Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Ancient Nigerian Inventors - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancient Nigerian Inventors (757 Views)

Africans Were The First People Of The Ancient Americas / The Ancient Ibibio People / Ancient Igbo Pyramids: The Nsude Pyramids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ancient Nigerian Inventors by tpiah01: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2015
in view of today's google doodle, which was interesting, I wondered if Nigeria has any known inventors of anything in ancient times.

In case you didnt notice, here is the doodle:

commemorating Alessandro Volta's 270th birthday. He was a physicist and inventor.

So, who are the nigerian names of note when it comes to inventing stuff?
Re: Ancient Nigerian Inventors by tpiah01: 8:00am On Feb 18, 2015
I've read of an Ife Queen who introduced paved walks to the city sometime around the eleventh or sixteenth century or so.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Nigerian Inventors by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 18, 2015
tpiah01:
I've read of an Ife Queen who introduced paved walks to the city sometime around the sixteenth century or so.

Queen Luwo?

Did she invent it or simply introduced it to Ife? That sort of pavements were already in use in the Mediterranean before Luwo's time....

1 Like

Re: Ancient Nigerian Inventors by tpiah01: 3:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
Not sure.

However, it was an innovation.

(1) (Reply)

(must Read) I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls Today With This Photo / Oba Of Benin According To Oral Tradition / Ooni Of Ife's Grand Entrance At His Old School's 62nd Anniversary(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.