Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread (10582 Views)

iOS Users Thread (iphones, Ipads, Ipods Etc) / Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread / Instagram Users Thread-Let's connect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
has anyone bought theirs? Well, I have been using mine and its been good but I can say that it can't survive heavy browsing and I plan to get an auxiliary phone just for that purpose.

It has front and rare camera that gives good photography. One of the features of I love is the ability to make a magazine cover of your photos.

It can take snapshots of your screen by holding the volume and power button at the same time. Images stored can be uploaded to any website like it's done on PC.

I haven't explored the apps much and I have only downloaded just one, which it musixmatch.

It has the news feed where you can get all the news around the world from. I avoid visiting CNN cos of their videos is always playing and I can't seem to pause it.... my MB dries up fast.

if anyone has bought, they can share... my eyes need sleep now.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by obosirow: 9:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
great phone from Microsoft. Getting mine soon.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
can someone review it with some real pics not graphical and d cons nd pros
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
trishguy:
can someone review it with some real pics not graphical and d cons nd pros
I would have done it... but I ain't good with writing reviews. What and what should the review contain? Can you give me bullets to fill?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by REDBULL1(m): 6:22am On Jan 14, 2015
2sExy1:
I would have done it... but I ain't good with writing reviews. What and what should the review contain? Can you give me bullets to fill?

I read reviews about this phone on GSM arena and the complaints there were much. the two major ones I picked out were
1; the fonts grow on there own. and u can make them smaller unless u reboot the fone.
2; Something was said about the camera zoom. like it doesn't work well.
3; Then the screen sensitivity.
the problem is well known as Microsoft released an update to take care of these issues.

What has been your experience regarding these problems?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 14, 2015
REDBULL1:

I read reviews about this phone on GSM arena and the complaints there were much. the two major ones I picked out were
1; the fonts grow on there own. and u can make them smaller unless u reboot the fone.
2; Something was said about the camera zoom. like it doesn't work well.
3; Then the screen sensitivity.
the problem is well known as Microsoft released an update to take care of these issues.

What has been your experience regarding these problems?
Yes, I have noticed that the font increases but that when, so I think, when you mistakenly tap somewhere. Though I too have to switch off and on to get back the normal font.

I am not so sure whether there is a feature for camera zoom but I will check.

I am not too pleased with the screen sensitivity. Sometimes it over react to a tap when I am typing. When I visit CNN for instance, I cant pause the video... so I often exit to safe MB.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by REDBULL1(m): 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
2sExy1:
Yes, I have noticed that the font increases but that when, so I think, when you mistakenly tap somewhere. Though I too have to switch off and on to get back the normal font.

I am not so sure whether there is a feature for camera zoom but I will check.

I am not too pleased with the screen sensitivity. Sometimes it over react to a tap when I am typing. When I visit CNN for instance, I cant pause the video... so I often exit to safe MB.

thanks man. I don't think this will be the right phone to buy for my mum. she's a complete novice this might just be too much to handle for her.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by obosirow: 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
REDBULL1:

thanks man. I don't think this will be the right phone to buy for my mum. she's a complete novice this might just be too much to handle for her.
then buy her alumia 532
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by REDBULL1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
trishguy:
then buy her alumia 532

its a nice fine with decent specs. however it's yet to be released
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
REDBULL1:

its a nice fine with decent specs. however it's yet to be released
I wouldn't even advice it...Microsoft must be stupid. They haven't solved the little problem plaguing 535 they are on 532... The. Screen responsiveness is what I really don't like. Sometimes. When I try to Swipe, it's Fonts increase instead of swiping or it will be dragging as if it's resisting your motion.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by khattab008: 11:07am On Jan 18, 2015
2sExy1:
I wouldn't even advice it...Microsoft must be stupid. They haven't solved the little problem plaguing 535 they are on 532... The. Screen responsiveness is what I really don't like. Sometimes. When I try to Swipe, it's Fonts increase instead of swiping or it will be dragging as if it's resisting your motion.

Have you tried updating your device?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Manager264(m): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
The so called Microsoft Lumia 535 "was" a big disappointment, a waste of money and a big blow to the almighty Microsoft. Bought mine the 2nd day it got to Nigerian market(23rd Dec.,2014)I managed to use it for just two weeks before it eventually "died".
I have to return it to Nokia Care,promised to fix it,and it would be ready in two months time.

Issues observed:
(1) Touchscreen insensitivity
(2) Sudden screen zooming and failure to normalise except you restart.
(3) Slack back case
(4) Strange vibration
(5) Screen fade, this was the last issue experienced,and I have to return it immediately.

Good Sides:
(1)Very Good Camera, both primary & sec 5MP.
(2) Screen size, 5 inches
(3) Standard free applications
(4) Great colour concept
(5) Very slim
(6) Light weight
(7) Good batery
(cool Does nt overheat,unlike my substitute BBZ10
(9) Came with latest OS, Windows 8.1
(10) Great browser,worked well with my yahoo mail that had been so frustrating over the years.

DECISION:
I forgive Microsoft,afterall the phone was just their first phone produced since the acquisition of Nokia Lumia,and they acknowledged most of the issues and promised to fix it via updates.
I can't wait to see my "New updated Lumia 535 in two months time as promised by Nokia Care. Peace!
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Samtoby(m): 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
Manager264:
The so called Microsoft Lumia 535 "was" a big disappointment, a waste of money and a big blow to the almighty Microsoft. Bought mine the 2nd day it got to Nigerian market(23rd Dec.,2014)I managed to use it for just two weeks before it eventually "died".
I have to return it to Nokia Care,promised to fix it,and it would be ready in two months time.

Issues observed:
(3) Slack back case
(4) Strange vibration
(5) Screen fade, this was the last issue experienced,and I have to return it immediately.

Good Sides:
(4) Great colour concept
(5) Very slim
(6) Light weight
(7) Good batery
(10) Great browser,worked well with my yahoo mail that had been so frustrating over the years.

DECISION:
I forgive Microsoft,afterall the phone was just their first phone produced since the acquisition of Nokia Lumia,and they acknowledged most of the issues and promised to fix it via updates.
I can't wait to see my "New updated Lumia 535 in two months time as promised by Nokia Care. Peace!

Bro, this bad side u are talking about is an error in the phone, People complain about it before it gets to Nigeria self and Nokia promise to release aan update to fix it, if u read about it online, u will find it.... u can do d update yourself and wont talk up to 20mins... but d fault is from were you buy it.. the store i brought mine from last week Friday do the update themself before handlin it over to me and till now, no problem with the phone.. Hope you have collect it back from Nokia Care anyway.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
Samtoby:

Bro, this bad side u are talking about is an error in the phone, People complain about it before it gets to Nigeria self and Nokia promise to release aan update to fix it, if u read about it online, u will find it.... u can do d update yourself and wont talk up to 20mins... but d fault is from were you buy it.. the store i brought mine from last week Friday do the update themself before handlin it over to me and till now, no problem with the phone.. Hope you have collect it back from Nokia Care anyway.
so, in essence, the update will solve the problem? how do I update mine? well mine is working fine except the little fault mentioned above. how do I do the update abeg.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
khattab008:

Have you tried updating your device?
how is the update done and will it put a stop to all this anomalies?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Manager264(m): 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
Samtoby:

Not yet, I pray they fix it and improve on their subsequent products, or else...
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by khattab008: 6:43am On Jan 19, 2015
2sExy1:
how is the update done and will it put a stop to all this anomalies?

Don't know for sure, I read about it online.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by amicableSavage: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
Pls snd me a pm. We gats yarn
2sExy1:
has anyone bought theirs? Well, I have been using mine and its been good but I can say that it can't survive heavy browsing and I plan to get an auxiliary phone just for that purpose.

It has front and rare camera that gives good photography. One of the features of I love is the ability to make a magazine cover of your photos.

It can take snapshots of your screen by holding the volume and power button at the same time. Images stored can be uploaded to any website like it's done on PC.

I haven't explored the apps much and I have only downloaded just one, which it musixmatch.

It has the news feed where you can get all the news around the world from. I avoid visiting CNN cos of their videos is always playing and I can't seem to pause it.... my MB dries up fast.

if anyone has bought, they can share... my eyes need sleep now.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Samtoby(m): 9:37am On Jan 23, 2015
updatin is easy.. just go to "Phone Update" at settings and click on "Check for Update". it will search online for update. once it sees one, it will ask if u want to install.. dats all....

i will advise to use Wifi network and a very strong one... sometins mobile data wont work for updatin..

and yes it solve all screen problem (according to Nokia)..
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Samtoby(m): 9:39am On Jan 23, 2015
2sExy1:
so, in essence, the update will solve the problem? how do I update mine? well mine is working fine except the little fault mentioned above. how do I do the update abeg.

Don't know for sure, I read about it online.[/quote]

updatin is easy.. just go to "Phone Update" at settings and click on "Check for Update". it will search online for update. once it sees one, it will ask if u want to install.. dats all....

i will advise to use Wifi network and a very strong one... sometins mobile data wont work for updatin..

and yes it solve all screen problem (according to Nokia)..
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by gingernut(m): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2015
Is there a flip case for Lumia 535 on sale in Nokia store
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Youngpo413: 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
trishguy:
then buy her alumia 532
532 and 435 are newly released
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 08, 2015
Does true caller work on Lumia 535. Cos it doesn't work on my Lumia 530.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by chidiezeh(m): 12:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
Someone help with the first 11 imei of this phone plsssssssss
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by treasuremi1(m): 9:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Just got mine. I think the first thing is to search for any update before continuing using the fone. I'm looking for a case or pouch to guard the fone sha.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Manager264(m): 10:22am On Feb 28, 2015
Samtoby:

Solved.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by Manager264(m): 10:31am On Feb 28, 2015
Samtoby:

Solved.
Manager264:
Issues observed:
(3) Slack back case
(4) Strange vibration
Good Sides:
(4) Great colour concept
(5) Very slim
(6) Light weight
(7) Good batery
DECISION:
Manager264:
Issues observed:
(3) Slack back case
(4) Strange vibration
Good Sides:
(4) Great colour concept
(5) Very slim
(6) Light weight
(7) Good batery
DECISION:

ISSUE NOW SOLVED, WELL IMPROVED.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by dimillion(m): 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
Manager264:

Solved.

ISSUE NOW SOLVED, WELL IMPROVED.

Though this message is coming in late. I would appreciate ur response.
Pls do you experience any touch issue while charging ur phone. cos mine works fine on battery but goes awkward on charging.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535 Users Thread by bobo65(m): 5:32am On Apr 28, 2016
dimillion:

Though this message is coming in late. I would appreciate ur response.
Pls do you experience any touch issue while charging ur phone. cos mine works fine on battery but goes awkward on charging.

U r using a fake or low ampere charger that's y

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN The Most Hated Network? For No Reason / iOS 7 Download Day Worldwide Release Time [chart] / Opera Mini Browser For Ios Gets Complete Makeover Ahead Of Iphone 8 Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.