Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Waiting,waiting For D’banj - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Waiting,waiting For D’banj (389 Views)

Video : Big Sean,pusha T And Idris Elba Coming To Nigeria For D’banj Koko Concer / Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / Upload Ur Songs !Now! Naija Stars Are Waiting To Download it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Waiting,waiting For D’banj by timothyolam: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
WAITING,WAITING FOR D’BANJ

When the news filtered unto the public domain sometime in April 2012 that Dapo Oyebanjo aka D’banj and his erstwhile business partner and Mo Hits record label co-owner and producer Don jazzy had decided to part ways, not many gave it a nod of approval. To many, the duo were a perfect combination of creativity and balance. While D’banj had the lyrics swag as a self professed entertainer, Don Jazzy had the instrumentals. And so the combination was just what was needed to rule the Nigeria music scene.

When the news broke out,quite a number of Nigerians took steps both privately and publicly to appease both parties with the likes of Cool FM OAP Freeze and Ovation International publisher Dele Momodu, even urging their parents to step in and bring them ‘to their sences’.

Apparently, money matters and mode of operation were the underlying cause of their disagreement. While D’banj had his eyes set on global domination with the recent sign-up with Kanye West’s GOOD Music, his business partner rather preferred to sit tight and hold his reign in the Nigerian music scene.

Fast forward and two years after, both have obviously aligned themselves to their new individual pursuits. While D’banj now runs his self-named record ‘DB Records’, Don Jazzy is king of the Mavins.

Read concluding story here: http://exclusiveafrica.net/2014/12/06/waitingwaiting-for-dbanj/
Re: Waiting,waiting For D’banj by kestolove95(m): 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
#BringBackD'banj

(1) (Reply)

[MUSIC] Yemi Alade – Joy To The World / Sad Story: I Killed My Master Because I Needed N150,000 For Dubai Trip / Patoranking VS Oritsefemi Who Rules 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.