gave 2 brilliant but less-privileged students full scholarship (tuition, books etc)
7. Constructed 9 twin sitter desk and chair
8 Distributed over 500 textbooks, notebooks and writing materials to 3 different schools

How did you achieved this with your small income?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by seunwen2(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
Edy12:

@koya86. Below are my projects and I wasn't selected.
PROJECTS CARRIED-OUT:
[1]. COMMUNITY YOUTH'S SKILL TRAINING IN IRESI AND OTAN-AYEGBAJU COMMUNITY ON:
(a) ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS TRAINING.
(b) PRODUCTION AND PACKING OF:
I. LUBRICATING GREASE,
II. AFTER SHAVE,
III. LIQUID DETERGENT,
IV. INSECTICIDE,
V. BLEACH,
VI. TOILET SOAP,
VII. POWDER DETERGENT.

(C) PRESENTATION OF CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION TO TWENTY FIVE TRAINEES.

(d) PRESENTATION OF CHEMICALS AND EQUIPMENT TO TEN (10) BEST TRAINEES TO ENABLE THEM START-UP THE BUSINESS.

[2]. ORGANIZE TUTORIAL FOR SSS3 STUDENTS TO PREPARE THEM FOR MAY/JUNE 2011 WASC EXAMS.

Did you collect money for the tutorial?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by Koya86: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
From Friends, Prominent members of the community, the proprietor of the school I was posted to,...

seunwen2:

How did you achieved this with your small income?
Re: 2014 NYSC Presidential Honours Award by samuelkaykay(m): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
Koya86:

From Friends, Prominent members of the community, the proprietor of the school I was posted to,...

brother,any news or rumour about the ceremony or we should prepare our mind after election?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Back To Back Speech Using NYSC Allawee / Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) / Corps Member Gets Engaged On Her POP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.