Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,793 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT (2235 Views)

Download Sporting Lisbon 0-1 Chelsea [UCL Highlights] / Download Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea [BPL Highlights] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
Chelsea will be without Nemanja Matic for Saturday’s trip to Newcastle United but Diego Costa is set to return from suspension.

The Spain international, who has scored 11 Premier League goals this season, missed Wednesday’s 3-0 win over Tottenham due to a one-game ban for five cautions. Matic, meanwhile, picked up his fifth booking of the campaign in the victory against Spurs and will now miss the trip to St James’ Park.

Jose Mourinho is likely to have Gary Cahill available after the centre-back was substituted at half-time at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday evening, with the Chelsea manager confirming the England international had not suffered concussion following a challenge with Jan Vertonghen.

Chelsea remain six points clear of Manchester City
at the top of the Premier League, while Newcastle
sit ninth following a 1-1 draw with Burnley on Tuesday.

Mourinho has never won a game at St James’ Park, and in the corresponding fixture last season, Newcastle ran out 2-0 winners thanks to goals from Yoan Gouffran and Loic Remy.

www.goal.com/en-gb/match/newcastle-united-vs-chelsea/1703783/preview?ICID=HP_FT_3
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by makzeze: 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
Chelsea gonna loss or draw newcastle tommorrow.
Chelsea fans with thier big mouths.
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
The Magpies, who are now without a league win in two, are running as heavy 6/1 underdogs for the game, leaving Chelsea a 1/2 quote to take maximum points. The draw option at St James’ Park is up at 3/1.

Chelsea are now 23 games unbeaten in all competitions, a 3-0 win over Spurs in the week, equalling their club record. If Mourinho’s men avoid defeat in this game they will only be the fourth team to go unbeaten in their opening 15+ games in a Premier League season (after Arsenal twice, Man Utd and Man City). The Blues are looking very efficient and devastating brilliant when they get into top gear, and look at tough side to break down when they do get their noses in front. They will be boosted by the return of Diego Costa for this one too, who is priced up as 5/6 favourite in the anytime goalscorer market.

Eden Hazard, who opened the scoring against Spurs on Tuesday, is a 2/1 shot and he has has scored four goals in three Premier League appearances against Newcastle United; more than against any other side. The Blues have posted an impressive W4 D3 L0 record on the road this season in the top flight, but they have drawn three of their last five away from Stamford Bridge, and interestingly, Jose Mourinho hasn’t won in four previous visits to St James’ Park with Chelsea (D2 L2). After the Blues were frustrated at the Stadium of Light last weekend, can the Newcastle defence do a
similar job and hold the Blues to a draw?

www.football-bookmakers.com/news/newcastle-v-chelsea-prediction-6th-december-2014.html
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
Team news

Moussa Sissoko and Jack Colback will return from
suspension for Newcastle but Fabricio Coloccini is
unlikely to be risked as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury while Mike Williamson, Daryl Janmaat and Sammy Ameobi all face late fitness tests.

Chelsea striker Diego Costa is available after a one-match ban, while defender Gary Cahill is set to play having recovered from concussion. However, midfielder Nemanja Matic, who has played in every minute of Chelsea’s Premier League season, is suspended after picking up his fifth booking of the campaign against Tottenham.

Merson’s prediction

“I think Chelsea will carry on where they left off the
other day when they beat Tottenham 3-0. It will be
harder without Nemanja Matic but Newcastle have
a lot of players out, and that means I can’t see past the Blues getting another win and extending their lead at the top.”

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-2

Jose Mourinho could reach the 400-point landmark
as a Premier League manager in this game (currently 398).

Betting

Chelsea are odds-on to win ( 8/15) with Sky Bet as
they look to avoid another slip up in the north east. Sunderland held the Blues to a goalless draw last weekend before they bounced back emphatically with a 3-0 win over Tottenham, a result which saw them cut to 1/4 for the title. Newcastle are 11/2 to go one better than their rivals and beat Jose Mourinho’s men and 3/1 to secure a point. Diego Costa returns from his one- match ban and is the 100/30 favourite in the first
goal scorer market, while Papiss Cisse is considered the hosts’ biggest threat at 9/1 to net first.

www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/313531/preview
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
makzeze:
OK.... noted
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
makzeze:
If you ar a Sunderland fan u ar safe, if man/arsenal fan thre ar 5tnx involved.
with the absence of nemanja d game should see john mikel obi take the lead role in the centre midfield alongside the man i use to call lagos-ibadan ( ramires).
Jose should also gve loic the opportunity of a 90minute game by pairing him wit Costa, but wateva the game decide. with the winning spirit in the air chlesea could turn st. james park to a garbage ground.
Looking forward to an interesting game.
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2014
afolag:

If you ar a Sunderland fan u ar safe, if man/arsenal fan thre ar 5tnx involved.
with the absence of nemanja d game should see john mikel obi take the lead role in the centre midfield alongside the man i use to call lagos-ibadan ( ramires).
Jose should also gve loic the opportunity of a 90minute game by pairing him wit Costa, but wateva the game decide. with the winning spirit in the air chlesea could turn st. james park to a garbage ground.
Looking forward to an interesting game.
Both Ramires and Mikel cannot start since Fabregas is playing.... I tip Ramires to start and only Costa will start upfront since the formation throughout the season have been 4-2-3-1
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
Jose Mourinho says his side are ready for tomorrow’s game at Newcastle United, our third in the space of a week, and the Blues boss has no concerns over the
absence of Nemanja Matic.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference at Cobham, the Portuguese, whose side will set a club record of 24 games unbeaten if we avoid defeat, insisted the only objective is to secure three points.

‘I’m not looking for records, I’m looking for victories, points and if possible at the end of the season, titles. We just want to win the next match, that’s all,’ said Mourinho .

‘It’s a difficult stadium to play at, there are a few stadiums in this country that clearly when they see Chelsea shirts they play the game of their lives and when they play other teams they look like they are playing friendlies. Maybe it’s because, in the last decade, Chelsea have become a strong team everybody wants to beat.

‘We are ready for tomorrow and the only record
I want is to win the title three times with this club.’

The manager confirmed Gary Cahill is fit and available for selection having been taken off at half-time during Wednesday’s 3-0 win over Tottenham following a collision with Jan Vertonghen, while also stating Diego Costa will lead the line having been suspended in
midweek.

There will be a change to personnel in midfield, with either John Mikel Obi or Ramires expected to come in for Matic , who serves a one-match ban.

‘It’s another big player who is not playing but we trust other people,’ said Mourinho. ‘Matic has a free weekend, which he deserves very much, and he will come back stronger. Other people will play, we trust them so no problem. ‘Diego was also important for us but he didn’t play [against Tottenham] and we didn’t think about him.

Didier Drogba produced an impressive display against Tottenham, laying on the first goal for Eden Hazard before scoring the second, and Mourinho believes the Ivorian still has much to offer in a playing capacity.

‘I don’t know his qualities as a coach because I’ve never seen him coach,’ said the Blues boss.

‘He’s still a very good player and if he wants my advice I think he should stop when he wants to, not wait for me or the club to decide. ‘We want him, we love him. After that, I know Mr Abramovich is very happy to keep him at the club in any area he feels useful and happy, but that’s after he makes the decision to stop his career, which I don’t think will be tomorrow.’

www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/12/mourinho--full-of-trust.html
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sharksblow:

Both Ramires and Mikel cannot start since Fabregas is playing.... I tip Ramires to start and only Costa will start upfront since the formation throughout the season have been 4-2-3-1

u av a gud point. remy shld cont his impressive performance he will break the chain someday tough competition though.
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Yustash001(m): 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2014
Heard mourinho has never defeated them at St.James park....it's gonna be a tough one.....
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2014
Yustash001:
Heard mourinho has never defeated them at St.James park....it's gonna be a tough one.....
yes o... and they need to win to at least put pressure on mancity who'll play Everton later in the day
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Yustash001(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sharksblow:

yes o... and they need to win to at least put pressure on mancity who'll play Everton later in the day
the problem is that they are also good in physical football....with those black guys....cisse and sissoko....they can crush our midfielders.......
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Yustash001:
the problem is that they are also good in physical football....with those black guys....cisse and sissoko....they can crush our midfielders.......
mancity will be praying for a slip up from Chelsea
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Yustash001(m): 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sharksblow:

mancity will be praying for a slip up from Chelsea
exactly,....but they also have everton to win....
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by dhebor258: 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2014
a little bit happy matic won't b playing this match .the guy really needs rest.to me he has been our best player
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
dhebor258:
a little bit happy matic won't b playing this match .the guy really needs rest.to me he has been our best player
I would have been better if he plays tomorrow as he can be rested after that since we will be playing sporting, Derby county and Hull city.
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by haffaze777(m): 8:20am On Dec 06, 2014
we are winning did,Chelsea 3 vs Newcastle 0
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2014
anyone who predicts correctly stands a chance of winning a recharge card...
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by pelvicky(m): 8:39am On Dec 06, 2014
Sharksblow:
anyone who predicts correctly stands a chance of winning a recharge card...
how will u send me the recharge card? Send it as a msg...my number is 08135362429...newcastle 1 vs chelsea 0
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2014
pelvicky:
how will u send me the recharge card? Send it as a msg...my number is 08135362429...newcastle 1 vs chelsea 0
OK, good luck. see u after d match
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by haffaze777(m): 8:53am On Dec 06, 2014
pelvicky:

u just miss d chance to win urself recharge card by dat ur prediction
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by pelvicky(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2014
Sharksblow:

OK, good luck. see u after d match
tank u jare....unbeaten gonna stop! Haba
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2014
haffaze777:

what's ur prediction?
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by pelvicky(m): 8:58am On Dec 06, 2014
haffaze777:

ar u telln me its impossible 4 newcastle to win...jst wait and see
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sheggy13(m): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2014
Sharksblow:

what's ur prediction?
Newcastle 1-Chelsea 2
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Sharksblow(m): 9:30am On Dec 06, 2014
Sheggy13:

Newcastle 1-Chelsea 2
Good luck
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by etebefia: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2014
Watch out for sammy ameobi, that guy is technically sound only that he doesn't look strong.
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by chimerase2: 9:48am On Dec 06, 2014
3 point kiss
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Aspireahead(m): 10:07am On Dec 06, 2014
Newcastle 2- Chelsea 1
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by Haywhymido(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2014
Come on chelsea, d 3points is ours,let go get 'em. We r d #Blus army
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by HOMOTOYOSI10: 10:51am On Dec 06, 2014
Chelsea 3 Newcastle 1
Re: Newcastle 2 1 Chelsea FT by HrtBrkSteve(m): 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
Is it true Taiye Taiwo is an half-caste? :oIs it true Taiye Taiwo is an half-caste?

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City / Tonight Matches 84 Odds / Fight Break Out Between Hazard And Five Other Real Madrid Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.