Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? (7314 Views)

The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi / Men What Would You Do If Your Wife Tells You She Wants To Practice Polyandry???? / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Sweet pain.

Are you a woman?
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

It's truly sad. I don't think these men want broken women because they love the passion and the devotion a woman can bring yet they go about breaking women's spirits and still expect loving arms. I want a woman with passion and devotion and I will want her that way always.

Well said, and it goes both ways. So many out there with their hidden scars, and baggage.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by mutter(f): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
freecocoa:
This mutter of a person never ceases to amaze me, how do you love someone who doesn't love you as much, to the point of not being able to live without him/her?
I'd like to think that you will only be fulfilled if the person you love, feels the same way about you, no? I just can't understand how you can't be able to live without a man who decides to marry another woman, why does he need another woman? If you are not enough for him, doesn't that tell you that, he isn't the right man for you? The man for you would have eyes only for you, ofcourse there will be temptations, but because he loves you, he will choose to stick with you, the one for you won't decide to marry other women.
Please don't tell me you don't mind, if you love that man so much that you can't live without him, the thought of him with another will maim your heart, let alone having to hear him make love to her, Tah! Ma'am please you don't know what love is, you'd rather live without him than share him with another, that's how much you cherish him, what do you think he tells that woman while making love to her? What will he tell you when it's your turn? Just how are you comfortable with such? What makes him so special? Why can't you be that special to the point that he can't live with any but you?
I'm sorry but only someone with extreme case of low self esteem reasons this way, tell me you want to stay because of your children, because you are lazy and need him as a meal ticket, tell me you are staying because you want the mrs title, tell me something but don't tell me you are staying because you love him, no that's not love, you have to love yourself before you can love another and if you love yourself, you won't give your all to a man who doesn't appreciate it.

Loads of women out there that have alot more self esteem than any of us are sharing their husbands. You can rebel all you like it wouldn`t change the reality.
Better save your energy for making sure you don`t get into that situation.

Besides I wonder why so many women bark at polygamy. Is it not the same women comming in as second and third wife. How can a man marry a second wife if no woman agrees to marry him? Many of these second wife`s are pretty emancipated angry

3 Likes

Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Well said, and it goes both ways. So many out there with their hidden scars, and baggage.

I wish I could be a counsellor but I am too emotional sometimes I don't know if I can handle women crying in front of me as a routine.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
mutter:

Loads of women out there that have alot more self esteem than any of us are sharing their husbands. You can rebel all you like it wouldn`t change the reality.

Besides I wonder why so many women bark at polygamy. Is it not the same women comming in as second and third wife. How can a man marry a second wife if no woman agrees to marry him Many of these second wife`s are pretty emancipated angry

Au contraire. Nah, it's not the "same women". Some women are simply fine with it, and that's ok. They have their own reasons. And people should understand that "love" isn't necessarily involved all the time, and that there are people out there with a different outlook.

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

I wish I could be a counsellor but I am too emotional sometimes I don't know if I can handle a women crying in front of me as a routine.

You're a very good-natured person. To me, crying is just plain annoying and uncomfortable. As for myself, I could never live down having someone see me cry for any reason.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

You're a very good-natured person. To me, crying is just plain annoying and uncomfortable. As for myself, I could never live down having someone see me cry for any reason.

He he he, because of you I will start and you will be my first. Bare your soul (enlightened as it may be) LoL
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by HFOG(f): 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

I wish I could be a counsellor but I am too emotional sometimes I don't know if I can handle women crying in front of me as a routine.
Hmm. I've gotten your medicine.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

He he he, because of you I will start and you will be my first. Bare your soul (enlightened as it may be) LoL

Lolll I honestly can't complain. You already know about biggest atrocity of my short life, and that was only 'natural'.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Are you a woman?

Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
HFOG:

Hmm. I've gotten your medicine.

LoL!
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lolll I honestly can't complain. You already know about biggest atrocity of my short life, and that was only 'natural'.

Not sure I do, did you mention it on this thread?
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Not sure I do, did you mention it on this thread?

Perhaps you won't make such a great counselor after all tongue tongue
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Alephilomath: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
mutter:

Besides I wonder why so many women bark at polygamy. Is it not the same women comming in as second and third wife. How can a man marry a second wife if no woman agrees to marry him? Many of these second wife`s are pretty emancipated angry

You never answered my earlier question on this thread. I really would like to know your answer.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Are you a woman or transgender?
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Perhaps you won't make such a great counselor after all tongue tongue

Actually I'll make a good one. The question was a leading one I wanted to eliminate all other possibilities. I have it now.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Are you a woman or transgender?

Aha, transgender sire.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Actually I'll make a good one. The question was a leading one I wanted to eliminate all other possibilities. I have it now.

Prove it, counselor. I've already mentally striped you of your credentials tongue
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 10:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Pain has it's limits. I think some just become dead to it. There was this thread recently wherein a girl asked for suggestions and help on how to "show love". She started off by described the cheating in her first relationship and some similar models she was seeing around her. She then explained that felt withdrawn and cold in her current relationship, and that she's been having difficulty displaying love and emotion to someone she actually "loves". It was eerie because it was the strange title that drew me in, but I quickly realized that it was the same cold withdrawal I felt for so long as a result of a death that devastated me. I felt really sad for her at that point.

Here...
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 10:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Aha, transgender sire.

Ah, no wonder.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Here...

There's hope for you yet.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Ah, no wonder.

I think you're sexy.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by HFOG(f): 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

I think you're sexy.
Plsss shut up! Please! And get thee behind my brother o (satan).
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by freecocoa(f): 10:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
mutter:

No my dear, it's not the same women, one group believe their lives depends on men who don't even feel the same way, the other group knows that they are the best and deserve to be treated as such, anything less is not acceptable, and because love treasures you above all, they are sensible enough to love themselves thereby showing others how to love them, have some self worth and be smart enough to know a man responsible and mature enough to love you, a man who isn't selfish, a man who takes you as himself, yes, such men exist and such a man won't marry another woman, it's even better he asks for divorce than boldly bring in a woman into my home, do you know that if a man loves you, he won't want to do something to hurt you? He won't want to see you in pain mutter, please tell me, how would you honestly feel if your hubby decides to marry another?

5 Likes

Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
HFOG:

Chei! See defense! LoL

1 Like

Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

There's hope for you yet.

LoL. Told ya tongue
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
HFOG:

grin grin

But am endowed.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by HFOG(f): 10:31pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Chei! See defense! LoL
We never settle polygamy/polyandry/celibacy matter this one wan add homosexuality. From where na? Abegi
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

LoL. Told ya tongue

I was worried for a sec there! I have an irrational fear of death, and it's not even on my own behalf.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by LordReed(m): 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I was worried for a sec there! I have an irrational fear of death, and it's not even on my own behalf.

Yeah death can be a scary prospect but I am glad you recognize it as an irrational fear.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 08, 2014
LordReed:

Yeah death can be a scary prospect but I am glad you recognize it as an irrational fear.

I was involved in an auto accident. I survived w/ scratches so superficial, they're no longer on my person. But I lost someone I loved dearly, and suffered from crippling devastation and survivor's guilt. I eventually finished grieving, but I still get anxiety. And its weird, but knowing it's irrational doesn't keep the anxiety/fear from manifesting. It's so much better now, but it's still there and it's been almost 4 years. Now it's like I transfer my fear of loss onto others, like my aging folks, or my fiancé who does some extreme sporting etc, or anyone I know anytime they want to do anything even slightly 'reckless'. I just temper through it. I've turned into such a wuss, it's pathetic.
Re: Polygamy + Polyandry = Monogamy ? by AfricanApple(f): 11:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

shocked shocked seriously?
I thought this is subjected to men alone, sis why that sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Doesn’t Respect Me Since I Lost My Job / Where Can One Get A Good Wife? / Would You Consider Your Spouse Your Best Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.