Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,103 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' (3966 Views)

Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / Bible God And His Share Of Virgins And Other War Booty / The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by Infomizer(m): 5:58am On Dec 07, 2014
Rossikk:

Honestly, once you apply your brain to this whole matter, it becomes clear that this bible 'God' cannot possibly be the same Intelligence behind the creation of this universe. I mean, let's just look at the vastness of Creation for a second. Do you know that travelling at the speed of light, it would take you 100,000 years to reach just the edge of our Milky Way galaxy? Now, do you know there are BILLIONS of galaxies in the universe? I mean, how can the intelligence behind THAT be the same ignorant entity that supposedly goes to puny planet earth to order ''his chosen people'' to kill, rap.e and maim their fellow humans as claimed in the bible? I mean, it honestly won't surprise me if GOD is actually unaware of our specific existence. Just as unaware as you are of the existence of some ant crawling on your floor or carpet right now. I mean, if there are billions of galaxies, it means there must be abundant life in unimaginable proportions throughout the universe. There must be billions of planets with intelligent life. Why exactly would the Creator of such vastness be even interested in what we are doing here on earth, to the point of sending ''his only son'' and ordering massacres etc? It makes no sense. Humans have simply humanized God, belittled him in their 'bible', brought him down to their level, so they can use his authority to control/oppress their fellows.

Walahi, I feel you bro. I share the same sentiments with you on the subject matter. I'm just saying you didn't need to expend considerable brainpower on that guy. There are people whose level you don't need to condescend to. You can't have a healthy intelligent debate with many and as tempting as it is to wanna expose the flaw in their thinking, they still wouldn't see the light/reason in your argument. Na to let sleeping dogs lie joor...
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by johnydon22(m): 7:10am On Dec 07, 2014
malvisguy212:
@Rossikk.

First,is the killing of God justified? To answer the question whether God breaks His own
commandments, we need to determine if God
committed murder (i.e., killed people without cause).
The Bible is quite clear that God has killed people
directly (the most prominent example being the
flood) and indirectly (ordered peoples to be killed). If
God ordered or participated in the killing of innocent
people, then He would be guilty of murder. The bible make it clear that all the people in the days of noah are corrupt,the stronge ones are attacking the weak ones,killing babies for sacrifice,is it not evil? Are this people death not justified? Moreover,God warn them,give them time to repent,send noah to preach for them for moer than 100 years noah preach for them but they did not repent,there time round up and God judge them.

What about when God ordered Joshua and his people
to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan?
What crime could be so great that entire populations of cities were designated for destruction? God told
Moses that the nations that the Hebrew were
replacing were wicked. How "wicked" were these
people? The text tells us that they were burning their own sons and daughters in sacrifices to their gods. So we see that these people were not really
innocent. For these reasons (and others), God
ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the
Israelites dispossessed.

"You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your
God, for every abominable act which the LORD
hates they have done for their gods; for they even
burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their
gods. ( Deuteronomy 12:31)
The wickedness of these people is confirmed in other
verses of the Bible. So we see that these people are
not quite as innocent as the atheists would like you to
believe. The fact that these people practiced child
sacrifice is also confirmed in the secular writings of
the Greeks. Then again, maybe those atheists
believe that killing your children is not all bad. After
all, killing viable pre-born babies is legal in this
country (it's called a choice, a.k.a. abortion). For these
reasons (and others), God ordered the destruction
of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed.
Did God kill any innocent people along with the evil
ones? When God was about to destroy the cities of
Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham asked God if He
would destroy the cities if there were 50 righteous
people in them. God said no. Then Abraham asked
the same question if there were 45 righteous people.
Every time he dropped the number and got the same
answer. The fact is that God would not have
destroyed those cities if there were any righteous
people in them. The few righteous who were in those
cities He warned ahead of time to get out. So, God
does not destroy the righteous along with the evil.
God's judgment of people groups found in the Old
Testament actually pales in comparison to the
judgment He will render at the end of time.
According to the New Testament Book of Revelation,
God will judge and kill billions of people who reject
Him when Jesus returns, including 200 million killed
in a single battle. Such large armies have never
existed in the history of mankind until the last 100
years, suggesting the this judgment could come at
any time.
All the children being killed will go to heaven because the bible make it clear that children from birth cannot make moral choice.

Op.if you do not repent God will visit your inequity.
i will only comment on d noah stuff, who committed the worse crime, the one who did child sacrifice and the one who wiped all the children out with a horrible death such as drowning
we all know that the number of children who died in d flood are a thousand times more dan d ones supposedly killed by d so called child sacrifice... they didnt not even write in d bible dat they were even practising child sacrifice na u put dat one... pls bro stop trying to justify such holocaust its inhumane

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by malvisguy212: 8:07am On Dec 07, 2014
johnydon22:

i will only comment on d noah stuff, who committed the worse crime, the one who did child sacrifice and the one who wiped all the children out with a horrible death such as drowning
we all know that the number of children who died in d flood are a thousand times more dan d ones supposedly killed by d so called child sacrifice... they didnt not even write in d bible dat they were even practising child sacrifice na u put dat one... pls bro stop trying to justify such holocaust its inhumane
atheist always say christians are stupid,but this post you posted is simply rubbish,did you read everything I post? Dint you read were I posted that God told noah to warn the people of there wickedness? how long those it take noah to build The ark? The first day he started building the ark uptil he finish,he preach for them to repent but they refused.do you not read there wickedness? All the children die in the flood will go to heaven because they can't make moral choice.

God love is justice,just like a father who love his son so much,if that son did evil,the father will punish him,that how God love is and if you do not change God will pronounce his judgment on you.
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by malvisguy212: 8:57am On Dec 07, 2014
johnydon22:

read here and learn more
https://www.nairaland.com/2032869/did-god-realy-killed-innocent
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by johnydon22(m): 9:01am On Dec 07, 2014
malvisguy212:
read here and learn more
https://www.nairaland.com/2032869/did-god-realy-killed-innocent
No please stop the learning thing, their is no amount of twisting and assertions that can change it... its inhumane if it ever even happened.. to even imagine and putting such thing down is wrong
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by johnydon22(m): 9:06am On Dec 07, 2014
malvisguy212:
atheist always say christians are stupid,but this post you posted is simply rubbish,did you read everything I post? Dint you read were I posted that God told noah to warn the people of there wickedness? how long those it take noah to build The ark? The first day he started building the ark uptil he finish,he preach for them to repent but they refused.do you not read there wickedness? All the children die in the flood will go to heaven because they can't make moral choice.

God love is justice,just like a father who love his son so much,if that son did evil,the father will punish him,that how God love is and if you do not change God will pronounce his judgment on you.

i bet noah believed because God communicated with him directly, why didnt he communicate with those people directly like he did to noah and tell them am sure they would repent immediately. . . this issue of the children going to heaven, why kill them in the first place, why drown them, why kill the strong and the weak together.
and for this noah issue again its impossible that out of everything on earth only one man will be good. . . am sure noah preached to the people in africa, europe and even the island of Australia as he built his ark.. oh mehn please stop... sad... please na stop trying to justify this i beg u.
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by simplex2: 9:30am On Dec 07, 2014
Killing all the first born of the Egyptians because their king refused the Israelites to go! All innocent firstborn perished! Guess what? God was still the one indirectly holding the Israelites hostage; by deliberately Hardening Pharoah's heart.

This means that pharoah wpuld have let them carry their wahala and go, but God hardened his heart, so He will destroy their firstborn and prove to israelites that he is da boss!

Beats me, honestly.

That's why I love my agnostic self.
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by malvisguy212: 9:31am On Dec 07, 2014
johnydon22:

No please stop the learning thing, their is no amount of twisting and assertions that can change it... its inhumane if it ever even happened.. to even imagine and putting such thing down is wrong
you do not believe in the bible YET you prove your point using the Same bible to say God is cruel,that foolishness. I thoughts you are serious,thank you for your time.
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by johnydon22(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2014
malvisguy212:
you do not believe in the bible YET you prove your point using the Same bible to say God is cruel,that foolishness. I thoughts you are serious,thank you for your time.

bro you gave an example with the story of noah, i replied you using the same i never quote any other bible verse everybody can attest to that..am not even trying to show you that god is cruel cus whatever it/he/she is i dont know even if an entity of of such caliber exist, its not my business..but the bible rather paints a very cruel picture of the god it portrays...the noah fable is a man made story its not a factual story we all know it even tho christians like to believe otherwise. . . if you truly believe Christianity teaches the truth then why not open ur mind let us study and investigate the truth and see for our self what truly is true. cus you believe it doesnt make it true, that i dont doesnt make it lie either so let us seek the truth and see what we find.
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by johnydon22(m): 10:03am On Dec 07, 2014
simplex2:
Killing all the first born of the Egyptians because their king refused the Israelites to go! All innocent firstborn perished! Guess what? God was still the one indirectly holding the Israelites hostage; by deliberately Hardening Pharoah's heart.

This means that pharoah wpuld have let them carry their wahala and go, but God hardened his heart, so He will destroy their firstborn and prove to israelites that he is da boss!

Beats me, honestly.

That's why I love my agnostic self.

lmao.. u deh even listen to this isrealites and their myth... if such a thing occured they must certainly be an egyptian record of it but there isnt
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by malvisguy212: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2014
johnydon22:

bro you gave an example with the story of noah, i replied you using the same i never quote any other bible verse everybody can attest to that..am not even trying to show you that god is cruel cus whatever it/he/she is i dont know even if an entity of of such caliber exist, its not my business..but the bible rather paints a very cruel picture of the god it portrays...the noah fable is a man made story its not a factual story we all know it even tho christians like to believe otherwise. . . if you truly believe Christianity teaches the truth then why not open ur mind let us study and investigate the truth and see for our self what truly is true. cus you believe it doesnt make it true, that i dont doesnt make it lie either so let us seek the truth and see what we find.
friend. The op quote from the same bible he dos not believe in it.
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by johnydon22(m): 10:40am On Dec 07, 2014
malvisguy212:
friend. The op quote from the same bible he dos not believe in it.
my brother its between u and i not the op...
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by benodic: 10:45am On Dec 07, 2014
it is not God that changed. it is simply humans that changed.

man over time will continue expanding in consciousness leading to a more loving heart.

God has never changed and will never change. It remains what It has always been and will always be.
Pure Love in Expression.

we are simply evolving spiritually to become like God. Pure Love in Expression .
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by Rossikk(m): 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
okeke00:
o.p, that is what we called civilization. The people that wrote the old testament were not civilized just like our trdational religion down here in africa whom alway sacrifice blood to am immaginary god. Or do you think that with civilization that africans can still do such again? New testament was written after the romans became civilized

So ''God'' was uncivilized with them?
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by Rossikk(m): 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2014
johnydon22:

Not sure why you even bothered with him. Some of these folks are so blinkered and brainwashed they will blatantly justify mass murder, rap.e, and infanticide so long as it is committed or ordered by their deity. Look at this:

1 Samuel 15:2,3
2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "

Hosea 13:16

16 The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,
because they have rebelled against their God.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open
."

I mean, it's absolute madness to believe for a second that this demented entity was responsible for the creation of life and the universe.
Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by johnydon22(m): 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2014
Rossikk:

Not sure why you even bothered with him. Some of these folks are so blinkered and brainwashed they will blatantly justify mass murder, rap.e, and infanticide so long as it is committed or ordered by their deity. Look at this:

1 Samuel 15:2,3
2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "

Hosea 13:16

16 The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,
because they have rebelled against their God.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open
."

I mean, it's absolute madness to believe for a second that this demented entity was responsible for the creation of life and the universe.

no be small... he wipes one race because of what they did to one nomadic trouble mongering race (isreal)... and christians will be shouting it is the god of the whole universe, and that he doesnt practise favouritism...lmao grin... face it or leave yhwh is deity worshipped by d kenites, adopted by d isrealites, who attributed him to el the canaanite supreme god that is associated with a consort asherah... the ancient jews worshipped yhwh and asherah together. . . lmao... myth on top myth...

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by Rossikk(m): 10:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
johnydon22:

no be small... he wipes one race because of what they did to one nomadic trouble mongering race (isreal)... and christians will be shouting it is the god of the whole universe, and that he doesnt practise favouritism...lmao grin... face it or leave yhwh is deity worshipped by d kenites, adopted by d isrealites, who attributed him to el the canaanite supreme god that is associated with a consort asherah... the ancient jews worshipped yhwh and asherah together. . . lmao... myth on top myth...

Exactly. Our Nigerian christians are merely worshiping a violent Jewish tribal deity, believing they are worshiping the Creator of the universe. It's the most insidious trick ever played on Africans. It's like Igbos penning a book claiming that Ibinukpabi, their fearsome, bloodthirsty oracle of old, was in fact the Supreme Being.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' by johnydon22(m): 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
Rossikk:

Exactly. Our Nigerian christians are merely worshiping a violent Jewish tribal deity, believing they are worshiping the Creator of the universe. It's the most insidious trick ever played on Africans. It's like Igbos penning a book claiming that Ibinukpabi, their fearsome, bloodthirsty oracle of old, was in fact the Supreme Being.

no be small

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Noah's Story / Pastor Femi Paul’s Wife In Adultery Mess / Where Is God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.